“Scarpetta with Chef Nina!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #31 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Scarpetta with Chef Nina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We arrived and were immediately acknowledge and greeted with a smile. From the moment we walked in, I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience! The ambiance was AWESOME!! The staff appeared please to work there. Paola and Luis was very attentive but not overbearing.They represented the Fontainebleau very well! When I mentioned that it was my first visit, Luis asked what were some of my favorite dishes and made suggestions accordingly and didn't force "specials" like other restaurants. Chef Nina one word;AMAZING!! I would need more than 200 characters to express how delicious the food was...from the starters to the final course! You have a passion and I tasted with every bite! Thank you for making a everlasting impression on my taste buds!! I've visit many restaurants after but nothing has come close...see you soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,319)
  • Turkish first
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We traveled to FB onbusiness, we came in a day early to allow us a bit of time. We did upgrade to a balcony room in the versaille Tower and what a great choice that was. the view from the 15th floor both to the ocean and the city was breath taking.
The staff were amazing, everyone extremely friendly and helpful.

two people need special commendation: one was Robert Moralies. He assisted one of my friends when her cell phone was left in a cab., He went BEYOND the call of duty to help us out.
The oither one was Mari Care at the consierge desk, as well as Maria (she was born in Argentina) both of those ladies were so very hekpful and patient.

ther bathroom was small and had not much room for leaving your stuff out, especially for a week.

Room Tip: you will be spoiled
Brownstown Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just recently stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was amazing all the way from the staff to the food to the drinks. As soon as I got there the staff was so helpful and friendly *(Giovanni in VIP) was excellent! Anything I needed he was there to assist. I also, wanted to tell you about *(Hector Middle bar) made the most amazing drinks we have ever had and was so friendly! I will definitly refer this hotel to everybody that I know going into Miami. I brag about this hotel and my stay consantly!! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My Husband and I had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel was clean and beautiful. Our first room was clean and nice but had no balcony and had a view of a roof top. After 4;30 we were told to ask for an upgrade (at no extra cost) as the maid service would be complete and more rooms would be available. Kelly at the front desk was extremely friendly and accommodating! She took extra time finding us the perfect room. Our room was Perfect!! A gorgeous suite on the 35th floor over looking the ocean and city. Thanks to Kelly, our stay at the Fontainbleau was kicked off in fabulous style!!!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Fontainebleau. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The pool area and beach are fantastic. The service is outstanding. This is a hotel for people that want to enjoy life. The restaurants are great as well. Everything in the hotel is very expensive though and most everything has a 18% service charge (tip) so be careful when you sign the bill. The lobby bar at night is very fun and the nightclubs are fantastic but not worth the $100 cover charge. The hotel has celebrities walking around if you are a autograph seeker. I was at the hotel for a conference and they did everything extremely well, even the food which is tough for a group of 800. There is not much around the hotel so you'll need to cab to any shopping or restaurants. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. I did not use the spa but heard amazing things about it but I can say the gym is outstanding when compared to other hotels.

Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The resort staff are very friendly and quick to try and please but this is a big, expensive resort that knows how to charge for the little things. $9 coffee, $36 valet parking, $18 for a resort fee. And whatever you do, don't make any long distance calls from your room. The costs are many times in excess of whatever I've paid in any other resort.
The positives include the pool staff who are quick to assist you and ready to help at any time and everything is kept very clean. The rooms are not large and offer limited drawer space. I could have done without the honor bar in favor of a fridge that I could have used for my beverages.
Otherwise, it is a nice place, a little big and a little overpriced.

Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

There are other hotels in Miami with the best prices, services and locations.
My client asked me to make a reservation at the Fontainebleau in October of 2012.
I informed him about the problems I had and never got response Mr.Orlando or anyone else. For this, I wrote this review again. I made a reservation for my client and when he returned, he confirmed having the same problems described below. Plus, he requested a service room that also took 3 hours. What occurs ... Fontainebleau does not have enough employees to meet 1600 accommodation rooms!
Bellow the email without any responses from Fontainebleau

Arrival Date: 05/16/2009 Departure Date: 05/21/2009
Assigned Hotel: Fontainebleau Resort
Confirmation Number: 3218303.
Dear Mr. Orlando,
I would like to share with you some of the experience I had during my stay at your hotel.
1) The room I stayed in ( maybe 656 ) had a hallway shared with two other rooms. To get thru the hallway door I had to use my room key. I had problems getting thru thus door 3 out of the 5 days of my stay. Could not get into the room and had to go downstairs
every time and change the key. Very annoying when you are tired
of the end of the day.
2) Mini-bar. When I first arrive in the room, realized the mini-bar door was locked. Called downstairs and requested someone to open it. Next day did the same! It was never opened
3) On May 19, towels were not changed. At 5.00 PM I wanted to take a shower with clean and dry towels. Called downstairs and requested. By the time, towels arrived I was already leaving the room. It took more than half hour to arrive!
4) Valet parking. The day I was leaving ( after check out ) I called valet for my car. Since I was not in a hurry I asked the lady when the car would be ready at the entrance for me.
And that's what I did. Went downstairs at the time she told me. Unfortunately, the car was not there and I waited about 25 minutes for the car to arrive, worst specially when you pay US$ 32.00 more tips per day for the service. The way I see it, these problems above should not happen in a 5 stars hotel. Those comments intended to be constructive.
I not to be comfortable to indicate your hotel to my friends thinking they may experience the same.
Your comments are welcome.
Best regards.
The hotel does not give me any excuses or comments.
They do not care about my complains and concerns.
Take care. Choose other hotel close Lincoln Road Miami Beach
like Loews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!