“Just too cool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Just too cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here a few times and it's cool in every way, location is fabulous with gardens stretching down to the beach beyond the super cool pool. It's a young person's paradise and lively though out. The rooms are a bit too cool, concrete floors giving a masculine feel which is great if you're a fella but quite cold. Nice touches with a Bose sound system and lovely cosmetics. What a playground.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dearest "AJ J,"

Thanks for this great review about how cool Shore Club is... We think you are pretty cool too ;)

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Tifton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Loved the Shore Club from the minute we walked inside the lobby and were greeted by Edwin! ,champagne chilled in room, fantastic beach area, lovely pools with beautiful people having fun and so near to shopping and restaurants! Rio and his concierge staff were so helpful and super connections!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Tiffon Travelers,"

Happy 40th Anniversary!! What an honor to have you spend this special moment at Shore Club! We are so happy you both had a fabulous time. Hope to see you again for your next anniversary! xoxo

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just got back from staying for 4 days at this amazing and chic hotel. Where do i start, well during the music festival this hotel is perfectly located in the heart of south beach. The party is 24/7 and great fun and vibe all round.(Not for famalies I would say unless your liberal...)
The access to beach, the pool party's, music, vibe, crowd and overall uniqueness of this hotel is awesome.
The room are very trendy, and the mini bar and extra features are very chic and special. I didnt have beach views but that didnt matter, as the room was only there to fall into.

Staff were great all round and the food was terrrific.

Can't wait to get back and I'll be there for 2 weeks next year, and the next.

Hope this helps....

Cheers....G

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dearest "Morimagic,"

Well bless your heart!! You are a doll... thanks for this amazing review about Shore Club. Sounds like you had a blast during the Music Festival! Can't wait to see you for 2 weeks next year.... Hurry up and get back here!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is my second time to the shore club.

We just got back from the shore club and I'm missing it already. We went for my cousins stag and I was in contact with Emily, Reo before we came out and I'm sure I drove them both crazy.

Soon as we arrived we was told that Emily had upgraded all our rooms to suits as it was my cousins stag and more then that when we arrived in our rooms there was beers on ice waiting for us, Emily you are a super star Thank you.

Then I went down to the concierge to go over my trip and book clubs pool parties dinners as I had been driving Reo crazy 6month before our trip.
Now there's concierge and there's super cool in the know concierge. It was WMC and spring break so things where expensive and busy. they got us the best prices for beds at pool parties nightclubs, you name it they had the hook up for it. This made my life a hole lot easier.

We had a bed on Sunday at the pool party and it was epic. It was so much better then going out of our hotel for a pool party when we had a great pool music and people. So glad we booked this.

Also food and bars in shore club are always great you can start off here and move on to a club or u can just stay at the sky bar which was always packed with a great crowd.

There's a couple of people I'd like to thank.

Emily for always helping me out with anything that has to do with the Morgans group hotel. You truly are a star.

The manager at the shore club pool parties with the black ray ban wafers who took care of us and gave us the best area by the pool. We was the life of the party and that's thanks to you sir.

Reo for being Reo. Your a breath of fresh air my brother and always smiling positive and keeping everyone happy.

Ken thank you for the hook up for wall at the W. it was a shame we didn't get to see each other much this time but I'm sure il be back to miami soon.

Keston for telling me to not over whelm my self with Miami and go with the flow. Also my 100 phone calls I gave him on our first night. Thank you.

And finally Natalie the girl that was always on call and I bet I drove her crazy with all my questions. She always made sure we left on time so we wouldn't lose our beds/tables at pool parties and went above and beyond to make sure our stay at the shore club was the best it could be. Thank you Nat, you are truly a legend x

There's alot of hotels on Colin's av (south-beach) but none that match up to the shore club staff and great location for quick access everything.

Shore club thank you for a epic trip till the next time. D

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dearest "Dee-LDN,"

Oh my goodness... you are a sweetheat!! WOW... this is the best review and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the great mentions of Emily, Reo, Ken, Keston, and Natalie... they are our superstars! Hope to see you again soon, honey.

Weston, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good location on the beach but not the best hotel. Went for 5 days in April, luckily great weather, cause the room was dated and very small…they tried giving me a double room when I had booked a king room. Booked through Orbitz so got a "deal" and obviously was given one of the rooms for people that got a "deal." Pool is small and a bit of a "scene" although not the same scene that is at Setai or one of the other high end hotels…more Euro wannabe scene.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "Catherine B,"

We appreciate your honest feedback about Shore Club. I'm sorry you felt we are outdated and an "Euro wannabe scene." We have an eclectic group of guests that stay here from all over the world and that is what makes this hotel special and unique. When you do book from Orbitz with the specially discounted rate they provide, the rooms are usually just our standard rooms. We do have bigger rooms available for an additional charge!

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were getting married in Miami and had all of our friends stay at the Shore Club for a few days before the wedding so we could relax by the beach and just have fun. We were looking at staying at a few different properties but went with the Shore Club due to its proximity to the beach and great area by certain restaurants and clubs.

Upon check in, Latoya, Sophia and Drew were all a pleasure to deal with. They made the check in process seamless and you should request them when dealing with anyone at the Shore Club.

Our room, a suite, was on the small side but we had heard that about the Shore Club and fully knew our rooms would be tiny going into it - like I said, we were staying for the location and ambiance of the hotel, not the great rooms. The room was kind of dirty - I think because the floors are concrete, it's really hard for housekeeping to see the amount of dirt on the floor. I only got to experience it because I lost a contact and was crawling around in filth to find it.

We had a lot of fun in this hotel, liked staying by the pool, the beach, the pool area is huge and there are 2 pools to accommodate the guests. They do charge you for chairs at the beach which is a bit weird if you are a hotel guest.

The worst part happened upon our departure. The safe is very high up in the room and I'm only 5'0 tall. We realized as soon as we checked out that I couldn't reach the back of the safe and my fiance's watch was left inside. We immediately started calling the hotel to see if housekeeping had found it or if someone could go in and find it for us. They said they would and call us back. We got no calls from them and the next day continued to call the front desk and security, where they admitted they still had not checked the room nor asked housekeeping. We kept calling and got the same answers from them. They then let someone else check into our room without still checking the room so the watch is either with their employees or with the next guest that checked into the room. I've never seen a nice hotel just not check to see if you left something behind if you call. To compare - the Conrad in Miami called my parents immediately when they found spare chargers in the room when they checked out. Here, we called for days and the Shore Club didn't even check with their housekeeping staff who cleaned the room! Beware.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "His417,"

I sincerely apologize about these issues you experienced during your stay. We in fact do not charge hotel guests for beach chairs though. They are complimentary with your reservation. The only reason they will charge is if you have friends coming over that are not registered to your room that would like a beach chair, then they will be charged an additional fee. If you have only paid for 2 guests on your reservation then you will only get 2 complimentary chairs. If there are 6 of you in the room but you have only registered 2 people in the room, then the other 4 will be charged! Our floors in the room are also not dirty... it is a fancy Mexican sandstone that most people love! In regards to your missing watch, the hotel would never take anyone else's property. Please message me your phone number so I can have the Director of Security reach out to you in regards to this matter! dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

First time in Miami. Location is very good. People really nice and helpful.
Swimming pool and beach facilities are great to relax, The restaurant(s) are a bit expensive but the lounge is the patio is a good alternative before going out.
Be aware that the room (and hotel) style is quite modern and simple, which may be surprising. Colourful patio like Majorelle style.
Good location to have a break ...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dearest "Anuata224,"

Thanks for this great review! Glad you enjoyed yourself! Please come back to see us again soon.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!