“Great Upscale Beachfront Location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Great Upscale Beachfront Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here along with tons of colleagues for a company reward trip. We had about 70 rooms rented out. Front desk service was fast & friendly, and we were able to secure an upgraded balcony room w/ ocean view for just $100/night. Decor is white on white in the lobby & guest rooms. Our room was on the 12th floor with a great view of the pools & beach, and it was a decent size. Don't ask for this type of room if you want quiet - it's loud on the weekends w/ a DJ at the pool during the day and tons of people & music from the bar at night. Thursday night seemed to be the big night for Sky Bar - it was dead Fri. & Sat. Service is slow from the cocktail waitresses, but if you go up to the bar, it's much faster. There's full bar service w/ cocktail waitresses & a light menu at the pool every day. Service is generally slow at the pool, but Sarah (looks just like Katie Holmes) is an exception - she was great (and could teach the Sky Bar girls a thing or two). There's plenty of lounging space around the main pool, including some that must be reserved, and the decor is vibrant and fun - pure Miami. Lounge chairs are everywhere, and towels are plentiful. Cocktails are $20 each after the 18% gratuity. The second, smaller pool is less crowded and better for families. There's also a hot tub in this area that comfortably seats about eight people. All pools & hot tub close at sunset (although they can be convinced otherwise if you're nice, not entirely blitzed & spending a lot of money). From the small pool, a gate leads you through to beachfront access with white sand & clear water. You can also get cocktail service at the beach (only ordered beer, not sure about mixed drinks). There are more than enough lounge chairs, umbrellas & towels provided by the hotel. For hotel dining, I didn't try Nobu, the famed sushi restaurant on-site, but it did not get rave reviews from my colleagues. Room service has too few selections for vegetarians & gluten-free diners. I'm certain the kitchen would accommodate special requests if asked, but I didn't ask. A friend caught fresh fish one day on a chartered trip, and the hotel chef prepared us an excellent tuna tartare with it, and served the rest of it seared for a very reasonable fee. Rooms were in mostly good repair (some lose plumbing fixtures), balconies were large, views were great, service was decent (but consistently slow), and everything you could need is on-site. The concierge, Rio, was very helpful & directed us to great dining & shopping. We enjoyed catered events twice, once in the Red Room (cocktails & hors d' oeuvres) and again poolside in the evening. Hotel staff did a good job for both events in terms of service, food quality & presentation, and they were accommodating of my off-menu requests for vegetarian/gluten-free. My only complaint is that for formal dinner service, staff should know to serve from the left & remove from the right. They kept doing it backwards. Overall, this is a great property for beach/pool daytime fun & some evenings have a good night scene. I could easily have spent the whole four days on-site, but I'm glad I went out exploring instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dearest "Lizalot,"

Well thank you so much for posting this amazing review about Shore Club! How sweet of our fabulous chef to whip up the fish you caught into some delicious tuna tartare. Sarah at the pool does resemble Katie Holmes and that is a great compliment :) Her and Reo loved meeting you and your group... come see us again soon!

1,500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had the privilege of staying at the Shore Club this summer and would recommend it to anyone coming to South Beach. The staff was attentive to every request I had and the location cannot be beat. The lobby is sexy and the décor throughout the property is stunning (especially in the evening). It blows my mind that this hotel is not sold out every night!

Room Tip: Booking an Ocean Front room was definitely worth the extra money - the views are beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dearest "HotelGirl811,"

You are such a doll! Hurry back again to hang out in our sexy lobby! Cheers xoxo

Rosario, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We Stayed in this hotel for few days: lovely room, comfortable beds, and excellent service, breakfast at terraza every morning, Thanks to Jose the Server he was a great help and he knew just the things we would like to do and always there for us, fantastic trip, very relaxing, we are planning to come back for another great experience.

Mr & Mrs Golpe

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dearest "Roberto G,"

Thanks for the great compliments about the hotel and the great service... especially from Jose! He is a total superstar!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel, and got 5 star service for well below 5 star prices. I arrived at 6 AM, fully expecting that I would not be able to check in until noon, but they let me check in! It was so nice of the guy at the front desk.

Everywhere we went - pool, restaurants, beach, front desk, the service was wonderful and friendly. While breakfast and drinks at the hotel are expensive, it is south beach, so it's not surprising. And, we got our room for such a great rate, we couldn't complain.

The pool area at this hotel is wonderful, with a nice casual restaurant attached. The beach is very close and also very nice. The location here is great - you can walk to the SLS, the W, and other South Beach hot spots easily.

Only downside was that our room got no cell service at all, so if you wanted to make a call you had to go outside. But besides that it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 108 gets no cell phone service, and the window just looks out onto a concrete wall so even when...
Dearest "Rehana329,"

Well aren't you just a sweetheart! Thank you for these great comments. We love to give all our guests the 5 star treatment. So sorry you had issues about the cell service though. Hope to see you again really soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here with a friend at the beginning of Sep 2013 – we booked the hotel ( the most basic room ) in March through Expedia. When we arrived, very luckily, we were upgraded to an Ocean View room – knowing what I know now – I would pay up for the bigger/better room if I went again.

They have a lovely airy reception and check in process was very quick – within about 3 minutes – after a long flight – much needed !

Room was plenty big enough, good size balcony and spacious bathroom - a huge bath and good powerful shower. Beds are comfy and enough cupboard and draw space for all our stuff. Full mini bar ( only con: expensive even for hotel standards ) and twice daily room service. The air con was pretty good too.

We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel but did have room service for brunch one day - v nice and ate in Nobu on a Saturday night – all very last minute – arranged by hotel front desk. Thanks a lot !

The hotel has a couple of pools we didn’t use but looked ok and it’s RIGHT on the beach - It must be about 100 metres away ! Beds and towels easily available but drinks service on the beach = average – slow and very pricey. The hotel privilege card allows you towels and beds but the parasols are extra.

Ocean drive and shops are all a really short cab ride away or 20 mins stroll. Would recommend walking though, the sights you see are definitely worth it !

I really liked the hotel – it’s cool without losing the comfy aspect that some minimalist hotels tend to do. The staff in general are lovely and helpful and the location is great – you can walk pretty much anywhere. I would like to try another hotel on my next visit but I think for the $ - the room and location will be hard to beat.

Room Tip: pay up for an ocean view as high up as possible
Dearest "Frogmella2,"

Wow!! Thanks for the fabulous feedback especially about our cool & comfy vibe and lovely & helpful staff.... Please come back and stay with us ASAP! Cheers.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was recently at the Shore Club Hotel on 19th street and Collins. I fell in love with the place when I walked in the lobby. Beautiful white curtains hanging from the ceiling was beautiful. I felt like I was walking through clouds. My room was beautiful. All white. I also had a partial view of the ocean on my balcony. Every one was really nice. I was especially impressed with one of the staff who was my waiter at the Terrazza restaurant. His name is Ghani. I had a wonderful conversation with him. Very friendly man and very polite. I recommend everyone to go to the Shore Club hotel.

Beno

Dearest "Beno S,"

So happy you fell in love with Shore Club... we fell in love with you too!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for few days and in general it was very good, The hotel have a perfect location to the beach and shopping area, very nice rooms, and very helpfull staff. I always got breakfast at
Terrazza Restaurant facing the pool and ocean, My server Jose was there every morning, with a big smile and proffesional attention, FOR SURE I'LL BE BACK TO THIS RESORT.

Mr. Cao.

Room Tip: ocean view the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dearest "Fernando C,"

Thanks for these great comments about our location and the fantastic server Jose at Terrazza! He is truly amazing! Can't wait for you to come visit Shore Club again...

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!