“don't go to the shore club!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
roma
“don't go to the shore club!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

5 stars???!... 10 cm of dust under the bed, someone stole jewelery in the room, expired drinks and biscuits in the minibar !!....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Dear Steped,

Oh gosh—sounds like you didn’t have a great experience with us at all. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss the issues you have mentioned.

Thanks,
jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

An all white hotel is beautiful to look at and very becoming of Miami but also very difficult to maintain especially if it has a reputation as a party destination. I guess that must be the dilemma of maintenance at this hotel.

...And what about those billowing white drapes around the columns just waiting to go up in flames from the lamps huh? Fire Hazard anyone?

The front desk staff strike a balance between casual yet respectful and engage guests right at the get go, so this is such a pleasant and welcomed change, especially after a 20.5 hour journey! The way the hotel is laid out leaves a lot to be desired tho', looking for your room in a white maze with reverberating corridors is a little daunting. I was so afraid I was gonna' be hurled obscenities as I made my way to my room which was, all the way to the end and past two towers, I guess that's the price you have to pay for an ocean view huh? It was also the coldest Miami had ever found itself, 32 degrees and wet! So the journey to Ago for a nice strong latte made me go "hump" when I found myself walking past the lobby and into the courtyard and then back into the corridor and out again past the bar and then into Ago...in any other given balmy Miami day this would have been fine but on a frigid week such as this, it was kinda...Brrrrrrrr....can you imagine what it must be like for the party goers as they make their way back to their rooms after 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila...Floor?

The rooms are cute but minimal. The idea is nice but the hotel fails when form does not meet function, again, am sure this would not matter so much on any other average Miami day but when in 32 degrees, hot water and a working mixer is crucial to a satisfying bath. The Bathroom was drool worthy tho'...ample space and quite a lot of natural daylight filtering in through the frosted windows. Loves it!

The decor is sterile, a few carefully placed carpets or rugs could have lent a much softer feel to the otherwise ample Deluxe King Ocean View room. Out on the balcony looking out at another tower, paint is feeling off the walls and in another part of the hotel, the side of the wall completely fell off, a few more months and it would be a full blown hole in the wall. So it's looking weather worn in some parts. By the way, the music will keep you up at night unless you're like me and can sleep through a tornado.

All in all, an okay hotel that has seen better days, with a little more attention and TLC to aesthetics; it could relive its glory days! The staff is really what makes this hotel cool...reminds me of the good ole' W hotel days. Stay here only if you're in Miami to paint the town red otherwise, you may be in for a rough ride. Have dinner at Nobu at least once when you're there...food's okay but it's something you gotta' do at least once when in Miami!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

The good bits. The room was big and because they messed up so often they reduced the rate for us. Also, consierge was very good.

The bad bits.
The room was dirty when we arrived.
The floors in all the room have exterior unsealed tiles as the flooring which means it's cold, hard and always dusty. Very impractical because they are difficult to keep clean.
One day they just didn't service our room because they said they thought we were checking out. When I was in reception management was dealing with a number of similar complaints so we weren't a one off. We missed dinner reservations because houskeeping took an hour to turn up even when we reported it.
The bar areas were very very tired looking - they looked dirty and unpleasant. Service was generally dreadful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

This hotel is great for those looking for a nonstop party. I stayed here with my fiance for her birthday. The pool is beautiful but did not provide any relaxation- it gets very crowded and loud. We booked a standard king room, but to our delight when we mentioned it was a birthday they upgraded us to a suite! All in all a great stay- would have been better if the other guests weren't so "Jersey Shore-ish" if you get my drift.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear Miami_dpm,

I’m pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, and a good birthday!

We have a couple of pools—the main pool is where a lot of guests like to hang out and enjoy the sociable music and scene, and the beach pool is reserved for guests who want a bit of relaxation and recuperation. The beach is also right on our doorstep—just the ocean waves to relax to!

I hope to see you again soon—we’d love to have you!

Warm regards,

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were looking for a more traditional hotel by South Beach Miami, but "matched" with this one. Location is very good. Hotel is very austere - cement floors, minimal furnishings, no character at all. Parking is a total rip at $44/night. The pool area is truly disgusting - old furniture in bad repair. Clearly, management has avoided spending money to keep this hotel to quality 4 star standards. For the price we paid, maybe I shouldn't complain, but this hotel is not pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hello,

I’m so sad you didn’t have a great stay with us—it’s true—we are not a ‘traditional’ hotel—we like to be a bit different (but hopefully, in a good way!). The minimalist décor is part of our design—I’m sorry it’s not to your liking—we do try to please everyone, but I understand everyone has different tastes/opinions.

Parking in South Beach is so expensive—I agree, but unfortunately it is everywhere. Our prices are comparable with all other hotels in the area.

I’m please to let you know that our pool area is currently undergoing a renovation. Hopefully, next time you visit you will enjoy the benefits. Let me know if you’re coming back to Miami—I’ll love to make sure your stay with us is a great one!

Best,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Stayed at the Shore Club with friends to celebrate a 35th B-Day party. It turned out to be a great choice for all of us.

We booked on Priceline and stole the rooms for less than $200 each. The pool scene was great. We had a warm afternoon and loved the pitchers of mojitos ($85) and Presidente beers. We took drinks down to the beach (don't know if this was legal or not but did it anyway) and enjoyed some great music and people watching. The girls in our group all joined in the fun and went topless. Once the sun started to go down we jumped in the hot tub (not too hot but warm enough to keep on drinking) until it was pretty much dark.

Ate dinner at Sushi Samba. The food was amazing and I don't know if I have had better sushi. It was right on par with Nobu plus the Curry flash-fried snapper was outstanding. Drinks were great and I loved the obscure Japanese beer choices. The tab was downright reasonable given the food quality. Service was excellent as well.

Went back to the SkyBar at the Shore Club and stayed in for the night. Cool crowd, great drinks and it was nice to stand in the courtyard underneath the lights and keep on drinking. We stayed until the crown thinned out and called it a night. Great breakfast and Bloody Mary's overlooking the pool the next day.

I'd go back for sure and yes it was pricey but we had a great time. The staff are all strong from the bartenders to housekeeping. Good folks working hard to make sure everyone is happy. The rooms all small, sterile and minimalistic but in South Beach you won't spend any real time in them anyway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

overall:
i will stay at another hotel if i go back to miami. the shore club needs to be renovated.

value:
i typically believe in "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case. yes, i got a relatively good deal on a travel website, but the main pool was closed during my entire stay and i view the pool as an important part of a vacation. the hotel also seems like it's trying to nickel and dime the guests wherever possible. see ratings below for other aspects that took down the value of this hotel.

cleanliness and rooms:
originally i was given a king room (with a queen bed and overall size as big as my office cube) facing the side of an adjacent building, so when i looked straight ahead it was a blank piece of scummy wall, and when i looked down from the window it was right at a dumpster. why bother assigning, or even making rooms like this? the hotel must get a complaint every time a room like this is given. there were also piles of useless bath/underwear products for sale placed throughout the already suffocating space.

i requested to switch rooms and thankfully the hotel manager moved us to a deluxe king. it was infinitely better, but still there were bugs in the room; the shower pipes did not work if dialed past midpoint and sounded like they were going to burst. i did not report the shower problem to the staff as the shower was working, just not in good condition. furniture and bath amenities had clear signs of wear and tear with chipped corners and dented parts everywhere, not what you'd expect to see at a 4-star hotel.

location:
great location because it's right on the beach and close to restaurants. though i wasn't bothered by the noise/music that played through 3am even on a stormy night, i can confirm that the volume may certainly be an issue for many guests

service:
we'll end on a good note here. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Ksssnake,

I’m sorry that you didn’t have a great stay with us. Unfortunately the main pool had to be closed for a 2-week period to undergo safety and code compliance work. We tried to notify everyone before coming to visit us. Whilst the main pool was closed, we made sure to have other alternatives available – the back pool, the beach pool, and also complimentary beds and umbrellas at the beach.

I am pleased that we were able to move you to an alternate room, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I’d love the opportunity to welcome you back to Shore Club. If you change your mind, let me know, and I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have a great stay with us.

Warm Regards,

jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!