Stayed for 4 days at the hotel in November.
It's a beautiful hotel, a great location, the grounds were impeccable, and the service was great (see below).
When we first checked in - by a very nice lady, Catherine A - we had a room on the 7th floor. Well, the people in there were playing gangster rap so loud, it sounded like it was coming from our room. So I went down to the front desk & they immediately changed us to the 5th floor - no problem at all. Security happened to be in the elevator with me as I was going back up. He said he was going to see about the noise on the 7th floor, so they obviously react very quickly to complaints. Great to see!
We stayed in the Chateau tower. Room was nice. Not 'amazing', but nice and clean. Virtually no space for clothing and our luggage had to be stacked at the entrance, but not a big deal. Could definitely hear people in other rooms (especially above us). Had a decent view of the canal, which was nice.
Food was mixed. We had a lunch at the La Cote, out by the pools. The $20 "grilled cheese" (I forget the original name of it) was simply amazing. 3 of us had something to eat and it was all excellent. We were also part of a conference, and the food served by the conference catering was average, at best. Service across the board was good - but food itself was mixed.
I mentioned the $20 'grilled cheese'. Prices are definitely on the high side here, so be prepared. 3 lunches with some 'happy hour' drinks and wine for 4 of us was $320.
Beach area was amazing. Beautiful sand and the sounds of waves... Kenny W and the guys will really take care of you there. I think the beach is better than the pool area, but to each their own.
One last thing - if you're into night clubs, apparently the top one (or one of the top ones) is off the lobby of the hotel. For 2 of the nights we were there, the entire lobby area was just packed with people lined up to get in.
Overall, very nice hotel, good service and great location.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.