“All The World's A Spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #31 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“All The World's A Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

No disrespect to Will Shakespeare, but man, he was way off. All the world’s a stage, huh? Well, after an all-day spa spectacular at the Fontainebleau’s Lapis Spa in Miami Beach over the weekend, I can officially confirm that all the world’s a spa. Or at least it should be. I am convinced that spa visits equate to happy people, and happy people make the world a better place. It’s so simple.

Soaking in bubbling mineral baths for hours on end will help lift any haze of unclarity you may have lingering over your life. Lounging on perfectly-arched Morrocan-inspired Hamman marble benches set to 105 degrees will warm your body straight to its core. Laying motionless under an invigorating indoor rain tunnel will work its magic, too. And of course, I can’t forget being buffed and polished from head to toe by a non-English speaking spa professional who was surely taking a break from his mid-day photo shoot at Ocean Drive Magazine to cater to my every need. Ah, life can be so flawless sometimes.

Not my first spa experience, but certainly the most thought-provoking. As I simmered in the eucalyptus-infused steam room, thoughts trickled out of me almost as if they were racing against the glistening beads of sweat rolling down my freshly-polished limbs. I sat there thinking of some of the things I am totally and helplessly in love with in my own little world.

I could go on forever…or least for another day of soaking, spa attendant manhandling and bottomless glasses of lemon-drenched water. But mostly, knowing I’m exactly where I’m meant to be is, dare I say, better than any picture perfect, gold dusted spa steward…for now at least!

VIsit www.marissafoglia.com for more on this review!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

5,603 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The hotel while quite large has great service. An issue developed during my stay and the manager was very responsive in helping to resolve it. It is a great place for a conference as the hotel has a great mix of meeting rooms while offering first class amenities

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We take customer service very seriously, and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed three nights during the week-fortunately, there was, as usual, some convention going on, so I was upgraded to the Sorrento building. I've stayed there before-the best! Very quiet, spectacular ocean view, no noise, good staff-microwave, small personal refrigerator. This was extremely positive, and I'm grateful to have been upgraded. Great value!
My only complaints-the resort charge for the public areas, which I tried to avoid at all costs, and the spa/hair salon. My facial was very unprofessional, in my opinion, and my hair stylist was late 15 minutes, so I had to cancel, since there's an 11a checkout! Fortunately, it wasn't highly enforced in Sorrento, so that was positive.
My room service staff friendly, professional, and all staff in Sorrento very friendly, professional, and helpful!
A very nice stay and positive experience!

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to Sorrento-the best!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review about your experience; It is always good to hear from our guests. I am pleased to learn that our Team responded and was able to find a resolution to your challenge. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed there for a medical confrence , we worked all day and partied all night, Liv is an insane experience.
the staff was attentive ,welcoming and always created you with smile .
the view from my room was breath takeing

Room Tip: any suite on the upper floor in tower
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel. The hotel is incredibly expensive and the service is quite average. A soda costs $7 and the hotel charges $4.50 on every food delivery plus 20% service charge. My other big issue is about the hotel having very thin walls between the rooms and I could hear the noisy neighbors all night. Finally the hotel does not have any firm pillows which made it very hard for me to sleep. The only plus point was the FedEx Kinko's business centre on campus.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the service lift. It can be very noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate your reservation but would like the opportunity to offer you a different pillow, as foam pillows are also available to guests upon request. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable while you are here, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Services Team. Thank you.
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We came here hoping to find a perfect beach hotel in a vibrant city. We found a huge, outdated, smelling of detergent, overpriced and over-rated tourist factory. Feels like it has not changed much since the times of Sinatra.
Avoid especially the Versailles wing, which is the oldest part. We paid for a deluxe room with balcony - 600$ per night - just to find out the balcony cannot be used due to the noise from the chimneys of the restaurant. If it has not been for my wife, who does not stand being cheated, we would have had a very disappointing weekend - luckily, she did raise noise with guest relations and we were moved to a Junior suite in another wing which was better , though not perfect.
The silver lining: most staff members did try to make our stay nice, so bravo to them!
Conclusion: We do not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid the Versailles wing.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear about your impression of Fontainebleau despite our recent extensive renovation. However, I am pleased to know that our team accommodated you and your wife with an alternate room option, in order to make your stay more enjoyable. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Hermosa Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel is an old hotel that has been remodeled and the rooms are decent but nothing special. However, that is not the reason I would never stay there again. During my stay there was an issue with our room (our pullout bed was broken) and it is a long story but my friend and I ended up being woken up by two security guards standing over our bed asking us to leave the room at 5:00 am. I talked to management and there was nothing they could do so we had to pack up and move to a friend's room. The thing that bothered me the most was that we did not let these security guards into our room and it was a very scary way to wake up and be asked to leave. I spoke to top management about the issue the next day and they were not very sympathetic about the whole thing, we did end up getting a credit but only after talking to over 4 different people. The rooms are way over priced and in my opinion not worth it. On the positive side, all the service staff we encountered were amazing specifically Kim, Michael, Mario, Angel, and Allan (sorry I don't know last names). It was a lot of fun at the pool eventhough the weather was not great. The coffee shop in the hotel is outrageously over priced and other than the pool, LIV and Arcadia I would never go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Fontainebleau, we work hard to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and expectations are exceeded. Upon reviewing your reservation, I see that our team did offer a room move when we were informed of your challenge with the sofa bed. In addition, a generous amenity was sent to your party so that you could enjoy the rest of your bachelorette weekend. We appreciate the kind words about our team members, and we will be sure to pass your recognition on to them.

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!