“Got stuck here with Pric*line” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New Jersey
“Got stuck here with Pric*line”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were looking for a more traditional hotel by South Beach Miami, but "matched" with this one. Location is very good. Hotel is very austere - cement floors, minimal furnishings, no character at all. Parking is a total rip at $44/night. The pool area is truly disgusting - old furniture in bad repair. Clearly, management has avoided spending money to keep this hotel to quality 4 star standards. For the price we paid, maybe I shouldn't complain, but this hotel is not pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Hello,

I’m so sad you didn’t have a great stay with us—it’s true—we are not a ‘traditional’ hotel—we like to be a bit different (but hopefully, in a good way!). The minimalist décor is part of our design—I’m sorry it’s not to your liking—we do try to please everyone, but I understand everyone has different tastes/opinions.

Parking in South Beach is so expensive—I agree, but unfortunately it is everywhere. Our prices are comparable with all other hotels in the area.

I’m please to let you know that our pool area is currently undergoing a renovation. Hopefully, next time you visit you will enjoy the benefits. Let me know if you’re coming back to Miami—I’ll love to make sure your stay with us is a great one!

jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Stayed at the Shore Club with friends to celebrate a 35th B-Day party. It turned out to be a great choice for all of us.

We booked on Priceline and stole the rooms for less than $200 each. The pool scene was great. We had a warm afternoon and loved the pitchers of mojitos ($85) and Presidente beers. We took drinks down to the beach (don't know if this was legal or not but did it anyway) and enjoyed some great music and people watching. The girls in our group all joined in the fun and went topless. Once the sun started to go down we jumped in the hot tub (not too hot but warm enough to keep on drinking) until it was pretty much dark.

Ate dinner at Sushi Samba. The food was amazing and I don't know if I have had better sushi. It was right on par with Nobu plus the Curry flash-fried snapper was outstanding. Drinks were great and I loved the obscure Japanese beer choices. The tab was downright reasonable given the food quality. Service was excellent as well.

Went back to the SkyBar at the Shore Club and stayed in for the night. Cool crowd, great drinks and it was nice to stand in the courtyard underneath the lights and keep on drinking. We stayed until the crown thinned out and called it a night. Great breakfast and Bloody Mary's overlooking the pool the next day.

I'd go back for sure and yes it was pricey but we had a great time. The staff are all strong from the bartenders to housekeeping. Good folks working hard to make sure everyone is happy. The rooms all small, sterile and minimalistic but in South Beach you won't spend any real time in them anyway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

overall:
i will stay at another hotel if i go back to miami. the shore club needs to be renovated.

value:
i typically believe in "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case. yes, i got a relatively good deal on a travel website, but the main pool was closed during my entire stay and i view the pool as an important part of a vacation. the hotel also seems like it's trying to nickel and dime the guests wherever possible. see ratings below for other aspects that took down the value of this hotel.

cleanliness and rooms:
originally i was given a king room (with a queen bed and overall size as big as my office cube) facing the side of an adjacent building, so when i looked straight ahead it was a blank piece of scummy wall, and when i looked down from the window it was right at a dumpster. why bother assigning, or even making rooms like this? the hotel must get a complaint every time a room like this is given. there were also piles of useless bath/underwear products for sale placed throughout the already suffocating space.

i requested to switch rooms and thankfully the hotel manager moved us to a deluxe king. it was infinitely better, but still there were bugs in the room; the shower pipes did not work if dialed past midpoint and sounded like they were going to burst. i did not report the shower problem to the staff as the shower was working, just not in good condition. furniture and bath amenities had clear signs of wear and tear with chipped corners and dented parts everywhere, not what you'd expect to see at a 4-star hotel.

location:
great location because it's right on the beach and close to restaurants. though i wasn't bothered by the noise/music that played through 3am even on a stormy night, i can confirm that the volume may certainly be an issue for many guests

service:
we'll end on a good note here. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Ksssnake,

I’m sorry that you didn’t have a great stay with us. Unfortunately the main pool had to be closed for a 2-week period to undergo safety and code compliance work. We tried to notify everyone before coming to visit us. Whilst the main pool was closed, we made sure to have other alternatives available – the back pool, the beach pool, and also complimentary beds and umbrellas at the beach.

I am pleased that we were able to move you to an alternate room, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I’d love the opportunity to welcome you back to Shore Club. If you change your mind, let me know, and I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have a great stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Bozen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

my wife and me spend a week at the Shore Club, we are from the fashion industry. The room was spacious and comfortable, I liked it better than the one at the Delano earlier this year. The lobby needs revamping, as well as the restaurants and bar (the Raleigh scores much better in this respect). The pools are fun, more than those of other comparable hotels, I liked the weekend action a lot, so .... genuously american without European snobbiness. Downside: if you do not have a deep sleep, you'd better stay up partying. We got a good deal price-wise.
Competition is setting new standards, thus the Shore Club needs to catch up -not easy for somebody who led the pack once.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear campeao,

Thanks for your review. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Shore Club has a fun atmosphere and we encourage our guests to enjoy our famous bar scene as well. That’s what South Beach is mostly about!

Thanks for choosing us and other Morgans Hotel group properties. We always strive to lead and offer the most unique and fun experience.

Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

This place was perfect with 2 Great Restaurants and 2 options for a nightlife. The pool lounge at night is very sexy and classy. The Red Room was Hip and fun. Nobu is now my favorite place to be ever. I have been to the 2 in NYC and the one in Las vegas and I have to say this one is the BEST one! The Italian Restaurant next to Nobu was great too and their staff was great. The beach is right next to the hotel. My room was huge, my balcony was great, my bed was like heaven and I had a great view of the beach and My pool. I liked that it was very close to shopping areas and cvs. Not far from Nikki Beach my second favorite place to party. Is located close to all the fun spots;-)

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
Dear luvangel1883,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience you had!

We really do have everything to keep you busy or relaxed—whichever your preference is—under the same roof: from pools, to restaurants, to stores, to the beach, to a wonderful spa.

Im glad you had fun and enjoyed our atmosphere. Please contact me when you decide to visit us again so we can continue to pamper you.

Regards,

Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

When we went to the Shore Club we had a lot of fun. The rooms are very airy and light. We got a Junior Suite with sea view. Great bathrooms, lots of space. They are kind of loud though because in the mornings you have room service wagons on the concrete floor and you have loud music on the weekends. Anyway the pool scene is fun to watch, the restaurants are great, especially Nobu. Thy gym and the Spa definitely need work!!! Ago has probably become a bit of age but is ok anyway. All in all a fun experience perfect for a girls holiday or partying.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Dear goldengirl1976,

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the great feedback on our rooms, pool area and restaurants.

We do recognize the challenge with outside noise and we are looking into options on how we can provide a quieter experience to our guests.

Please contact me directly should you decide to come back to South Beach.

Warm regards,

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was very surprised by the negative reviews on this hotel. From my experience, I can't understand how they got that impression, but every circumstance is different. Our stay was part of a romantic getaway, and we both loved it!

We got the hotel at a discounted rate on another travel website, but were nevertheless treated like gold upon arrival. They gave us an amazing room with a King Bed and a partial Ocean view, and even allowed for a late checkout.

The main lobby is so cool and relaxing. Wide open and beautiful white curtains and candles. The attention to detail is just wonderful. They have potted plantes and tropical gardens throughout, which add such a nice touch. It is a perfect mix of nature and hip contemporary styling. There is no shortage of bars and two, if not three restaurants on site. Had an amazing breafkast at AGO restaurant. The service was very good and personable. I was constantly waiting to be disappointed based on past reviews here, but instead kept finding myself relaxed and pampered. They also play music throughout the place, which gives it such a great vibe.

Just outside the Nobu Tower (and Ago Restaurant) there is a very european style courtyard with trees, plants, and sofas, all lit up by candles at night. This was the most romantic area of the hotel and a perfect place to unwind and have a drink.

The pool area is so much fun. Definitely not for everyone's taste, but if you're young or young at heart and like hip club music playing by the pool and big comfy mattresses and waited service, then this is your place. I checked out the Delano as well (their sister hotel) and the Shore Club is definitely more happening and intended for a younger crowd. Delano is a bit more "upscale" and a bit quieter, whereas the Shore Club at 3 DJ's going at it by the pool and gave you the feeling you were part of a very fun pool party. And the best thing is that if you don't like that scene, they have another pool and jacuzzi in the back, near the beach entrance, where you can relax and be away from the "party" atmosphere. And if that's not enough, just walk another 100 feet and you're at the Ocean Edge where they set you up with comfy beach chairs and towels, with waited service.

We were in the Nobu Tower, and the room was very cool. Mostly white, but the bed and pillows were so comfortable. I slept very soundly. Very comfortable bed! The shower was also very cool, a large glass wall with stone tile and a chair inside the shower. The bath products were all upscale and plenty of towels, robes, etc. You can even purchase a variety of things within the room if you want.

The Hotel also turns into a nightclub at night (Skybar) which was more happening than many of the bars on Ocean Drive. I can understand why this might not be for everyonet's taste, especially if you prefer classical music and more conservative decor, but if you're young or young at heart and coming to Miami and looking for a lively, hip, stylish experience then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear xtos,

Thanks so much for your excellent and complete review! I’m very glad you got to enjoy every aspect of our hotel…from the rooms, to the pool, restaurant, and bars!

Thanks for appreciating the efforts we’ve made to provide our guests with the chicest and most fun ambiance.

I hope you come back soon to Miami Beach to where I hope becomes your favorite place in town!

Jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!