“Great pool & beach, shame about the rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #39 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
London
“Great pool & beach, shame about the rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Shore Club is well placed, has an excellent pool & beach and the restaurants and bars were good (though we didn't eat in the hotel much). However it is let down by its rooms which are small and basic - not good value for the price they charge IMO.
Also no hot drink making facilities in the room - almost unheard of in this day and age.

• Liked — Pool and beach
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I will admit, I was afraid to check into the Shore Club after reading the reviews here however I was more than surpised when we arrived. The bellhops were quick and courteous, the front desk was more than hospitable and accomodating, and our first room was super clean. When my boyfriend and I asked if there were any options to upgrade our room, the front desk was able to get us a larger ocean view room with a balcony which was also extremely clean, and we were able to change rooms in a matter of minutes. The pool scene was great. Cocktail waitresses were quick and extremely friendly. The food at Ago was amazing , the Skybar was super fun, and overall my boyfriend and I had an amazing time. I will suggest however, if you are over 35 and want super quiet relaxation, stay at the Delano. The Shore Club is mean to be a fun pool party hotel for younger guests. We have stayed at both and when we want to go to Miami to party and play we will definitely stay at the Shore Club. When we want peace and quiet we will stay at the Delano. I want to thank everyone at the Shore Club for making our long weekend amazing!

• Liked — pool scene, restaurants, atmosphere, beach
  • Disliked — lounge chairs at pool fill up quickly
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

I try to frequent South Beach as often as I can, usually staying with friends who live in the area. I came with two friends this trip and decided to book a room at The Shore Club.
I was a little worried because I read some of the reviews. The staff was very efficient and our room was clean, and the bathroom was bigger than i expected. The doormen were pretty hysterical and a great sport when two of us walked in early morning still in our stilettos etc.! The security at the pool is great. If it weren't there you'd be out of luck to find a place to lounge! And if you forget to pack enough sexy dresses or a pair of earrings there is a great little store downstairs for you to grab it and go! The location is great to, walking distance from mynt and set, two really cute hot spots.

I'm planning a trip with my three best girlfriends before I get married and I'm going to consider staying here again!
Hopefully it will be another good experience, it'll save me time from hotel searching every time I run away to SoBe.

• Liked — Pool, Location, Crowd, Nobu ♥
  • Disliked — small closets!
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

Maintenance of the hotel needs to be attended to. Hotel is very run down - both the rooms and public areas.
Rooms have papethin walls/doors making them very noisy and look nothing like the photos on the hotel website!
Bar not very friendly/inviting. Will not be staying here again.
Very overpriced for quality/condition of hotel - not the "party-hotel"
I was hoping for.
Don't forget to add in $42 per night for valet parking!

• Liked — Check out!
  • Disliked — Quality of rooms and public areas
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
washington dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

We had a terrible stay here:

1) After paying $300/night, we could not get a seat at the pool. The pool staff put our names on a 'wait list' and told us they would call us as soon as seats where available. They never called.
2) We went to the beach instead, and were told we had to pay to use the lounge chairs. Which is really quite ridiculous, we had to pay to use their chairs at our own hotel?!?!
3) The rooms are small with cheap furnishings. One expects more for the premium price.
4) There were errors on our bill when checking out which took 20 minutes to fix

We are both 31 and wanted to stay at a place with a good scene, which is why we picked Shore Club. I'd heard the pool scene is really fun, unfortunately we never got to experience it! I expected a lot more for what we paid. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to friends.

I find it interesting that the manager responds to a lot of posts on TripAdvisor but never offers to address customer service issues beyond an online apology. If the hotel really cares about customer service, they should put some skin in the game.

Stayed September 2008
Hoboken, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

Overall, the Shore Club was not what we expected. Luckily, we got a lot rate for the hotel, under $300 a night. I wouldn't recommend paying a dime more because it really isn't worth it. I went with a group of friends/couples are we are all in our early 30's and have lived in Miami and even for us it was too much of a "scene" and not relaxing at all. See below.

