“Do not stay at the Shore Club!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cincinnati
“Do not stay at the Shore Club!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

This place was probably really nice....30 years ago. In definite need of a refresh. I booked on PRICELINE (4 stars????) Priceline SHAME ON YOU! Concrete floors in my priceline room, little sound proofing. Loud, noisy partying all night long. If you're booking on business, stay somewhere else, OR go to bed early and catch a few winks, cause starting around 2am, it will be noisy til around 5am. One redeeming quality, 2 blocks from the convention center which is where my meetings were.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Dear BigStogie,

What can I say to make amends? I’m sorry you didn’t have a great stay with us—we’d love to have you back, and show you why guests continue to come back to Shore Club.

Regards,

jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
the world
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Arrived at the portico and thought the car must be on fire and we didn't notice as the vehicle was approached on all sides by energetic porters (young, good looking, friendly Cubans) who had the luggage out before I even had my seatbelt undone. The portico has large spacious white leather couches with throw cushions to sit and watch the Aston Martins, Rolls, and the young and hip who arrive nightly at 11PM for the party scene and music around the pool that lasts into the early morning.

Two warmly heated pools curiously with no one swimming in them. Young posers all sitting around on double beds by the pools checking each other out. Bikinis during the day and spaghetti strap beach dresses up to the crotch and ultra high weird looking shoes at night are the dress code. How these 20 somethings can afford the in house boutique styles and everything else on the beach I'll never know. Unfortunately, pools are closed to swimming in the evenings. I loved the flowing curtains in the lobby and all over outside, something like the Arabian Nights, with beautiful tropical plants and subtle lighting. The beach has a paved walkway for strolling or whatever.

Rooms were stark, all cement, but the bedding was fine, the towels thick, and if you arrived with nothing you could pay in the room for everything from prophalactics and vibrator to pool wraps and sun tan lotion. There is a safe in the room, robes, and hair dryer. I stayed with an ocean view and balcony so I could smoke (many restaurants have cigars on their menus). It was windy and on a high floor (which helped with party noise abatement) but the view was spectacular and much nicer than others with rooms on the side where the proximity to the next building bounced endless driving music till the wee hours. We had a good time but very expensive, a cruise would have cost half as much.

PS- We didn't eat at the hotel due to food allergies but no meal we had while in Miami lasted less than two hours, including breakfast. Good if you want to relax and enjoy. Never made it to the spa either, too busy eating and swimming.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Dear NoImNot,

Thanks for you in-depth review—I’m pleased you had a nice stay with us. I’ll make sure to pass on your kind words about the valet staff—they’ll be thrilled!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Shore Club in the near future.

Best,
roma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

5 stars???!... 10 cm of dust under the bed, someone stole jewelery in the room, expired drinks and biscuits in the minibar !!....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Steped,

Oh gosh—sounds like you didn’t have a great experience with us at all. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss the issues you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

An all white hotel is beautiful to look at and very becoming of Miami but also very difficult to maintain especially if it has a reputation as a party destination. I guess that must be the dilemma of maintenance at this hotel.

...And what about those billowing white drapes around the columns just waiting to go up in flames from the lamps huh? Fire Hazard anyone?

The front desk staff strike a balance between casual yet respectful and engage guests right at the get go, so this is such a pleasant and welcomed change, especially after a 20.5 hour journey! The way the hotel is laid out leaves a lot to be desired tho', looking for your room in a white maze with reverberating corridors is a little daunting. I was so afraid I was gonna' be hurled obscenities as I made my way to my room which was, all the way to the end and past two towers, I guess that's the price you have to pay for an ocean view huh? It was also the coldest Miami had ever found itself, 32 degrees and wet! So the journey to Ago for a nice strong latte made me go "hump" when I found myself walking past the lobby and into the courtyard and then back into the corridor and out again past the bar and then into Ago...in any other given balmy Miami day this would have been fine but on a frigid week such as this, it was kinda...Brrrrrrrr....can you imagine what it must be like for the party goers as they make their way back to their rooms after 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila...Floor?

The rooms are cute but minimal. The idea is nice but the hotel fails when form does not meet function, again, am sure this would not matter so much on any other average Miami day but when in 32 degrees, hot water and a working mixer is crucial to a satisfying bath. The Bathroom was drool worthy tho'...ample space and quite a lot of natural daylight filtering in through the frosted windows. Loves it!

The decor is sterile, a few carefully placed carpets or rugs could have lent a much softer feel to the otherwise ample Deluxe King Ocean View room. Out on the balcony looking out at another tower, paint is feeling off the walls and in another part of the hotel, the side of the wall completely fell off, a few more months and it would be a full blown hole in the wall. So it's looking weather worn in some parts. By the way, the music will keep you up at night unless you're like me and can sleep through a tornado.

All in all, an okay hotel that has seen better days, with a little more attention and TLC to aesthetics; it could relive its glory days! The staff is really what makes this hotel cool...reminds me of the good ole' W hotel days. Stay here only if you're in Miami to paint the town red otherwise, you may be in for a rough ride. Have dinner at Nobu at least once when you're there...food's okay but it's something you gotta' do at least once when in Miami!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

The good bits. The room was big and because they messed up so often they reduced the rate for us. Also, consierge was very good.

The bad bits.
The room was dirty when we arrived.
The floors in all the room have exterior unsealed tiles as the flooring which means it's cold, hard and always dusty. Very impractical because they are difficult to keep clean.
One day they just didn't service our room because they said they thought we were checking out. When I was in reception management was dealing with a number of similar complaints so we weren't a one off. We missed dinner reservations because houskeeping took an hour to turn up even when we reported it.
The bar areas were very very tired looking - they looked dirty and unpleasant. Service was generally dreadful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

This hotel is great for those looking for a nonstop party. I stayed here with my fiance for her birthday. The pool is beautiful but did not provide any relaxation- it gets very crowded and loud. We booked a standard king room, but to our delight when we mentioned it was a birthday they upgraded us to a suite! All in all a great stay- would have been better if the other guests weren't so "Jersey Shore-ish" if you get my drift.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear Miami_dpm,

I’m pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, and a good birthday!

We have a couple of pools—the main pool is where a lot of guests like to hang out and enjoy the sociable music and scene, and the beach pool is reserved for guests who want a bit of relaxation and recuperation. The beach is also right on our doorstep—just the ocean waves to relax to!

I hope to see you again soon—we’d love to have you!

Warm regards,

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were looking for a more traditional hotel by South Beach Miami, but "matched" with this one. Location is very good. Hotel is very austere - cement floors, minimal furnishings, no character at all. Parking is a total rip at $44/night. The pool area is truly disgusting - old furniture in bad repair. Clearly, management has avoided spending money to keep this hotel to quality 4 star standards. For the price we paid, maybe I shouldn't complain, but this hotel is not pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hello,

I’m so sad you didn’t have a great stay with us—it’s true—we are not a ‘traditional’ hotel—we like to be a bit different (but hopefully, in a good way!). The minimalist décor is part of our design—I’m sorry it’s not to your liking—we do try to please everyone, but I understand everyone has different tastes/opinions.

Parking in South Beach is so expensive—I agree, but unfortunately it is everywhere. Our prices are comparable with all other hotels in the area.

I’m please to let you know that our pool area is currently undergoing a renovation. Hopefully, next time you visit you will enjoy the benefits. Let me know if you’re coming back to Miami—I’ll love to make sure your stay with us is a great one!

Best,

jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!