“Check the room first!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Check the room first!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Before you settle in for the night -check the room. I was placed in a room with two double beds. I lifted the covers on one bed, and the sheets were stained with blood. I lifted the covers on the second bed, and there were someone's dirty socks laying there! This means the beds sheets were never changed. I informed the manager and had the beds stripped down and remade at 3AM in the morning. The next day I was upgraded to a top floor king bed room and given a credit on my bill. I think housekeeping is overwhelmed by the size of this hotel and they are cutting corners.
As for the facilities: The pool feels like a warm bath so it's not made for swimming. The breakfast area is very good but charges thirty- five dollars for buffet every morning. The beach is very nice and clean. South Beach area is nearby on a taxi. The lobby is a club scene at night. Not a family place, but sort of a hook up place.
Overall, this is a good hotel, but the staff needs to take some lessons by going to five star hotel school in Asia and Europe.

Room Tip: Take a top floor. Avoid staying over the night club because you won't get any rest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
It was a pleasure speaking to you regarding your experience. I am so happy to learn that aside from the initial inconvenience you encountered, the recovery from our team and the remainder of your stay were excellent. I very much look forward to having you back at Fontainebleau.

5,567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

what an amazing place - would recommend staying here very nice hotel away from the trash of ocean drive.

Get there on a Wednesday and spend 5 nights this way you will enough the delights of the pool parties the women are amazing but make sure you save up because its not a cheap place but you must pay a price for excellence.

1 of the best nightclubs if your into that I spent most of my time in the lobby bar - the women are amazing - take some shades otherwise you might get caught for starring to much.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for Art Basel and everything was great. Food, ambiance, and service were all first class. In my opinion no other hotel comes close to the fountainbleau miami and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who visits Miami.

• Stayed December 2012
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'm a Miami local, but whenever my friends and i want a mini weekend vacation, we always stay at the Fontainebleau Miami and it's always a great experience. The rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly and the overall service is excellent!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visited for a girls weekend and spent 2 full days enjoying the spa. It was so good that we never made it to the pool! We had massages, facials and the best haircut EVER! Arlene was my hairdresser and she was AMAZING. I have never had a better haircut and overall experience at a salon. She knew my hair type and what issues I had with my hair just by looking and touching my hair; VERY IMPRESSIVE! She knew her stuff and she taught me how to care for my hair type and NO ONE has ever done that before. I wish I lived closer because I don't want anyone else touching my hair!!! I guess I will be traveling to Florida every few months to visit Arlene!! Even the receptionist Jennifer was nice; she checked us in quickly and offered us refreshments...great way to start your appointment!
We stayed at the hotel too and it is absolutely beautiful! The rooms are spacious and very clean. All the hotel staff is great and so helpful.
And don't get me started on the restaurants. The food is DELICIOUS and you have your pick of restaurants so you have variety.
OVERALL I highly recommend it! Completely hassle free girls weekend!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor is you love to see a beautiful view. We were high up and we could see for mil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Possibly the best room service on the beach. And the staff friendly, helpful and just great. With some of the best clubs on the beach being on location it makes it that much better. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great room, pool, restaurants and nightlife all in one.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I loved my recent stay at the Fountainebleau hotel. The rooms were spectacular and the grounds amazing. It was the best hotel complex I have ever stayed. I was most impressed though, with the staff help and attentiveness to detail. Chris Boyd and Cynthia Dill - were amazing. It was a special birthday and they made the reservations process smooth and the special details for the birthday were perfectly arranged. Down to the exact cupcake! In short, they made our trip very special and unforgettable. I would recommend this hotel - definitely

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!