“Very Big, Flash Brash and Very Loud” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FOREVER FONTAINEBLEAU
Ranked #30 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Very Big, Flash Brash and Very Loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Hotel has a long and illustrious history and a Billion Dollars was spent refurbishing and extending it just two or three years ago. At first arrival you are impressed with the number of porters and parking attendants making order out of a great deal of traffic, somehow the parking/drop off area seems too small for the size of the Hotel which went from two towers to four in the refurb.
We were over half an hour in the line at reception which didn't impress me, we had booked a suite but were left to find our own way to it and work out the room for ourselves which I did not rate as five star service. That being said the suite itself was beautiful, spacious and well furnished, with a very comfortable bed.
The standard of room cleaning during our 5 day stay left a lot to be desired.
Our room was 150 yards from the lift and it was another 150 yards to Reception and a further 150 yards to the pool so you got plenty exercise. there were several pools dotted around the property with a seperate one dedicated for children, however you had to go to the beach to get any peace and quiet because the main pools [and the main lobby bar] had loud house music playing all the time and you couldn't really have a quiet conversation. Beach Beds free but sunshades were $25.
The front of house staff to a person were everything that you would expect and there was a very high level of security about the place.
This review may sound negative but I don't really mean it to be. We really enjoyed our stay at the Fontainebleau, but at those prices we were looking for perfection which it wasn't.

Room Tip: This is a very big hotel and rooms in the Versailles Tower are 300 yards from Reception and another...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,416)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Upon my arrival, after tipped the doorman, no one indicated where was the front desk... No bell man service... Couldn't find shampoo and conditioner because there were placed in the shower other than on the counter... After being seated in the Blade restaurant, the waiting staff didn't attend me for a long time, because I was alone and the hostess didn't notify the waiter, the Chinese restaurant hostess assigned me a table right in front of the service station because I was a single guest, even I am dressed formal in Channel... all other nicer seats were empty without guests. I chose to dine in Hakkasan not because of the food but because of the decor, I had the meal facing water pots, glass and waiting staff's chattering and baby cries through out the dinner. I booked 2 nights stay and got a $50 credit for SPA, I was told that there was only 11:30am appointment available next day, after I booked the SPA, the front desk informed me that the late checkout time for next day noon, so I either cancel my SPA for a $98 cancellation fee or to pay $150 for a later check out fee... However, I was at the hotel because my friend was attending the conference, there was no places to go in the evening (Mon, Tues) for a little music at the hotel except the Bleu bar. Overall, it is just a disappointing stay, I expected better from a hotel like this. I traveled extensive in Europe, Asia (China and Hong Kong) and US, and I usually don't like to complaint about small things. In general, the hotel has beautiful properties and facilities, the staffs at La Cote definitely are very friendly and professional doesn't matter if you are single traveler or not. I don't need any resolution, just hope the management understand how to train their employees to improve the service. Myself graduated with master of hospitality management from Hilton Hotel and Restaurant Management, so I think that i know a little about hotel service quality. I certainly hope that I will see an improvement of service at hotel Fontainbleu during my visit next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The newly restored Fountainbleau Hotel is a chic, retro decorated resort. The iconic Chateau building and surrounding pools are still dazzling and glamourous. We stayed in the newest, beachfront Sorrento tower. Our room had a huge deck, sitting area, jacuzzi and kitchenette. Everything, including rooms, are immaculate. The restaurants are top of the line. Be sure and spend time on the beautiful beach in a cabana or simple lounge chair sipping one of La Cote's signature drinks !

• Stayed November 2012
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very nice hotel the people the night live , the restaurants, the pools, the beach everything was espectacular . thanks i recomend this hotel as a super hotel, The only thing that a dislike was the cost of the parking of the car

Room Tip: higher floors have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. It has been consistently good. This is my first visit since the most recent renovation a couple of years ago. The hotel is beautiful and EXPANSIVE. This time I stayed in new tower. Room was large with nice balcony , microwave, refrigerator, flat screen Tv with good size bathroom.
The workout center has plenty of equipment with view of pool and ocean. Multiple pools with main pool as large as inland sea. Only knock is location which in mid 40s is somewhat out of the way for south beach action. Oh yes, valet service for car VERY slow.

• Stayed November 2012
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the last couple years. I am usually here every 3-4 months. Its normal for a hotel to have staff turnover and your personal experience can change from time to time.
I was again delighted with the top notch service by the staff @ this hotel. They live up to their 5star rating.

1St thank you to Stefanie Silverman for arranging my trip and making sure everything went smoothly. I truly appreciate all your help. Thank you to Alfredo Morles for greeting us when we arrived and making sure we have had everything we needed. This was a short 3 night 4 day trip. Most of out time was spent @ the pool. HUGE thank you to David & the rest of the pool staff. He always goes above & beyond & takes care of us makes sure we have everything we need. Thank you Christina one our favorite past pool staff waitress whom we were lucky enough to have again. She is so personable & charming. 50% of the reason I love this hotel so much is the pool area & the pool staff! Thank you again Fontainebleau staff for a fabulous long weekend. See you again in 4 months!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get a ocean front balcony. It is so worth the extra $. If you are traveling wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Group went to Miami to do a 70.3 Triathlon. We stayed at the Fontainebleau because the other hotel we originally booked was going through major renovations (jack hammers on the balcony at 8am-6pm, The Perrry Hotel) ...So we decided to move 10 people to The Fontainebleau. This Hotel was amazing! Gotham Steak House was superb, the Lobby was breathtaking and the service was impeccable. We all had Junior Suites facing the ocean in the Sorrento Tower. I loved that we had a small fridge with an ice maker, microwave, dishes, etc. The beds were very comfortable. It is pricey at $750 per nite!

Room Tip: Junior Suite in the Serrento Tower 3-1212 was perfect because it was oceanfront!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!