The Fontainebleau is a nightmare. Imagine spending your vacation by the sea locked inside an endless terrarium - not a single window in this 1600 room beast opens. You look at the sea as if on TV - no smell, so sound, no breeze - from every room. Everything at Fontainebleau revolves around overpaying for mediocre food and drink with consistently poor service. An attempt to order coffee from room service, after 10 minutes on hold, was aborted after being told that the wait would be "at least 50 minutes". For a cup of coffee! The lobby overhaul is attractive enough but the hallways are unforgivably tacky. The rooms are nicely appointed (despite the lack of air) and very clean, but the mushy mattress felt as if it had been held over from when the hotel was first opened. The vast amount of money spent on the re-do of the property evidently left little for employee training - there is no sense of experience or professionalism anywhere. My solution: canceling the rest of the reservation and moving to a hotel with - imagine it: a window that opens and a balcony - this morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Jetsetter and Agoda so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach