No disrespect to Will Shakespeare, but man, he was way off. All the world’s a stage, huh? Well, after an all-day spa spectacular at the Fontainebleau’s Lapis Spa in Miami Beach over the weekend, I can officially confirm that all the world’s a spa. Or at least it should be. I am convinced that spa visits equate to happy people, and happy people make the world a better place. It’s so simple.
Soaking in bubbling mineral baths for hours on end will help lift any haze of unclarity you may have lingering over your life. Lounging on perfectly-arched Morrocan-inspired Hamman marble benches set to 105 degrees will warm your body straight to its core. Laying motionless under an invigorating indoor rain tunnel will work its magic, too. And of course, I can’t forget being buffed and polished from head to toe by a non-English speaking spa professional who was surely taking a break from his mid-day photo shoot at Ocean Drive Magazine to cater to my every need. Ah, life can be so flawless sometimes.
Not my first spa experience, but certainly the most thought-provoking. As I simmered in the eucalyptus-infused steam room, thoughts trickled out of me almost as if they were racing against the glistening beads of sweat rolling down my freshly-polished limbs. I sat there thinking of some of the things I am totally and helplessly in love with in my own little world.
I could go on forever…or least for another day of soaking, spa attendant manhandling and bottomless glasses of lemon-drenched water. But mostly, knowing I’m exactly where I’m meant to be is, dare I say, better than any picture perfect, gold dusted spa steward…for now at least!
VIsit www.marissafoglia.com for more on this review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach