“Hotel-good, VALET- VERY,VERY BAD” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SPRING FLING
Ranked #25 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Hotel-good, VALET- VERY,VERY BAD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I read the reviews prior to booking the Fontainebleau to be forewarned to what one might expect. 15 minute line @ the coffee shop every morning, 18% service charge on anything, These are all acceptable inconveniences due to the size and class of the resort. What is not acceptable is the $26 charge with the extreme incompetency of the valet staff. Left my car with the valet ensuring with the valet manager that I can charge the valet fee to my friends room. Valet instructed that I have the ticket/receipt signed by the hotel guest when I have my car retrieved. I had my friend sign and 5 hours later I called the valet from the room to have them bring the car up, being proactive as some of the tripadvisor reviews stated that the valet may take up to 30 minutes when busy. 20 minutes later we arrive at valet and there is no car. I enquire with the woman behind the counter and she tells me that they need the signed ticket before they can call up the car. I asked why she didn't tell me when I called for the car or why didn't she call the room so we didn't have to wait @ valet. The woman said she did call the room a few minutes after I requested the car. We were in the room for 15 minutes after the initial request, she never called. It is now 30 minutes after our initial request. The woman then says "your car is coming up", now 15 minutes later still no car. She continues to say "2-3 minutes more", it is now 45 minutes from the time of our initial request. Missing our restaurant reservations, I'm livid and ask to speak with the valet manager. I'm told the manager is in a meeting, @ 5pm on Saturday? @ 50 minutes after the initial request the car arrives, I'm exhausted and in no mood for a leisurely dinner w/friends. Fontainbleau when everyone complains about the same thing VALET, VALET, VALET you need to realize there is a serious problem......................................

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,507)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent 24 hours in the luxury resort that incorporates beautifully its 60's glamor backbone and its modern cool vibe of today. Drinks on Friday night at the lobby bar were fantastic- the bartenders knew how to make cocktails and music ambiance was a great way to start my Birthday weekend. Saturday morning woke up to the turquoise view of the ocean in a very comfortable room. The Gym was extremely well equipped, The mini coffee shop was perfect for muffins and tea.
A dip in one of the many pools after our bike ride using the city rental station across Collins Avenue was fun. Lunch at the Beach side restaurant, outside under trees on upper level was delicious and appreciated by three generations. We were sorry to leave this wonderful oasis of gorgeous.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor than 7 in main building as views of ocean are better that way.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

That's my favorite hotel in Miami! Excellent beach service, crazy night life for every age, great Gotham steakhouse, I fell in love with Lapis Spa. If you would like to spend some money, go shopping in their boutique, crazy collections of the greatest world designers! Don't forget to check little Solo cafe, tasty deserts and the best coffee! Anywhere you go you will get unforgettable experience! Your wish is their command! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed November 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Fontainebleau is a nightmare. Imagine spending your vacation by the sea locked inside an endless terrarium - not a single window in this 1600 room beast opens. You look at the sea as if on TV - no smell, so sound, no breeze - from every room. Everything at Fontainebleau revolves around overpaying for mediocre food and drink with consistently poor service. An attempt to order coffee from room service, after 10 minutes on hold, was aborted after being told that the wait would be "at least 50 minutes". For a cup of coffee! The lobby overhaul is attractive enough but the hallways are unforgivably tacky. The rooms are nicely appointed (despite the lack of air) and very clean, but the mushy mattress felt as if it had been held over from when the hotel was first opened. The vast amount of money spent on the re-do of the property evidently left little for employee training - there is no sense of experience or professionalism anywhere. My solution: canceling the rest of the reservation and moving to a hotel with - imagine it: a window that opens and a balcony - this morning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Fontainebleau. It is disappointing for us to hear that your overall experience was not to your satisfaction. Our entire team strives to provide a most memorable time for all of our guests, and we truly apologize as this was not achieved for you. We have attempted to contact you several times to discuss your concerns. If you can kindly reach out to us, we would appreciate an opportunity to offer a solution and earn back your loyalty in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel has many different types of rooms and apparantly we were fortunate in getting a room overlooking miami and a pool... but kids were often playing in the pool and our patio constantly had cigarette butts from the patios above tossing them over!!! When in a hotel of that price range you'd think people were brought up more polite!? Not the hotels fault of course. My complaint with a four star hotel with business meetings being the norm, was that we had - upon arriving; no clothes hangers (not one!), no ice in that tower, no iron or board, we had to wait till late afternoon (4:30 pm) for check-in to get the bed choice that was confirmed at time of booking. The room was nice, but not much nicer that the other 3 stars we had been staying at during the week prior. The hotel is definitely geared towards a young crowd with loud music (the unpleasant boom boom kind) and $18 drinks (in a plastic cup no less), We will not be back, even though we did find the staff well trained and very pleasant... even though the pool staff waitresses outfits were very tacky! ... and no we are otherwise not prudish.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days during a conference. As far as I can tell, this is a club first, hotel second (maybe third). The staff were helpful, but the entire place revolves around the nightlife. Interesting seeing drunk kids rolling out of the nightclubs at 5am on my way to the airport. Room itself was ok, kind of small and an akward layout. Would prefer to stay somewhere else next time, mostly because I like my hotel and nightlife to be seperated.

Room Tip: Do not stay above the main club if you want to sleep before 4am.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff at the main pool area was the highlight of my experience at the Foutainebleau. As soon as I stepped foot outside, Jefferson was eager to get my group of friends and myself settled and comfortable. Nikki did an exceptional job recommending Strawberry Margarita pitchers and quesadillas, which were beyond amazing. Throughout our time at the pool, I would also like to recognize Ivan and Leo for constantly stopping by and making sure everything was to our standards and liking.

I cannot wait to return! Thank you Jefferson, Nikki, Leo, and Ivan for making our stay and time at the pool so amazing. You all surpassed my expectations. See you again very soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!