I stayed at the Shore Club for 4 nights in May for a conference. I don't think I have ever been treated so shabbily by a hotel - certainly not one where my company was spending thousands of dollars for a conference.
The staff is pretentious and disorganized. When I checked in, they gave me a room across from the elevator and next to an air shaft that was literally shaking the room. I forced them to move me to another room (explained I am 5+ months pregnant and need my sleep), though they were rude about it.
They proceeded, over the next four days, to:
- have someone from housekeeping barge into my room without knocking to check on the minibar in the middle of the day, after housekeeping had already made up the room
- misplace something that was left at the front desk for me, and were only able to find it after I insisted the person who had left it told me explicitly it was at the front desk
- not have a room service menu in the room, then take 30 minutes to deliver one to my room (after questioning whether or not I really already had one)
- lock me out of my room twice when my key card randomly stopped working, which would not be a big deal were I not a 5 minute walk from the lobby
- wake me up at 6am when someone was doing maintenance in the airshaft outside my hotel room. Despite my 3 phone calls, they did not stop
- get the time of my wake up call wrong
Not to mention that the standard rooms are far from luxurious:
- no carpeting, so the floor always has a film of dirt
- no desk to speak of - they make it clear that there is high speed access, but the desk is barely large enough to fit a laptop on
- shower door not aligned right, so bathroom flooded every time I used it
- no place to sit other than uncomfortable desk chair or bed
- no carpeting in hallways means you hear every sound from every guest that walks by
The only things to recommend this atrocious hotel are the pool area, which is lovely, and the beach access, and the night life (though I have not seen much evidence that the place really gets hopping).
Any one or two of these problems would not be an issue, but for a supposedly top notch hotel, with a super-cool reputation, and premium prices, I guess I expected service. The service was not even 3-star level.
I cannot count the number of times I literally said, "I hate this hotel" - which I cannot recall ever saying about any hotel, and I travel quite frequently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami