Before you settle in for the night -check the room. I was placed in a room with two double beds. I lifted the covers on one bed, and the sheets were stained with blood. I lifted the covers on the second bed, and there were someone's dirty socks laying there! This means the beds sheets were never changed. I informed the manager and had the beds stripped down and remade at 3AM in the morning. The next day I was upgraded to a top floor king bed room and given a credit on my bill. I think housekeeping is overwhelmed by the size of this hotel and they are cutting corners.
As for the facilities: The pool feels like a warm bath so it's not made for swimming. The breakfast area is very good but charges thirty- five dollars for buffet every morning. The beach is very nice and clean. South Beach area is nearby on a taxi. The lobby is a club scene at night. Not a family place, but sort of a hook up place.
Overall, this is a good hotel, but the staff needs to take some lessons by going to five star hotel school in Asia and Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach