“A great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York, NY
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My friend and I just returned from a week-long stay at The Shore Club. We found the entire experience at the hotel from arrival to departure to be exceptional. I cannot say enough about how friendly the employees were. The poolside and beach employees in particular were engaging and sincere and enthusiastically welcomed us back each day. They gave us such a warm farewell when we departed that we felt like we were leaving our friends.

We found the accommodations to be superb. In the art-deco style of South Beach, the rooms were simplistic in design, but were not lacking in any amenities. To the contrary, I slept like a baby in the bed (perhaps it was all of the cocktails we consumed at the pool) and found the towels and linen to be of superb quality. Our favorite part of the room was definitely the bathroom. The shower was enormous with great pressure and I felt like I could go swimming in the oversized soaking tub.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great escape in South Beach. You cannot beat the location and the hotel lacks the attitude and pretension that so many of the other luxury boutique hotels have become known for. We had a great time and can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear jmod319,
I love that you loved us! Thanks for choosing us for your week-long vacation. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our wonderful pool and beach staff. See you again soon in what I hope has now become your home in Miami Beach!
jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

1,500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Decided to give Priceline a try and was accepted at the Shore Club. After reading several reviews, was a "little nervous" about our arrival. Actually my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very pleasant, friendly, and helpful. We asked to a king size bed and were given a room on the 6th floor facing the ocean with our own balcony. Just wonderful. Our room was comfortable, quiet, and had the best shower I have every had. I actually liked the marble floors in the room. They were cool and clean. We enjoyed our two night stay and enjoyed all the sites of Miami's South Beach area. Wouldn not hesitate going back to the Shore Club.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear kg314,
Another success story! I’m happy you and your husband enjoyed yourselves in our property. Who would want to leave the room when it is so comfortable inside and with such breathtaking ocean view from your balcony? Although I’m sure you had a lot of fun at the pool and SkyBar as well!
We would gladly welcome you back…I hope it’s soon!
Regards,
Jennifer E.
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I just recently got back from a 4 day trip to Miami and stayed at the shore club. The website is alot nicer then the actual hotel itself. Although the staff was great, the hotel rooms were very small. I was told i was getting a large room with partial ocean view what i got was a dorm room with a view of a wall. I also was told i would get a wet room and just got a large tub. The most annoying aspect of it all, is that the fans in the bathroom didn't work so when u took a shower u had to open the door to get the air out. In addition, the lighting in the room is horrible. The grounds of the hotel, i.e. beach and pool area was really nice however the restaurant Ago was horrible and terrible overpriced. For 400+ a night you can def get your money's worth elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Dear honest917,
I’m sorry you experienced challenges during your stay. I wish we would have known before so we can correct them and you get to fully enjoy your time with us. If you decide to visit Miami Beach, please contact me directly and I’ll do my best to make your stay flawless.
jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

-Pros great location, great pool and beach, attentive and tolerant service

-Cons Everything has an upcharge or added fee be careful before opening anything in the room a friend accidentlely opened up one of their $40 bottles of shampoo (you read right that correctly a $40 dollar bottle of shampoo). If you have an ocean view room bring a sleeping eye mask, the curtains do nothing to block the sun. The hotel room has kind of the cheap ikea feel to it

It is no exageration that there is music blaring just about all the day and we could hear it 12 floors up with the balcony door closed.

Overall if you have money to burn and are under 30 of age or at heart it will be a fun hotel, if not you will have a miserable time here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

This is the first review i have posted on trip advisor. I planned a two week holiday for the last week of February. My first stop was the lively shore club in miami then followed by a mellow trip to the caribbean. i was recommended the shore club in miami, the hotel has a brilliant architectural style and a funky atmosphere. The service was fantastic whilst Nobu restaurant was as brilliant as ever...

We reserved a deluxe king room, it suited our needs and i even think one of the smaller options would have been perfect. i have no doubt that i will return again soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear swanstravel,

I’m overjoyed you had a great stay with us and embraced our architectural style and ‘funky atmosphere’!
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Jennifer E.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I booked this hotel on Priceline and got a little scared by some of the negative reviews and contacted Jennifer E at the hotel and she was most graceful in helping us out with a GREAT room that was both very quiet and relaxing. Awesome bathroom and a very comfortable bed with nice sheets. This exceeded my expectations!!! Thank you Jennifer and The Shore Club
Mike K

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
shoreclubmanagers, Guest experience manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear exportm / Mike K,
Many thanks for your kind words. As I mentioned to you before, thanks for giving us the opportunity to form your own opinion about Shore Club. I was glad you contacted me previously and we tried our best to show you a great time in a great room!
My offer to help you with future reservation arrangements is still up—so please let me know and we will continue to exceed your expectations in your future vacation.

Jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I, too, got 'matched' with the Shore Club from Priceline for $250. The grounds are very pretty with a fantastic restaurant and club on the main floor - Nobu - must go for the best sushi in South Beach. However, I highly recommend you visit for dinner and NOT stay. The elevators and hallways leading to the room felt like you were in a run down mental institution. The room was very small, we couldn't even roll our suitcase between the bed and the dresser to get to the other side of the room. The floors were a terrible stone that gave you the willys when walking on them. The bathroom was very nice, but again, carried the stone floor throughout. In terms of room decor, it felt they cheaped out on everything - the furniture looked like beaten down 1990's ikea furniture, the ipod dock speakers were blown, the curtains didn't block the light, etc. Just a joke.

Staff was friendly and helpful, but it couldn't make up for missing the basics. Don't take a chance Priceline-ing it for this area. It does NOT deserve the 4-star rating it has. I hate to write a bad review, but we were so throughly disappointed that I felt the need to.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear LeBronKhan,
Thanks for complimenting our staff. Although, I’m sad to read you didn’t have a happy stay. I wish we would have known this while you were still at Shore Club so we can turn around your experience. Our minimalistic décor and the Mexican sandstone in our guest rooms doesn’t please everyone; and we are looking at other options to provide to our guests.
Jennifer Espinoza

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!