“good, but I expected a bit more” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bozen
“good, but I expected a bit more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

my wife and me spend a week at the Shore Club, we are from the fashion industry. The room was spacious and comfortable, I liked it better than the one at the Delano earlier this year. The lobby needs revamping, as well as the restaurants and bar (the Raleigh scores much better in this respect). The pools are fun, more than those of other comparable hotels, I liked the weekend action a lot, so .... genuously american without European snobbiness. Downside: if you do not have a deep sleep, you'd better stay up partying. We got a good deal price-wise.
Competition is setting new standards, thus the Shore Club needs to catch up -not easy for somebody who led the pack once.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear campeao,

Thanks for your review. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Shore Club has a fun atmosphere and we encourage our guests to enjoy our famous bar scene as well. That’s what South Beach is mostly about!

Thanks for choosing us and other Morgans Hotel group properties. We always strive to lead and offer the most unique and fun experience.

jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

This place was perfect with 2 Great Restaurants and 2 options for a nightlife. The pool lounge at night is very sexy and classy. The Red Room was Hip and fun. Nobu is now my favorite place to be ever. I have been to the 2 in NYC and the one in Las vegas and I have to say this one is the BEST one! The Italian Restaurant next to Nobu was great too and their staff was great. The beach is right next to the hotel. My room was huge, my balcony was great, my bed was like heaven and I had a great view of the beach and My pool. I liked that it was very close to shopping areas and cvs. Not far from Nikki Beach my second favorite place to party. Is located close to all the fun spots;-)

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
Dear luvangel1883,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience you had!

We really do have everything to keep you busy or relaxed—whichever your preference is—under the same roof: from pools, to restaurants, to stores, to the beach, to a wonderful spa.

Im glad you had fun and enjoyed our atmosphere. Please contact me when you decide to visit us again so we can continue to pamper you.

Regards,

Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

When we went to the Shore Club we had a lot of fun. The rooms are very airy and light. We got a Junior Suite with sea view. Great bathrooms, lots of space. They are kind of loud though because in the mornings you have room service wagons on the concrete floor and you have loud music on the weekends. Anyway the pool scene is fun to watch, the restaurants are great, especially Nobu. Thy gym and the Spa definitely need work!!! Ago has probably become a bit of age but is ok anyway. All in all a fun experience perfect for a girls holiday or partying.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Dear goldengirl1976,

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the great feedback on our rooms, pool area and restaurants.

We do recognize the challenge with outside noise and we are looking into options on how we can provide a quieter experience to our guests.

Please contact me directly should you decide to come back to South Beach.

Warm regards,

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was very surprised by the negative reviews on this hotel. From my experience, I can't understand how they got that impression, but every circumstance is different. Our stay was part of a romantic getaway, and we both loved it!

We got the hotel at a discounted rate on another travel website, but were nevertheless treated like gold upon arrival. They gave us an amazing room with a King Bed and a partial Ocean view, and even allowed for a late checkout.

The main lobby is so cool and relaxing. Wide open and beautiful white curtains and candles. The attention to detail is just wonderful. They have potted plantes and tropical gardens throughout, which add such a nice touch. It is a perfect mix of nature and hip contemporary styling. There is no shortage of bars and two, if not three restaurants on site. Had an amazing breafkast at AGO restaurant. The service was very good and personable. I was constantly waiting to be disappointed based on past reviews here, but instead kept finding myself relaxed and pampered. They also play music throughout the place, which gives it such a great vibe.

Just outside the Nobu Tower (and Ago Restaurant) there is a very european style courtyard with trees, plants, and sofas, all lit up by candles at night. This was the most romantic area of the hotel and a perfect place to unwind and have a drink.

The pool area is so much fun. Definitely not for everyone's taste, but if you're young or young at heart and like hip club music playing by the pool and big comfy mattresses and waited service, then this is your place. I checked out the Delano as well (their sister hotel) and the Shore Club is definitely more happening and intended for a younger crowd. Delano is a bit more "upscale" and a bit quieter, whereas the Shore Club at 3 DJ's going at it by the pool and gave you the feeling you were part of a very fun pool party. And the best thing is that if you don't like that scene, they have another pool and jacuzzi in the back, near the beach entrance, where you can relax and be away from the "party" atmosphere. And if that's not enough, just walk another 100 feet and you're at the Ocean Edge where they set you up with comfy beach chairs and towels, with waited service.

