“AMAZEBALLS!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“AMAZEBALLS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel stay was for 1 Adult 32 and 1 Child nearly 10.

Well I can only say that I have had a fantastic time in Miami's Shore Club Hotel.

The service of all the staff was great, and a true gem was the Reception Manager Sandra whom did all she could for me and my daughter as traveling as a single parent.

Rooms:
Clean Contemporary and Classy.
The whole hotel was immaculate,my room was exquisite!
Maid Service was excellent
Fridge in room, however goods inside were expensive but no more than in other hotels.
Room Service great!
I had a 15th Floor Ocean View. Well worth it, beautiful view and amazing clean and tidy balcony to enjoy it!
Parking was $42 a day but hey ho.. you don't really need a car!

Location
One of the best locations in Miami, on south beach but not on the main flow where ocean drive is so busy at night a couple of streets from 17th where Lincoln Road Mall is.
Hire bikes for up and down the street or the electronic ones.

Food:
Hotel food is great, the Italian was lovely, however it was pricey.(Terrazzo)
Food at the pool was great, wings etc were fab but again pricey.
Terazzo breakfast, continental was great! As much as you like and all quality!

Pool Area and Terrace.
Very Cool area, big beds, hammocks and well ell you can imagine. Service was fab! Only down side was the cost of soft drinks. $5 for a can of diet coke.
Terrace and Sky bar is great at night, chic and full fresh vibes to enjoy.
Loads of beds, umbrellas and things all foc.

Beach
Sunbeds and service with a comfy mattress are free, if you want a double or a umbrella you have to pay but did not bother.
Service is all available on the beach as at the pool.

Everything was great.

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must, high if possible!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dearest "Keli S,"

WOW.... thanks darling!! What a fabulous review! Thanks for all the kind words you said about Shore Club, especially Sandra. Please come back to stay with us again :)

Sending you and your child much love from Shore Club!

1,423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A midrange hotel imo. They have tried to mordenize the hotel with some chic decoration without success. Although the rooms are clean and in good standard. The poolarea is noisy and dirty. Would not stay here again. Overrated imo.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear "Salmonia,"

I apologize that Shore Club was not for you. We get tons of compliments about our style and design so I'm sorry that we have different opinions!

Kind Regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have to start off by saying that I travel/vacation often and try to always pick 4-5 star hotels.

My recent stay at the Shore Club was a simple, local, getaway weekend. I wanted a stress free and fun time.

The hotel was immaculate,my room was exquisite, clean, fresh...I was lucky enough to have one of the nicest rooms the Shore Club has to offer. The linens were crisp, the decor was well thought out, the design was beautiful. It mentally brought me back to Santorini, GR.

The hotels amenities were plentiful with 2 fine dining restaurants (Terrazzo and Nobu) with excellent food. Two great pools with beds and pillows abundant and a wonderfully groomed beach with complimentary chairs (very uncommon in SoBe).

Having lived in SoFla for quite some time, service can be a toss up, depending on location and timing....NOT at the Shore Club! It was consistently excellent...The valets, doorman, bellhops, pool staff, wait staff, bartenders and concierge(s) were on top of their game.

The one person who stood out the most was LaToya, the Front Desk Manager. A thoughtful, true professional, who inherently knows how a guest wants to be treated and gladly helps, with a beautiful unforced smile. I strongly recommend using her as a point of contact during your stay. I jokingly ribbed the GM about stealing her away to another company. This young woman is going places!

My stay was so pleasant, that I returned later that week for another visit/stay.

