...or at least that is what the servers think they are given their aloof and indifferent attitudes. While I have several issues to pick on here, I will start with the positives: 1)the pool is pretty cool, 2)it is definitely a fun scene to be a part of and 3)Nobu is excellent, the pool grill is pretty good, and ONE server, Allison, was very nice, bubbly, and attentive.
now the negatives-
1. Most servers ignore you as your drink orders interrupt their flirting schedule. This was best exemplified by FOUR servers refusing to take my plate from my poolside lounge as flies began to collect on it over a 20 minute period. I eventually bussed my own tray.
2. The 18%+ gratuity that is tacked on right away serves to sap the motivation of most of the employees. Or, pehaps the servers are trying to save you money by bringing you $14 poolside drinks as slow as possible.
3. In my room, the tv did not work, housekeeping didn't come one of the days, even when requested, and the cement floors allowed me to hear in high fidelity the snarls and wails of an hour-long catfight between two fellow guests next door.
4. The staff never apologizes for making mistakes. I guess they figure you should be honored enough for them to even talk to you.
5. The pool water was filthy, but nobody did anything about it. The pool attendants said "yeah, the water's very cloudy, there was a party here last night." Is expecting a clean pool snooty?
5. SKY BAR has no bathrooms, and if you leave, you have to get back on line and prostrate yourself before the all empowered doorman to re-enter, even if you have purchased a table. Even the bouncers admitted this policy was outrageous but couldnt do anything about it. In true Shore Club style, Sky Bar should charge a re-entry fee, an 18% gratuity on the re-entry, a $50 fee for bothering the door man, and another $50 for every serving of attitude you require. If I sound bitter I am. Stay at the Delano or the Loews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami