“Lovely hotel - but perhaps a bit loud” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely hotel - but perhaps a bit loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We really loved the decor of this hotel - there are lots of lounging areas with brightly colored couches and beds and hammocks. The two pools are quite nice, and the beach chairs are extremely comfy. The rooms are nice too --we booked on Expedia, and were upgraded to an ocean view room with a balcony that had a huge bathroom with bathtub and shower. My one beef is that every day - even Sunday - they start out the morning with some nice, chill music like the Shins by the pool, but by 1pm, they bring in a DJ and it gets LOUD. I understand it's the Miami way, but the music was so loud that it was hard to read by the pool or just chill in the sun. On the Sunday we left, the music seemed louder than usual, and there were people standing in the pool smoking cigarettes and drinking beers. Ok, it's the Miami way, but I'd have preferred no smoking by (or in) the pool and no DJ until 3 or 4. Otherwise, quite nice!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dearest "abs06,"

We appreciate your feedback and thrilled you had a great time! We do have a pool party every Sunday with amazing deejays and the music does get cranked up louder on that day. People from all over come just for our famous Sunday pool party! On that day it is best to lay out by the beach if you are looking for a more chilled vibe...

1,503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Shore Club is part of the Morgans Hotel Group. Very nice. Very trendy. I really liked the location and the property. My favorite night was laying on one of their outdoor beds by the pool and falling asleep at 7pm under the stars.
The two pools are nice as well as the lounging area. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5-star is that the pool closes at 6:30pm. On vacation, in Miami, I gotta say 24-hour pool is a big deal. Many properties offer this.
One of the big pluses is that a chair is included in the property charges. They provide a chair and towels at the beach for free. That was nice. The property is located next to the Setai which is definitely worth a visit. It is 5-star and most likely is SoBe nicest property.
Overall, The Shore Club has a great staff and made my stay very pleasant. Good job.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dearest "Bush242,"

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so happy you loved the outdoor pool beds... they are my favorite too! The reason why the pool is not open 24 hours is to protect the guest's safety!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

As a former resident of South Beach it is nothing new that the Shore Club is one of the premier hotels on the strip. Right from check-in, there was a hiccup. We had reserved 2 rooms with 2 queen beds and a roll-away for 6 big guys. Although we had booked through a 3rd party agency the Shore Club was quick to remedy the situation by accommodating us with 2 rooms equipped with a king bed, a pull out couch and a roll-away with spectacular views and wonderfully clean- everything. I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this is rare. Anywhere else and a few of us would have been sleeping on the floor of the bathroom for sure.

Towards the end of our stay we also had a slight mishap regarding the valet parking. Seems as though another guest had called for my car from another room even though the valet ticket is attached to my room! Since no other guest at the hotel was cruising around in my vehicle we'll just chalk it up to a simple 'whoops' (especially being that the valet is a separate entity from the hotel.) That being said I am a long term Marriott veteran and I have never in all my travels throughout the world experienced such candor and professionalism from the front desk agent and the manager. If you choose to stay at the Shore Club (which I most certainly will be returning to after my recent experience), make it a point to make your arrangements with either Armando Cerda or Jacinta Moran. If it were not for the delightful pool or ambiance of the hotel, these two individuals were the hotel's saving grace in my opinion. I hope to see you both next time I return and I sincerely thank you for making my stay not just exceptional, but outstanding.

Dearest "Jeremy S,"

Armando and Jacinta were both totally flattered by your great comments!! Glad they were able to help out the situation and make your stay outstanding! They both said for me to tell you hey and they can't wait for your return... xoxo

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I think in my years at trip advisor this only my second two dot review for a hotel.

Beautiful ocean view room and location cannot be beat. However:

-We arrived two hours before check in and wanted to use the pool. Since (quite fairly) no rooms were open yet, the only place they had to change was a bathroom off the lobby with a floor covered with water. One would think a hotel charging you $600 a night for a room would have a changing room at the pool.

-would have enjoyed ocean breeze but loud music from pool all the way up to 14 made hard to relax; music went past midnight.