Five Stars across the board (and I have been told I can be hard to please). Bravo

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Kevin G,"

Thank you for this amazing review!! This is so sweet and made us feel so special! Latoya is a superstar and was so excited about your comments. Plus hurry back and stay with us so we can give you the 5 star treatment all over again!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff in the hotel were very polite and helpful. Its a fun place to stay. The location is perfect. 2 blocks from Lincoln road. The lunch menu at terrazza in the hotel is a bit pricey for lunch. The room was comfortable and big. I thought Nobu was overpriced and you can get better elsewhere. Also the people that work in nobu need an attitude adjustment. I also think that it's wrong to offer beach chairs , but have to pay $19 for an umbrella..... That's a bit of a rip off and they very well know that you need an umbrella in south beach....the sun is too strong to avoid using one. I thought that the pool being open to the public is fun, and a good idea, but they let too many people in...at the expense of their guests. I have no problem with non guest people sharing the pools, but when there is no room for guests staying there....that's a problem. Overall it's a great place....there's only minor things that needed work, but I'm sure if you voice your concerns with the staff, they work things out for you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "MBnes13093,"

We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed our location along with the polite hotel staff. However I do want to apologize for the other comments you mentioned. The umbrellas at the beach are $19 but that is the same price as every other hotel on South Beach. The only day we let non hotel guests have access to our pools is on Sunday for our Sundaze pool party... Every other day of the week, it is strictly for hotel paying guests. Nobu is pricey but it is defined as a fine dining restaurant and one of the most popular around the world. Hope we see you again sometime soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friends and I visited the Shore Club for their Ladies Who Brunch event and fell in love with the service. The server Ghani was consistent and lovely. Even the management was very receptive to my questions and answered with smiles. The previous night was a disaster so this was a GOD send! Next time you're there ask for Ghani.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "DK S,"

We are thrilled you had a lovely time at our fabulous "Ladies Who Brunch" in Terrazza! Ghani is an angel by far... Come back and see him asap!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice hotel on the Collins Avenue just steps from Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive, comfortably located for both beach access and shops.
I had been in several hotel of the area and Shore Club is absolutely recommendable.
The hotel is clean and comfortable, the pools (2) are large and lots of chairs, umbrellas and even couches are available alongside. Pools are also frequently place for parties, specially on weekends.
Free WiFi is another good spot, on the contrary continental breakfast is yet included but quite basic. Beach servie is also available but umbrellas cost 15$ extra per day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Stefano F,"

Thank you so much for recommending us! Can't wait to see you again next time!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thank you to everyone at the Shore Club for making my 11 year wedding anniversary such a memorable experience. From the moment we entered the beautiful lobby we were amazed at the level of professionalism, friendliness of the staff and the overall beauty of the hotel. I had informed the hotel prior to our arrival that we were celebrating our anniversary and when we checked in, we were upgraded to an ocean view suite at no additional charge. Thank you to DJ and her lovely staff for making this happen! This simple gesture made our trip such a memorable one. Our room was clean and beautiful and the view was fantastic!The beach is directly behind the hotel and Demetrius was wonderful in making sure we were set up with loungers each day and was a great help in getting some information on what to visit while we were in Miami. The pool at the Shore Club is fun and lively and the staff that worked at the pool bar deserve a lot of praise. They work their butts off to ensure that everyone is being taken care of. The music at the pool is top notch and the overall vibe is amazing! We also visited the spa at the hotel and again....what a wonderful experience. The services were great, the staff was awesome and once again, we were treated with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we were all done. The simplest gestures were so very much appreciated! Ken at the concierge desk was THE BEST in helping us get set up at LIV nightclub and had great dinner suggestions. He was also just simply a nice guy and worth going to see for information on what to do while in Miami! The hotel is close to everything and walking distance to some great restaurants and shopping. Lincoln street is a few blocks away and I highly suggest YUCA for dinner or lunch!! Amazing food and great outdoor seating! I would definitely recommend the Shore Club to anyone who is interested in visiting South Beach!! Thanks again to everyone that made our getaway so special!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Love2Travel64,"

This is the sweetest review ever!! I'm truly touched by everything you said about us! We loved having you spend your 11 year Anniversary with us and glad it was magical. Can't wait to see you again hopefully soon :) Sending you lots of love and sugar from all of us at Shore Club! xo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!