“Cool, Fun and Super Comfy!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Cool, Fun and Super Comfy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with areas providing either a chill out or party vibe. Clean, simple decor and great food & service in restaurant. The room was probably a little smaller than we expected from a website photo, however, the bed was amazingly comfortable and the shower was superb. The location is good too as both the Art Deco district and Lincoln pedestrian shopping/eating area are within a 10-15 minute walk. The service from front desk was also great and they were kind enough to let us check out late for no extra charge as we had a late flight, meaning we could still join Sundays pool party for a while before we left. Big thank you also to the excellent cleaners. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dearest "J2tehAHarris,"

Wow.... thank you! Glad you loved the hotel so much especially our wonderful beds and showers! You can't beat our great location too. I'm happy we were able to accommodate you with a complimentary late check out on Sunday to enjoy the pool party! See you again next time...

1,509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The main issue that I have when booking hotels in miami is that all hotels are normally enormous concrete blocks frequented by crowds that are looking for fun and the miami party vibe. I'm more of a small boutique type of person... The shore club was the option (within the price range that I had in mind) that made more sense. It is big,but not enormous, the pool area is very nice and has a friendly vibe and the decor is modern and with an edge. Overall I was pleased with the shore club, however the rooms did not meet my expectations. They are very small, the bathrooms are old and have a very serious design problem... It is impossible to have a shower without flooding the bathroom.
I know there are pool parties on the weekends, but luckily we missed them and the Sunday DJ was very pleasant and the pool was not too crowded.
I would recommend this hotel, but think it could do with some improvements In the rooms and bathrooms.
Very friendly staff, especially the bell boys and concierge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Joana N,"

We are thrilled you enjoyed the cozy and chic boutique-ness of Shore Club! Thanks for the great mention of our friendly bellmen and concierge team.. they are fabulous! Our room and bathrooms are designed with more of a minimalistic feel designed by famous British designer David Chipperfield... it is a clean and sleek design. Hope to see you back again soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here last August and was pretty disappointed. The first room was absurdly small, barely enough room for my suitcase. After complaining they gave me a different room, which wasn't much better. The floors are concrete, the views from the backside of the hotel are underwhelming and the service is subpar. There are far better hotels on the strip. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Mroth14,"

I am heartbroken and sad about this review... I am so sorry that you felt this way about our hotel and if you do choose to ever come back, please email me at dj.hicks@mhgc.com so I will make sure you have a fabulous stay. Our standard rooms are our basic size but we are have larger room categories available for an additional charge. Also the concrete floors are a high-end Mexican sandstone that so many guests adore. We always get so many great review about our service so I am sorry that you felt differently.

Kind Regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

From beginning to end, my week at the Shore Club Hotel was fantastic and everything I was looking for in a South Beach vacation: cool and hip but also tasteful, attentive and relaxing. Comfortable mix of clean Starck simplicityin the rooms and reception with billowing twenty foot long curtains and a colorful playful easy island palette around the pool area.
The reception staff was smlling and welcoming, offering me a magnificent upgrade "just because they could"; the restaurant service was impeccable, never a wait and no request too difficult to satisfy (I am picky with my morning cafe latte and eggs: they were perfect); the beach attendants spared no effort to find me the best chair, to move parasols, always not only with a smile but with unabashed kindness even towards some extremely demanding guests. The room was always clean and I loved the daily-launderd white slip cover on the chaise longue, the turn down service, water bottles and coffee/tea maker in the room always stocked. The morning breakfast was a dream of platters of fresh fruit, fresh juices, freshly baked (real!) pastries and muffins (not that my bathing suit allowed me to taste them). The pool bar was hopping at cocktail hour with great dj-s and a fun crowd. The clientele was mostly young and sweet but a real mix of all ages even a couple of families with small (well behaved) little ones - but I especially appreciated the Shore Club after visiting many of the other it-hotels which seemed to be overrun with a frenzied atmosphere 24/7 that I might enjoy for a couple of hours but would not have been pleasant for me for a longer period.
But best of all was Rio the Concierge and his incredible SMILING, bright eyed, complimenting insightful team: they organised one unforgettable meal after another (the restaurants in South Beach are FANTASTIC - and, as a Montrealer, I am, again, picky) with the best tables at the best places at the perfect times. And when I slept through one of my first reservations (thank you for double-glazed soundproofed windows!) they sent up a complimentary plate of cheeses with a super bottle of red wine. I had landed in heaven.
It is worth springing for at least a partial ocean view - i was on the 18th floor with a balcony that gave me a breathtaking sunset over the ocean as well as the length of the Beach and west to the mainland: a memorable end to each perfect day and begining to wonderful nights.
Sorry, Shore Club, the best of all were my sunrise swims in the ocean - a true connection with nature's rhythm.... but on a perfectly tourist-free stretch of virgin beach which is priceless. Location impeccable: all hotels (except lonely Mondrian), restaurants and magnificent little Bass Museum within easy walking distance and the perfect fifteen-minute jog to Ocean Drive (to Starbucks and Betsy's super cool roof top).
Honesty prevails: only one weird drawback: nowhere but the shower floor to put the soap and shampoo. I can deal with that if it is the only exception to the rule of being perfect hotel. Wouldn't dream of going anywhere else and I want to go back NOW.

