Overall, the Shore Club was not what we expected. Luckily, we got a lot rate for the hotel, under $300 a night. I wouldn't recommend paying a dime more because it really isn't worth it. I went with a group of friends/couples are we are all in our early 30's and have lived in Miami and even for us it was too much of a "scene" and not relaxing at all. See below.
1. It was extremely noisy from both furniture moving in the room above us to the constant in and out of people on the elevator outside of my room (690)
2. Room service woke us up the last day we were there but we didn't order room service and I told them that through the door and they kept knocking so I had to open the door to tell them
3. There were 2 open seats at the pool that were clearly not used at all and the pool staff told me & my husband that we couldn't sit there because they were "holding them" for someone. I had friends also staying at the hotel in two other rooms, who had been at the pool all morning and they said no one had even come to the 2 seats in question all morning prior to my arrival. I had to argue with the staff and eventually told them I was taking the seat and they were very rude to me. Of course, no one ever showed up for the seats they were "holding" for someone. Ridiculous. Also, when we tried to order drinks at the pool, it was really had to track down a server. In order to close out at the end of the day, I had to go to the bar myself because we couldnt even find a pool server.
4. The waitress we had at Ago was not very helpful (borderline rude) to our group even though we were purchasing several drinks, but she was extremely friendly to a man she knew by name who was sitting by himself behind our table.
5. We got lost on the way to finding our room after we checked in. We stopped and asked an employee for help and he sent us to the wrong building. Eventually we found it on our own. By the way, several people told me they had this same experience.
6. Our elevator is in a building with the club in it. I think is is extremely unsafe that there is no security guard posted by the elevator at night or there isn't a key system for the elevator. I had friends walk me to the elevator Friday night because I was afraid someone might follow me up to the room. They have a lot of staff monitoring the pool--you need to show your room key to get in--but not a lot of security for hotel guests and not a lot of employees accessible when you need help.
7. the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Also, seemed strange that there is no top sheet, only a duvet.
Overall, I was completely not satisfied with the unattentive staff and rude staff. There was one person who was an exception and it was the bellhop who brought us to the room. It was a young man, who was very knowledgeable about the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami