“AMAZING RESORT GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #43 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Rosario, Argentina
“AMAZING RESORT GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We Stayed in this hotel for few days: lovely room, comfortable beds, and excellent service, breakfast at terraza every morning, Thanks to Jose the Server he was a great help and he knew just the things we would like to do and always there for us, fantastic trip, very relaxing, we are planning to come back for another great experience.

Mr & Mrs Golpe

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dearest "Roberto G,"

Thanks for the great compliments about the hotel and the great service... especially from Jose! He is a total superstar!

1,534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel, and got 5 star service for well below 5 star prices. I arrived at 6 AM, fully expecting that I would not be able to check in until noon, but they let me check in! It was so nice of the guy at the front desk.

Everywhere we went - pool, restaurants, beach, front desk, the service was wonderful and friendly. While breakfast and drinks at the hotel are expensive, it is south beach, so it's not surprising. And, we got our room for such a great rate, we couldn't complain.

The pool area at this hotel is wonderful, with a nice casual restaurant attached. The beach is very close and also very nice. The location here is great - you can walk to the SLS, the W, and other South Beach hot spots easily.

Only downside was that our room got no cell service at all, so if you wanted to make a call you had to go outside. But besides that it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 108 gets no cell phone service, and the window just looks out onto a concrete wall so even when...
Dearest "Rehana329,"

Well aren't you just a sweetheart! Thank you for these great comments. We love to give all our guests the 5 star treatment. So sorry you had issues about the cell service though. Hope to see you again really soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here with a friend at the beginning of Sep 2013 – we booked the hotel ( the most basic room ) in March through Expedia. When we arrived, very luckily, we were upgraded to an Ocean View room – knowing what I know now – I would pay up for the bigger/better room if I went again.

They have a lovely airy reception and check in process was very quick – within about 3 minutes – after a long flight – much needed !

Room was plenty big enough, good size balcony and spacious bathroom - a huge bath and good powerful shower. Beds are comfy and enough cupboard and draw space for all our stuff. Full mini bar ( only con: expensive even for hotel standards ) and twice daily room service. The air con was pretty good too.

We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel but did have room service for brunch one day - v nice and ate in Nobu on a Saturday night – all very last minute – arranged by hotel front desk. Thanks a lot !

The hotel has a couple of pools we didn’t use but looked ok and it’s RIGHT on the beach - It must be about 100 metres away ! Beds and towels easily available but drinks service on the beach = average – slow and very pricey. The hotel privilege card allows you towels and beds but the parasols are extra.

Ocean drive and shops are all a really short cab ride away or 20 mins stroll. Would recommend walking though, the sights you see are definitely worth it !

I really liked the hotel – it’s cool without losing the comfy aspect that some minimalist hotels tend to do. The staff in general are lovely and helpful and the location is great – you can walk pretty much anywhere. I would like to try another hotel on my next visit but I think for the $ - the room and location will be hard to beat.

Room Tip: pay up for an ocean view as high up as possible
Dearest "Frogmella2,"

Wow!! Thanks for the fabulous feedback especially about our cool & comfy vibe and lovely & helpful staff.... Please come back and stay with us ASAP! Cheers.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was recently at the Shore Club Hotel on 19th street and Collins. I fell in love with the place when I walked in the lobby. Beautiful white curtains hanging from the ceiling was beautiful. I felt like I was walking through clouds. My room was beautiful. All white. I also had a partial view of the ocean on my balcony. Every one was really nice. I was especially impressed with one of the staff who was my waiter at the Terrazza restaurant. His name is Ghani. I had a wonderful conversation with him. Very friendly man and very polite. I recommend everyone to go to the Shore Club hotel.

Beno

Dearest "Beno S,"

So happy you fell in love with Shore Club... we fell in love with you too!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for few days and in general it was very good, The hotel have a perfect location to the beach and shopping area, very nice rooms, and very helpfull staff. I always got breakfast at
Terrazza Restaurant facing the pool and ocean, My server Jose was there every morning, with a big smile and proffesional attention, FOR SURE I'LL BE BACK TO THIS RESORT.