- food service at beach is negligent. After 30 minutes of trying to get service I finally had to go to the burger stand the next beach over to get water

-like the room except concrete tile in bathroom covering floor and half up wall. Felt like a basement. (But just a matter of taste--fixtures and shower and size were excellent)

-bed was great and room spacious.

-room clean except one end of the dresser top was cover with what I can only guess was silicon lube.

-staff very friendly and welcoming.

-room lighting awful. Not very bright and many fixture were those awful bluish Florescent fixtures.

I travel much for business and this clearly a tourist hotel, but given the rates, I expected better. If not given a choice, I could stay here again, but on my next visit to SoBe I plan to try another place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear "O-Excelsior-0,"

We appreciate your feedback and sorry that you had some issues throughout your stay. We have the lobby bathrooms where guests can change clothes and we also have 2 different bathrooms out by both our pools that you have access to before the room is ready. Also we have the spa where guests can change too. We do have louder music on Sundays for the pool party and we are known for our pool scene with the best Miami deejays. The music does go till around 2am on the weekends but this is South Beach and we are known for being a lively and fun hotel! We do apologize for the slow service at the beach... it does take the servers longer to provide food and drinks because they have to walk all the way from the pool bar to pick up orders for the beach guests. The concrete tile is a very popular Mexican Sandstone and we are sorry this was not your type of design. We do have extra lighting that we can provide in the room if the guest requests for it. At least you had good things to say about the location, friendly staff, great bed, and spacious room!

Kind Regards,
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I chose Shore Club to stay with my niece for a girls weekend. We were there to see a Miami Dolphins Game(her 1st in FL) and her 1st time in SoBe,. My husband and myself used to do a lot of traveling and have stayed in South Beach many times, always choosing The Shore Club. I like the convenience of the Skybar lounge/club as well as the beautiful pool and ocean access. The rooms were quite small but we figured that was the "South Beach Way". Well,,,,let me tell you,,,I haven't been there in approx. 6years and when we arrived, to my amazement,,opened the door to a gigantic room with a huge bathroom (tub & spay shower) and a large BALCONY !!! In all my times there, I never even knew these rooms existed! And to top it off....a personalized note to me welcoming me back as a return guest with a chilled bottle of chardonnday and a huge fruit platter. I called for a refrigerator to the room and it came within 15 minutes!

Overall, the staff could not be more accommodating. They forgot a banana one morning that came with my breakfast, so after I called to tell them,,,10 minutes later, the room service manager herself brought it up and with an apology said the entire order would be comped. The pool staff were always patient and quick even when we were undecided and silly. They always took their time with us and always with a smile. That is GOOD SERVICE!!!! Every single employee went above and beyond their way to be courteous and respectful. I would only choose this hotel for my stay in South Beach ALWAYS!!!!!!

Room Tip: I booked a deluxe queen with 2 beds. If you can, try to get a room NOT in the tower section therefor...
Dearest "MIchelle D,"

WOW... this is the best review ever! We are so thrilled to have you back staying with us and have missed you dearly over the past 6 years! Shore Club staff really does know how to go above and beyond. Glad you had a fabulous girls weekend with your niece :) Hope you have a Happy New Year and will come stay with us in 2014! Sending you lots of love from Shore Club... xoxo

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Always a good time at the Shore Club. Great outdoor bar in the back. Fantastic decor in the lobby and good rooms to be had with views of the beach. You can walk to just about anywhere you want to go. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "Marc M,"

Well aren't you just the sweetest! So glad you always have a good time... hurry back and come see us! xo

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

good things:
- friendly staff
- bikes available for daily use (free of charge)
- good Japanese restaurant (Nobu)
- "shower rooms" so one can spend the day at the beach/pool and still shower after check out
- proximity to pharmacies/restaurants

bad things:
- slow service (pool area, restaurant & housekeeping)
- unexperienced staff at concierge
- questionable clientele on the weekends
- overly expensive drinks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Mrpedreira,"

We appreciate your feedback both good and bad. Thanks for the kind comments about the bike rentals, shower rooms, and friendly staff! We are sorry you experienced slow service but I do have to disagree with you about our concierge staff... We have the best in the world! Also our drink prices are in comparison to every other hotel on South Beach.

Kind Regards,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!