1. It was extremely noisy from both furniture moving in the room above us to the constant in and out of people on the elevator outside of my room (690)
2. Room service woke us up the last day we were there but we didn't order room service and I told them that through the door and they kept knocking so I had to open the door to tell them
3. There were 2 open seats at the pool that were clearly not used at all and the pool staff told me & my husband that we couldn't sit there because they were "holding them" for someone. I had friends also staying at the hotel in two other rooms, who had been at the pool all morning and they said no one had even come to the 2 seats in question all morning prior to my arrival. I had to argue with the staff and eventually told them I was taking the seat and they were very rude to me. Of course, no one ever showed up for the seats they were "holding" for someone. Ridiculous. Also, when we tried to order drinks at the pool, it was really had to track down a server. In order to close out at the end of the day, I had to go to the bar myself because we couldnt even find a pool server.
4. The waitress we had at Ago was not very helpful (borderline rude) to our group even though we were purchasing several drinks, but she was extremely friendly to a man she knew by name who was sitting by himself behind our table.
5. We got lost on the way to finding our room after we checked in. We stopped and asked an employee for help and he sent us to the wrong building. Eventually we found it on our own. By the way, several people told me they had this same experience.
6. Our elevator is in a building with the club in it. I think is is extremely unsafe that there is no security guard posted by the elevator at night or there isn't a key system for the elevator. I had friends walk me to the elevator Friday night because I was afraid someone might follow me up to the room. They have a lot of staff monitoring the pool--you need to show your room key to get in--but not a lot of security for hotel guests and not a lot of employees accessible when you need help.
7. the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Also, seemed strange that there is no top sheet, only a duvet.
Overall, I was completely not satisfied with the unattentive staff and rude staff. There was one person who was an exception and it was the bellhop who brought us to the room. It was a young man, who was very knowledgeable about the property.

• Liked — On the beach
  • Disliked — Rude staff and hard to find a seat at the pool. Too much of a scene
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I admit - I was somewhat worried about booking at this hotel after reading the reviews here. But I found the bad reviews of this hotel completely unfounded. I stayed at The Shore Club with an old college buddy as part of a guys getaway weekend. Check in was easy and fast, and the hotel receptionist was very nice. We made up to the room and it was very clean. There is not much space to put your clothes up, but I only went for 3 days so I kept my clothes in my suitcase. There was some closet space to hang collared shirts and jeans/pants. The room came with a flat screen TV (about 28-30 inches) and had 2 queen double beds. The best part of the rooms were the beds, they were VERY comfortable! The room was supposed to come with a radio/CD player and when we got to the room there was no radio. I called down to the front desk and requested a radio/CD player, and it arrived in about 15 minutes.

The bathroom was very roomy and the shower/tub area was awesome. The shower was huge and you could fit about 4 people in there if you so wanted. The room was very quiet at night. I read many reviews about how noisy the hotel was at night. Of course we were out until 4 am anyways so by then the hotel seemed to be pretty calm by this time.

The best part about this hotel was the Nobu/Skybar/Pool area. The pool was awesome, with beautiful women everywhere. I also liked the fact that you had to have your hotel issued card with you to be bale to get in the pool area. This keeps people who are not guests from entering the pool area. The Skybar was cool - but be forewarned - drinks are very expensive. But you can always buy liquor at the liquor store down the street and make your drinks in the room and take them down to Skybar. I read many reviews by people complaining about the prices of drinks/food. Don't forget it's Southbeach, and remember there are always ways to save money if you are smart enough. We had a couple of drinks at Nobu and we were blown away by the number of beautiful women in this establishment. It was amazing.

Bottom line if you are young, single, or married on guys/girls getaway, this hotel is a great choice. I can't say for sure I would stay here again, but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Can't pick one thing - I liked it all
  • Disliked — Had to pay to use internet in business center
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!