Mr. Cao.

Room Tip: ocean view the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dearest "Fernando C,"

Thanks for these great comments about our location and the fantastic server Jose at Terrazza! He is truly amazing! Can't wait for you to come visit Shore Club again...

Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel on Collins and 19th street is beautiful and modern. The rooms are quite spacious. Unfortunately, it was my friend who was staying and not me. Wish I had booked here too (I was at the National- read that review if u wish to). The reason I decided to write this review is because I was quite impressed with the ambiance and the rooms.

I walk in with my friend to the lobby and see a very miami-esque lounge area with DJ playing music. Walk through the back door and notice a very well put together bar area which leads to a big pool/lounge area. Really nice, quite green and visually pleasing. I wish they could keep the pool open for a couple more hours beyond 8 PM. Rules are rules, I understand. :)

I had a chance to take a look at my friends room on the 19th floor (1962??) and boy was I impressed. It had a mini ocean view. It was quite spacious by collins (art deco area hotel) standards and very chic. The room could have used a bigger tv but who's watching it when u have the beach. "Malin+goetz" products for toiletries? I like it :)

On Sunday, my friend & I went to the "shore pool thing" pool party. Good DJ, decent drinks and decent food. Lots of people were coming in too. You are free to attend the party if you are a guest or a guests + 1. Otherwise, i think, there is a cover charge which i think is totally OK to pay if needed. The waiters (or were they hired models for the party, who cares) were amiable enough and attentive. Totally Fun party.

Here's one thing I noticed which was NOT SO NICE.

The first evening when my friends and I went to the bar right outside the back door (arnd 7 PM on Sep 6), the bartender seemed pretty rude. No greeting and couldn't have cared to ask us what we wanted till his bar back (i guess) started asking us. Sure enough mr.number1 bartender almost pounced on him. Not very professional behavior in front of patrons. No eye contact, no waiting till the customer finished his order to start putting together what was needed. To top it, he added an automatic $2.50 tip to each drink. OK, maybe that's the business model, but the bartender could "act" Nice. Just saying.

Will I be booking with this Hotel the next time I visit? Certainly !!! and looking forward to it. Am not going to let one persons attitude taint my opinion about this nice place. Review written for weekend of sept 6, 2013.

Am giving 4 stars only because i didn't get a chance to try the bed here. Will do in a few months and then throw in the extra star haha.

Dear "JayAshN,"

Well my goodness, you are such a sweetheart! Can't wait to have you stay with us and you will fall in love with our comfortable bed! Please email me when you are coming so we can take great care of you.... dj.hicks@mhgc.com I want to apologize about the bartender you had that night. I have already spoken to the Food and Beverage Director and it has been dealt with. We certainly take pride in our amazing staff so I'm sorry that experience wasn't the norm. See you in a few months dear!

Waco, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Very simple folks: caring customer service at the 5 star hospitality level. I'd like to break down the winners of my experience: 1. DJ: At the front desk .. Exceptional. Needs a raise. A gem there. Assortment of fine nuts and beers in the room as a welcome back hello, Tight. Ghani: at Terrazza ...superb, caring. Big Steve: the pool/bar manager ... Wow ... This guy really gets the needs of a cusotmer... Heard a song on the SC airwaves that I liked and he went to great lengths to find who sang it .. Then in a sincere way engaged me in a nice conversation. Very professional. Caring. Then Nicki at the front desk, awesome. Then to end Pensley (spelling) was a great valet. 100% in all directions ... Bravo SC!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dearest "Volmax,"

Whoop Whoop!! Thanks for all the amazing compliments you gave us! We LOVED having you back staying with us... You are such a nice guest! Glad you enjoyed the nuts and beer gift :) Ghani at Terrazza is everybody's hero and Big Steve has even helped me figure out the name of song that was playing by the pool! Ha! Nikki and Pensy at the front desk are amazing also. Now when can you come back to see us??

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!