Had the good fortune of staying at the renovated fontainebleau hotel for a conference.
The hotel and grounds are absolutely gorgeous. With regard to the rooms themselves, here's the 411: the rooms in the "main" hotel are mediocre: small, and poorly appointed but those in the surrounding towers (Sorrento or Tresor) are MUCH larger, more modern and have more amenities. Even though it would be a longer walk to the main hotel, it is very worth it.
I did not try any of the restaurants in the hotel so can't comment on the culinary aspect, but room service was decent, if (expectedly) over-priced. My overall issue with the hotel was that it was "too" trendy. Of course if you're in to the scene, then this would be a plus. But if you like quiet serenity, there are a number of other equally beautiful but smaller and more peaceful properties in the vicinity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach