“Ambiance, super! Rooms, basic & tiny.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. John, Virgin Islands
“Ambiance, super! Rooms, basic & tiny.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stay often in So Beach & love all these deco hotels. Spent a lot $$$ for 4 nights at Shore Club & disappointed with tiny little room. Cement floors, one chair, shower w/ not even a shelf for shampoo. But bed was great & service excellent. The outdoor areas by the pools are fun & very SoBe. Nobu & Terraza restaurants expensive but worth it.
Next time would not spend so much for so little space that is so plain & basic, felt like a dorm cell.

Stayed July 2014
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dearest "Sstj,"

We do have larger category rooms available so please book or request one the next time you stay with us!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

So I have stayed here a couple of times and it's still cool.

Some people say it's looking a bit tired round the edges, and last time I would have agreed but they seem to have taken the everyday upkeep...well up a notch.

The service is good with just enough of a dash of nonchalant to keep it 'cool'.

There are a few things they could do to give it a fuller refresh but to be honest, it all adds to the beach like feel.

Would still recommend it ;0)

• Stayed July 2014
Dearest "Philip J,"

We appreciate your review and thank you for recommending us! Cheers!

Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Super fun hotel, in front of the beach, good location, nice parties, good service, nice amenities, good price x good experience! Bathroom is big and clean. The service outside in front of the beach is great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dearest "Aliladi,"

Love your review.... its quick and to the point! Thank you dear

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This seems like a 3 star hotel charging like a five star. The service is slow and uncaring. When I arrived I had to search out people to park my car and then told me it would cost $45 overnight ! I was tired arriving late and ordered room service. The hamburger arrived with no tomato or lettuce . The mustard was already opened by another guest so disgusting.
Next day on the beach I waited over an hour for some lunch, the whole place seems like a chaotic establishment with poor service. I recommend you find somehwere else to stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear "Markiemarc2903,"

This review really upsets me and I'm so sorry about all the inconveniences you experienced... please reach out to me at dj.hicks@mhgc.com so I can look further into your reservation

Kind Regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Me and my wife - no kids and in our thirties have been staying at this hotel all weak and it's amazing! The hotel is very stylish and hip with a personal touch. It feels like a second home.
We've been taen very good care of in the time we were here. Wether it was laying around the amazing pool while enjoying the party vibe or getting recommendations and help from the concierge - this hotel is THE place to stay.
The breakfast at the Terazzo restaurant is very good - don't miss it!
We absolutely love this hotel and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dearest "KimGV,"

Yay this is such a lovely review... You are so kind to say that we are your second home :) We love you too! xo

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great location with direct beach access. This is a beautifully landscaped hotel with a lush interior courtyard. We stayed in a Deluxe King balcony with a courtyard view. I would have felt claustrophobic had we not had the balcony...so at a minimum make sure you have a balcony if you're in one of the smaller, lower-priced rooms. We didn't get as much sunlight because we were overlooking the courtyard (which in truth was looking at some roofs as well, and not much foliage--but it wasn't an eyesore, either). I was very impressed with the generously sized bathroom. The pool area was gorgeous--the clientele in the main pool on a Saturday afternoon were a tad reminiscent of the the cast of Jersey Shore, but this being my first trip to South Beach, I"m not sure if that's par for the course or not. There is a quieter pool if party central isn't your scene, but in my opinion, the private access beach is the way to go--after all, you can have a pool anywhere. Food/drink service on the beach is a little slow only because the hard-working servers have to walk from the beach back to the hotel, plus I think they should have a few more servers working the beach. They definitely would have made more money because people were interested in placing orders. The vodka lemonade pitcher with fresh fruit was wonderful. For those of you who watch your wallet, however, be aware that drinks cost a pretty penny--I did a bit of a double take when I ordered my first poolside vodka soda for $20. South Beach is just expensive--not a place you can do on a budget, but my short stay left me wanting more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dearest "aspiringtraveler2013,"

We are so happy you loved the spacious bathrooms, private beach access, and our super yummy vodka lemonades! Thank you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've traveled pretty much all over the world, and stayed in some of the best hotels all over. The Shore Club is one of the few hotels that I have encountered that the whole staff, including the cleaning crew, have had the Best attitude, smiles for days, and really caring actions toward their patrons, that I have ever seen. The first day there, one of the managers could be heard saying to everyone, keep a positive attitude and a smile! Never heard that one coming. We had room service which was excellent and reasonable, but the best was when the staff member offered to bring my kids milk and cookies, at no charge. This was going to be my hotel every time I set foot in Miami Beach! Great staff, great service, great value. A great time for us all. The pool and the beach near by was outstanding, with everyone helping when you needed them. This was a great time.

Stayed July 2014
Dearest "Barry MW,"

Thank you honey for this amazing review about Shore Club!! What great feedback about our staff having the best attitude and always smiling :) That is so true! We do have a great team here. So happy the kids loved the complimentary milk and cookies! Can't wait to have your family back again....

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!