“Great Place, Awesome Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Place, Awesome Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Cool, Classy, and Sexy....absolutely THE place to stay on the beach. Hands down the best staff , attentive and accommodating. Emily, you and your team make it a pleasure every time I get to visit! Be Back Soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dearest "Win1010,"

WOW! Thank you darling for calling us cool, classy, and sexy. Shore Club is totally blushing right now. xoxo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

room was ok in size, room had a sidestreet window so there was no noise from outside. Con was the elevator was right outside so we could hear people walking and talking as they passed. the toileteries were good, not cheapy stuff. we did not eat there so no review on that. We did not use the pool either because it was over crowded and felt An icky feeling. we went to the beach instead which had waiting service for drinks. i do not think it is a place for kids

• Stayed July 2013
Dearest "MVO5,"

We appreciate your honest review. Please request a room away from the elevator next time you would like to stay with us. If you would have let us known this was an issue during your stay, we would have moved you right away! The pool is thoroughly cleaned frequently and is always sanitized after our pool parties. Hope you decide to come stay with us again and I will make sure you have a lovely stay!

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Absolutely the best spot in South Beach! Great staff, amazing concierge and awesome pool scene. The hotel is located right on the beach and right on Collins close to Lincoln so you're steps to all the action. To be honest we barely left the hotel as everything we needed was right there.

Shad

• Stayed June 2013
Dearest "Shadster79,"

There is no reason to leave the hotel when Heaven is right here! I'm touched you had such a fantastic time.... hurry back!

North York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We read a lot of great reviews of this hotel. We chose to switch from our usual, the Loews Miami Beach just a block away (and closer to Lincoln Rd.) because we had read that this was a "celebrity boutique hotel". It cost about $60.00 a night more for the same type of ocean view room, so we expected more luxury and nicer amenities. WHAT A LET DOWN! The pictures on the web are real, but make the place look a lot fresher and less tired than it is. The Loews is so much nicer with better service and more amenities. We successfully got our money back when we arrived and went down to the Loews. Here is what you get: a concrete floor lobby with hardly any seating and low ceilings, a small pool that is a bit dirty, surrounded by lawn chairs with 2 inch legs, so you better be prepared to crawl up from the ground. And the room, which wasn't ready for the check in time, had CONCRETE FLOORS - sorry but nothing could transmit sound better from above and below. Also, condensation from the A/C caused paint drips down the headboard. But here's the best part - no disclosure of the fact that the hotel next door was undergoing major construction - jackhammers to start at 7am every day, so forget enjoying the outdoors or your balcony. The rooms were spartan with cheap furniture that was uncomfortable. There are so many great hotels for the same or less money. It all felt a bit tired and a bit dirty. Also, because it was a reno of an old hotel, narrow hallways, dark dark dark. Small elevators. Dingy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear " Dorian G,"

We are sorry that you were not happy with anything about the Shore Club but maybe if you had at least stayed with us, you could have experienced why this hotel is completely fabulous. It was also very gracious of us to not charge you for the cancellation fee. The Loews is a gorgeous hotel and we think that hotel is a much better fit for you.

Kind Regards,
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

***Detailed Review***After staying in over 10 different hotels in Miami Beach I have finally found my "home" (even the pool boys say "welcome home" when they see me!). This was my 3rd stay in the last 16 months and I plan to go back for Thanksgiving. There are 3 reasons I keep going back 1. service 2. service 3. service! AND the décor and the pool and the garden. I can't reiterate enough how incredibly helpful, friendly, and accommodating the ENTIRE staff is. Everyone from the housekeeping to the managers say hello every time they see you. Last time I was there I had a broken foot and they bent over backward to accommodate me, sending a fridge to my room, the pool boys got me pillows and ice for my foot without being asked etc. Specifically LaToya at the front desk is THE BEST. She has been working with me since my first trip and she has taken care of everything I needed. I will say that Nikki & DJ both helped me on this trip on the days LaToya was out and they were great substitutes. They were both friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very centrally located. It is a few minute walk from Lincoln Road, Bass Museum of Art and 2 Walgreens. There is also a bodega across the street and a liquor store down the block. When you walk in the most amazing smell greets you and the all white lobby lends a feeling of tranquility. The rooms are also stark white and pretty spare but I particularly enjoy this as it gives a very "zen" feeling which is perfect for a beach vacation. The bathrooms are beautiful with separate bathtub and showers (the showers have amazing shower heads and beautiful tiles). The Malin & Goetz products are very luxurious and are a definite perk. If you have room with a balcony the view of the beach is excellent. On your way to the pool is a beautiful lush Moroccan themed garden with plenty of cushioned benches, couches, hammocks and beds to relax on when the sun at the pool gets to strong or to enjoy a coffee in the morning. The pool itself is amazing. It is surrounded by trees and greenery. There are pool chairs ringing 3 sides of the pool and big beds on the fourth side. Behind the pool chairs and more beds and couches to tax and relax on. The pool staff is very efficient and helpful. There is also a lot of staff so there is always someone to help you. I must mention by name Ricky who is so nice and fun and takes care of anything you need. Angie, I have renamed Angel as she really is one! Henry is great too. The servers who deserve mention are Xavier, Emma and Terrain. Luis at the pool bar also deserves a shoutout. There is a DJ that plays Thurs-Sunday and it really adds a fun vibe to the pool. The Sunday pool party is always a blast. The pool food is pretty good (I love the fish burger and veggie wrap) and there are a lot of delicious cocktails however it is all rather pricey yet typical for the area.There is also a second pool that is more relaxing and is good for kids as it is smaller and more shallow. They also have a nice sized Jacuzzi. The beach was wonderful with good service in setting up our chairs. I have not eaten in the restaurants except for the Sunday brunch at Terrazza which was fine. The bottomless Bellinis were great though. The hotel is dog friendly. To those who complain that the hotel is shabby and needs a facelift they are right that this hotel is not brand new but I have never noticed anything offensively "shabby" or broken. I think they have maintained it very well as I can compare it to when it first opened as I visited then as well. The Shore Club manages to be cool without being pretentious. It is fun yet still maintains a very chilled vibe which is perfect for relaxing. Please message me if you have any questions. I am happy to try to answer them!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dearest "Jennifer G,"

Oh my goodness.... thank you sweetheart!! You are absolutely one of our favorites and a complete doll. Every time you stay with us, it brings a special spark to the hotel! We feel honored to be your home away from home. You are so kind to mention Latoya, Nikki, and myself at the front desk... thank you :) I also couldn't agree more about Ricky, Angie (your Angel), Henry, Xavier, Emma, Terrain, and Louis.... they are all total superstars! We are already looking forward to seeing you in a few months for Thanksgiving. Love to you from your Shore Club family. xoxo

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent a week in Shore Club. The location is excellent, the service is good and the concierges are super kind. The hotel also has soundproof windows that are a must, considering the noise outside.
What we didn't like was the atmosphere, specially at the pools. It's heaven if you are 25 years-old or less. Otherwise, be prepared to never ending pool parties from 1pm to 2am, with loud music, DJs, and a lot - I mean a lot - of alcohol.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Deareset "JuGeve,"

We appreciate your review and so glad you enjoyed the location, service, and our amazing concierge team. We do have a pool party every Sunday that is very popular with great music. There is the option of the back pool and the beach area if the pool party is not for you. Hope that you come back again soon for all the things you enjoyed!

NYCJulie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved this property, it was very unique and spread out. Our room was small but had everything we needed it. The concrete floors are cool and unique. The pool scene was a little loud and rowdy for me (and I am someone who can like that sort of thing, but this was too much, girls in high heels and music so loud you couldnt hear the person next to you. Basically not at all relaxing). The beach was much better, beautiful and free beach chairs! I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "NYCJulie,"

Thank you so much for this lovely review!! We do apologize for the pool scene being too loud but I am happy that you found our beach to be so relaxing. Can't wait to see you again for our great location and amenities!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!