Room Tip: Spring at least for the Partial Ocean View or hope for an upgrade if the dates arent too busy: defin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dearest "KaeSue10,"

Well bless your heart! This review is like Heaven to my ears. Your descriptions and literary detailing of Shore Club totally blew me away! This review is on point about everything... How soon can you come back and stay with us??

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We loved the shore club room we stayed in. I think it was room 510. Not totally sure.
We had a balcony with amazing views. The room is all white, it has a good queen bed and a large chaise, Flat screen TV and a nice working desk. The best part is the bathroom: huge! Very modern and nice. The shower/enormous bathtub area were a room inside the bathroom with glass wall and a little window.
The toiletries from Malin and Goetz are so lovely that I plan to buy them regularly now.
We dream of going back to Miami and this hotel as often as possible!
There were several parties on the pool area but closing the balcony doors and the heavy curtains we were safe from any noise! Since being tan or parting in the pool was not our goal, we took midday naps and went to the beach late afternoon. To get to the beach we had to cross the pool area, and that was not the best view since by than was an end of the party mood! We would cross the area, ask for clean towels (there is always clean bright orange/yellow towels available!) and went to the beach thought the little gate. Love the beach, white sand and warm water.
The hotel us very close to Lincoln Road stores and restaurants. Great location.

• Stayed September 2013
Dearest "Nanana,"

Your vacation sounds like my kind of perfect vacation... relaxing while taking midday naps and lathering up with us yummy Malin + Goetz products! Please come back soon!

Stratford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just returned from long weekend with a group and I was at first very impressed with the property and wait staff. Beach was great, pool side service top notch, restaurant wait staff attentive. Well last day and evening there was received an electrical shock while plugging in phone charger. Took four attempts to get any kind of response from front desk, put on hold, was hung up on and overall dismissed. Finally security arrived and paramedics came. Oh the hotel did send fruit up at the end of the day with a note hope you are feeling better and after my husband complained we missed the afternoon pool side with our group we were given a free night when we checked out. What
So overall a great place to let loose but becareful if something happens the front desk has more important things to do than help. We have travelled to many different countries, resorts, and hotels and this is the first time I was truly disappointed with a hotel that had at the start so much going for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear "Amyb603,"

We sincerely apologize about the issue you experienced with the electrical outlet and the delayed response from the front desk. This was not acceptable and we are sorry that this incident happened.

Kind Regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friends and I decided to visit Shore Club one day during fall break. Our friend and her mom were vacationing here and invited us to visit. We were pleasantly surprised by their hospitality. The service was excellent and the Shore Club team treated us as friends instead of customers. We had great conversations with the staff that works here, and they stopped by frequently to assure that our needs were met and that we were having a good time. We ate lunch at the restaurant and the food was delicious! We even went on the jet skis! The pool was also gorgeous--a great place to relax and catch some sun. Shore Club is the perfect place for anybody who's looking for a great vacation, whether it is a family, a group of college kids, or an elderly couple. My friends and I are definitely planning on returning next time we visit South Beach!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dearest "Kelly H,"

Muchos gracias for the sweet comments about our hospitality! Can't wait to see you next time :) Cheers!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!