“Dirty and dated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Newport, Rhode Island
“Dirty and dated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is situated in the middle of all the action--thus the high price for rooms. I would rather stay at a clean hotel and drive to the beach. This hotel is dated and in serious need of renovations. It is a huge party atmosphere -move on to someplace else if that's not what your looking for. Parking-like all the hotels in this area--is a serious headache. They have 2 pools but both are always crowded and like the rooms, very dirty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear "NWC07'',

I am so sorry you felt this way about Shore Club... We will be doing some renovations here in the near future!

Kind Regards,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just wanted to say, I had a wonderful stay at this stylish hotel. The vibe there was very chill w/ a smile. The staff were great and very helpful when I was clueless on where to go and what to do while in sobe (It was my first time out there and I loved it). The location of the hotel couldn't of been any better; it is right off Collins avenue with access to the beach right behind the hotel pool. I will definitely look into coming back soon when I can. Visiting solo or not, you can't go wrong with the Shore Club.

P.s. Sunday brunch, at the hotel on the patio overlooking the pool 8/3/14. I so should of said hello after the smile back from the girl who sat alone for a bit, till her girl friends or clients arrived. (She was holding a bottle and wearing cap w/ No. 5 on it.) She was cute. ;)

Stayed August 2014
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dearest "David G,"

We will always be your home away from home :)

san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great location, helpful staff, beautiful pool area that has plenty of shade if you want it. Easy beach club access. Hard to beat for the price. Keston at the concierge desk was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dearest "tbone6,"

Thanks for the sweet feedback especially about our darling Keston! Come back to us asap!

Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Heading back down for my countless trips to this great deco hotel.
The beds are crisp and clean and white.. So comfortable.
The staff makes u feel like its home. Great restaurants in the hotel and out.
Shopping is amazing in South Beach. Love the vibe and the staff at the hotel.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Any room has a great view of the ocean or city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dearest "Melody2014,"

Hello honey... you know you are totally the Queen of Shore Club! We LOVE having you here and you are a huge part of the Shore Club family. I especially love seeing you... you always brighten up my day! Can't wait to see you next time doll. xoxo

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here on my last night of Miami Fashion Week. I booked with a fantastic rate thanks to Jetsetter http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/mariana.l.weinsteinnNWHrUOizFPpeSET Otherwise I would not have been able to afford this place.
It was my birthday, but unfortunately, I ended up here alone due my Husband's last minute business trip and family member's emergency surgery.
The friendly staff made up for it, they were also very helpful. Room service was delicious as was their Italian restaurant. I have been a fan of their spa for the past few years. This hotel has one of my favorite pools, it is huge, with a smaller jacuzzi and pool in the back if you are shy.
If you are here for the nightlife, their pool lounges and red room club are one of the most popular in the area. Even when I haven't stayed here for fashion week, I end up here to party or relax.
The room itself was very comfortable. I love the bath products. The giant tub was a treat.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor if you hate nightlife noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dearest "MsFabulousNY,"

Well bless your lil fabulous heart! We have to say that you were such a delight to have in our hotel.... Come back and see us again soon. We are already missing you! xo

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We booked my birthday trip at the ShoreClub during the end of July and stayed for 6 nights in Bungalow 8. The service we received during our stay was exceptional. Rio & Keston the two gentlemen at the concierge desk were extremely helpful,entertaining, and warm, and even booked or suggested nightlife activities, places to have meals, and day excursions that we thoroughly enjoyed. Having our entry gate conveniently right across from the main pool we often visited the bar staff always who always made fantastic drinks and were very pleased to do so. Gen was also one of the many who took great care of us, for example, as decoration there are large candle lit lanterns set around our private backyard/pool and even hanging from trees that he would come light every night at the same time for us, even bringing extra ice, even if we didn't need it. The Nubu Japanese restaurant on this property is phenomenal, and without surprise, so is the waitstaff. On behalf of Mr. and Mrs. Foran we highly recommenced this hotel because after-all, the people make the trip memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Raycheal89,"

Wow thanks sweetheart! Happy (belated) Birthday! The Beach House is the best place to stay for a birthday celebration! We are so happy you had such a great time... hurry back and see us!

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at the Shore Club last week, my girlfriend and I went there to celebrate my birthday. My first impression of the hotel was that it was cute but a little worn and in a need of a makeover. I like the modern and minimalistic look but this hotel looks a bit outdated. The pictures on their website definitely looked better than what the hotel really looks like.

Check in was quick but the girls at the front were not that friendly. My girlfriend mentioned it was my birthday and asked if there is a possibility of an upgrade (we already had an ocean view room) we were told they were at full capacity because of swimsuit fashion weekend there was nothing they could do for us. The hotel did nothing special for my birthday, even when we asked the girl at the reception if she could recommend a good place to go out to that night to celebrate, she said she didn’t know. It felt like we were bothering her with our questions.

The room was ok, it was very simple, beds were very comfortable, the mini fridge was not very cold. We called the front desk because there were no glasses in the room and we wanted to have some champagne or wine while getting ready to go out. After 20 minutes we called again to order some room service and they gave us attitude that they were just in our room few minutes ago. I thought that was funny, we are paying for the room service right ?!! I just think this place needs to re-train some of their employees because some have attitude and poor customer service. Not all are bad, the waitress at the pool is fantastic, very attentive, fast and extremely friendly. We loved her. The concierge desk was great too. Thank you Ken for your recommendations and getting us into clubs. He was very informative and really friendly, we had the best of time thanks to him.

On our first night we went out clubbing and had a great time, I was exhausted when we got back and apparently snored. My girlfriend couldn’t sleep and went to front desk at 5am and got another room instead of waking me up lol. She got a room that she used for 4 hours to sleep and was charged over $500.00 which I thought that was insane and weren't they at full capacity? It was ridiculous, she asked for a discount and all they gave her was $100 off, we were not impressed.

The room was decent, but it was not cleaned daily like everywhere else you go. Our beds were made but the dirty glasses and garbage was not taken out. We had no toilet paper on our third day so when I woke up in the morning to use the bathroom I had to go downstairs and use the bathroom near the lobby, again not impressed. We had to get our own towels from the hallway closet because they were not changed either. I just think these are basic necessities and it was annoying to not have them.

What I did love about the hotel is the location, you basically can walk everywhere. It is close to everything. The pool area is really cool, great music and they do have great service there. The beach is nice too, beds are comfortable and yes you do have to pay for the umbrella but that is normal.

Overall I still had a great time and would recommend this hotel but only if you got a deal, its not worth paying regular price. Service is not consistent it’s a hit or miss depending on the person, we definitely got better service going to other hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dearest "Patricia G,"

Thank you for your honest review and I am truly sorry that you didn't have a 5 star experience at Shore Club. When you stayed here, it was at a time when we were completely sold out so there were no upgrades available. Upgrades are all based on availability and because of the Miami Swim Week, we were not able to accommodate your request... Your friend did come to us for another room because you were snoring and since we do not charge rooms by the hour, we had to charge her full price for a room. As courtesy we then did discount it for her. I'm sorry you felt it wasn't enough. But I'm glad you did enjoy the location and pool.

Kind Regards,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!