We were in the Nobu Tower, and the room was very cool. Mostly white, but the bed and pillows were so comfortable. I slept very soundly. Very comfortable bed! The shower was also very cool, a large glass wall with stone tile and a chair inside the shower. The bath products were all upscale and plenty of towels, robes, etc. You can even purchase a variety of things within the room if you want.

The Hotel also turns into a nightclub at night (Skybar) which was more happening than many of the bars on Ocean Drive. I can understand why this might not be for everyonet's taste, especially if you prefer classical music and more conservative decor, but if you're young or young at heart and coming to Miami and looking for a lively, hip, stylish experience then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear xtos,

Thanks so much for your excellent and complete review! I’m very glad you got to enjoy every aspect of our hotel…from the rooms, to the pool, restaurant, and bars!

Thanks for appreciating the efforts we’ve made to provide our guests with the chicest and most fun ambiance.

I hope you come back soon to Miami Beach to where I hope becomes your favorite place in town!

Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

While this hotel has a well trained staff it really is not anything special, at all. The rooms are almost depressing in their stark-ness ( as well as the lobby-which looks like they are hosting a trade show with covered booths) and none of the finishes are of high quality, as well they don't seem to be well maintained for a hotel at this price point. Forget about the pool area, as it has all the charm of a high school kegger. Worth noting that this place blasts terrible music from it's first floor club on weekends. It is very obvious that someone bought a run down hotel a few years back and spent the least possible amount of money turning it into the Shore Club. For the price, do your homework and you might be happier.

Dear masviajesmexico,

I’m sorry to read Shore Club was not your style of hotel. Just like every other property from Morgans Hotel Group, Shore Club was designed with a unique, young, and exclusive concept. The pool area and Sky Bar, inspired by the rich intense Matisse-inspired colors of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, transforms in the evening into an indoor and outdoor lounge. I’m sorry if the music disturbed your rest, our guests’ comfort is our priority and had we known, we would have done our best to minimize your inconvenience. We’d love to welcome you back – let me know and I’ll make sure you have a great stay next time.

Regards,

sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Have stayed at many hotels on Miami Beach over the years, but this was my worst experience! It was expensive, in need of an update, rooms were not maintained, noisy with concrete floor (every morning the maid walked through the hallway with a noisy cart or dragging laundry on the floor from one end to the other that woke everyone up), the valet costed a fortune, charged for internet access. We had a late flight and needed to use the shower, having stayed at the hotel for 4 days they even charged us 10 USD each for showering! On both mine and my colleague´s bill they added costs for the mini bar, which we had not opened. Unfriendly staff in general, pool staff in particular. Had to move from one spot to another due to a bigger group (were told I couldn´t use that sunbed being alone.... Do not got to that hotel, chose another, there are so many!

Dear swedeSweden,

I am so sorry you didn’t have a good experience while staying at Shore Club. There are certainly challenges with having Mexican sandstone in our guest rooms and we are looking into options on how we can provide a quieter experience to our guests. Depending on availability, we offer late check outs to those guests who have late flights, I’m sorry this couldn’t be accommodated during your stay.

I wish you would give us another opportunity to fall in love with our property. Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to come back and I will do everything I can to make sure your stay goes perfectly.

London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

This hotel had a great ambience, and was really trendy, but that was about 5 years ago. Now it just looks like an office block, the white drapy thing has seen its time gone, and this hotels needs an urgent reinvention. Only acceptable if you get a very cheap rate, but even then you will end up paying heavily for all the extras. No water in the room apart from 50cl bottles in the minibar ($8) and 75cl bottles on the side ($11), which for a "luxury" hotel is simply not acceptable.

Dear regular-hotel-user,

Thanks for your review. I’m sorry you felt Shore Club needs a reinvention design-wise. The property has a very unique design where you decompress from the outside clutter and you lose yourself through the lobby’s white drapes and then relax in the Moroccan inspired garden and pool area.

Give us another opportunity to visit our property and experience South Beach in Shore Club’s style, so that we can change your mind.

Jennifer.espinoza@morganshotelgroup.com

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!