“Shore Club is Awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Shore Club is Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I admit - I was somewhat worried about booking at this hotel after reading the reviews here. But I found the bad reviews of this hotel completely unfounded. I stayed at The Shore Club with an old college buddy as part of a guys getaway weekend. Check in was easy and fast, and the hotel receptionist was very nice. We made up to the room and it was very clean. There is not much space to put your clothes up, but I only went for 3 days so I kept my clothes in my suitcase. There was some closet space to hang collared shirts and jeans/pants. The room came with a flat screen TV (about 28-30 inches) and had 2 queen double beds. The best part of the rooms were the beds, they were VERY comfortable! The room was supposed to come with a radio/CD player and when we got to the room there was no radio. I called down to the front desk and requested a radio/CD player, and it arrived in about 15 minutes.

The bathroom was very roomy and the shower/tub area was awesome. The shower was huge and you could fit about 4 people in there if you so wanted. The room was very quiet at night. I read many reviews about how noisy the hotel was at night. Of course we were out until 4 am anyways so by then the hotel seemed to be pretty calm by this time.

The best part about this hotel was the Nobu/Skybar/Pool area. The pool was awesome, with beautiful women everywhere. I also liked the fact that you had to have your hotel issued card with you to be bale to get in the pool area. This keeps people who are not guests from entering the pool area. The Skybar was cool - but be forewarned - drinks are very expensive. But you can always buy liquor at the liquor store down the street and make your drinks in the room and take them down to Skybar. I read many reviews by people complaining about the prices of drinks/food. Don't forget it's Southbeach, and remember there are always ways to save money if you are smart enough. We had a couple of drinks at Nobu and we were blown away by the number of beautiful women in this establishment. It was amazing.

Bottom line if you are young, single, or married on guys/girls getaway, this hotel is a great choice. I can't say for sure I would stay here again, but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Can't pick one thing - I liked it all
  • Disliked — Had to pay to use internet in business center
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

This place is the proverbial king's suit of clothes for hotels. The rooms are spartan and minimalist: a cross between a sanitarium and a college dorm. No carpeting. The only color comes from the (cheap) lampshades. The desk and chair are what you would buy for your pre-schooler so that she could color.
Maybe I'm too old (40's) to appreciate what Morgans Hotel Group is trying to achieve with hipness, but this hotel is definitely not worth the price.

• Liked — Public space
  • Disliked — Spartan guest rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
VanesssNYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

We stayed at the Shore Club since we found great rates online and was at one point a fabulous hotel to stay at. Boy were we wrong! What was once a gorgeous fun hot spot is now a dingy, grimey run down hotel. The room was dirty (empty water bottles, rusty nail on the floor, dust balls all over) and TV, phone and internet connection didn't work. We had to make several service calls to have it repaired. Pool is a scene on the weekends, which can be fun. But if you're not interested in a pool party, head to the beach which is quieter, cleaner and better food/beverage service. The pool was crowded, difficult to get chairs and very buggy (especially after the rain). The cushions and lounge chairs are soooo dirty (since the pool is also a hot spot at night- Sky Bar) and actually kind of scary looking duing the day (at night the pool area looks gorgeous). But then again, everything looks better at night. After years of partying up in this hotel, you can see it finally took it's toll.

Nobu was fabulous! The food was amazing, get there early since they do not take reservations.

Hotel breakfast is gross and their morning buffet is cold. The food was also covered in flies but the waiters and staff did not seem to care.

Front desk didn't offer to comp anything or apologize for any of the issues we experienced during our stay. They just don't seem to care about their service and reputation.

Bottom line, if you're a large group looking for a decent party hotel, this is your place. Otherwise, look elsewhere for cleaner, elegant, posh-like hotels (next door is a much better Setai!).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We booked the Shore Club in Miami beach after hearing that its a great hotel and all kinds of great stuff. So we booked a bungalow for $1,000 per night.
The disaster came right away when we arrived in the hotel.
The room smelled bad, the shower was not working, phones were not working, renting movies on demand was not working...

The worse part comes when we returned on our first day back to our bungalow by finding out dirty linen lying on the floor of the outside area... We checked out right away after talking to the manager who seemed he did not really care...

NEVER GO THERE!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ShoreClubAdmin, Guest Services Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2008
Fridacaine, I apologize that your stay at The Shore Club did not meet your standards of excellence. We were disappointed to here about your experience and have addressed the challenges you experienced. We absolutely do care about all of our guest’s experiences and we truly apologize if we gave the impression otherwise. Customer feedback is the only way we can know about and rectify situations and or inconveniences. We understand that first impressions can be lasting; but hope that we someday have the opportunity to provide you with the level of service you deserve and that The Shore Club is known for.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

We were very nervous about staying at the Shore Club because of the terrible reviews were had read on trip advisor. However, when we arrived we were very pleasantly suprised!

Yes, it's very expensive, yes, the pool is like something out of a hip hop video, yes the rooms could be better and yes it's noisy....but people that stay at the shore club come to party and if you don't want to do that 24-7 then stay at the ritz and pop down to the shore club for a drink instead.

we had a hiliarious time down by the pool playing fake or real and people watching. we also went to nobu for dinner which was fab and our waitress(jeanette!!) provided some great recommendations We would recommend the shore club to party but it's certainly not the sort of place I would take my mum for a relaxing weekend away.

• Liked — the pool scene and dinner at nobu
  • Disliked — it was really loud so we were woken up when the party crowd finally got home
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Duncs88, thank you for taking time out to write a review of your time at the Shore Club. It’s true you never know who you might find lounging next to you at our pool! Glad you enjoyed! Believe it or not sometimes “Mums” have more fun here than their kids! Please feel free to contact me with any concerns next time you visit us in Miami. We look forward to having you back.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

Shore Club has one of the most professional and empathetic staff. I didnt stay here but was booked to stay. It was my birthday and i missed the flight so couldnt reach there. They didnt charge me and were so nice to me throught the process.
They were the only hospitality management company out of all i was dealing with in my travel who from the time i booked the place (i called and spoke with different people) till my whole disastrous episodes of missing the flight etc., gave me a true wow experience. These people really know the meaning of SERVICE. I am willing to suggest this place to any of my friends and colleagues. I am looking forward to staying there soon.

Stayed August 2008
fairhope, alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I was so pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Shore Club after reading the reviews here. I always stay at the Delano which I adore but this was a very pleasant experience.

The room was huge and spotless with very reliable housekeeping and crispy comfortable beds and pillows and a lovely balcony. No ocean view but that kept the room very quiet.

Room service is fantastic! Very prompt and reliable and delicious. As always, Nobu is perfect. Did not have a chance to try Ago but heard great things about it.

Skybar is always lovely.

We were met with nothing but very polite and thoughtful staff and very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vamanos99, thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your recent stay! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you visit again and again. We’re in the process of adding some new menu items to our menus---it is definitely worth a trip back! Please feel free to contact me next time you visit us so I can make your next experience at our hotel even better than the

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!