“3rd Time in 16 Months!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York, New York, United States
“3rd Time in 16 Months!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

***Detailed Review***After staying in over 10 different hotels in Miami Beach I have finally found my "home" (even the pool boys say "welcome home" when they see me!). This was my 3rd stay in the last 16 months and I plan to go back for Thanksgiving. There are 3 reasons I keep going back 1. service 2. service 3. service! AND the décor and the pool and the garden. I can't reiterate enough how incredibly helpful, friendly, and accommodating the ENTIRE staff is. Everyone from the housekeeping to the managers say hello every time they see you. Last time I was there I had a broken foot and they bent over backward to accommodate me, sending a fridge to my room, the pool boys got me pillows and ice for my foot without being asked etc. Specifically LaToya at the front desk is THE BEST. She has been working with me since my first trip and she has taken care of everything I needed. I will say that Nikki & DJ both helped me on this trip on the days LaToya was out and they were great substitutes. They were both friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very centrally located. It is a few minute walk from Lincoln Road, Bass Museum of Art and 2 Walgreens. There is also a bodega across the street and a liquor store down the block. When you walk in the most amazing smell greets you and the all white lobby lends a feeling of tranquility. The rooms are also stark white and pretty spare but I particularly enjoy this as it gives a very "zen" feeling which is perfect for a beach vacation. The bathrooms are beautiful with separate bathtub and showers (the showers have amazing shower heads and beautiful tiles). The Malin & Goetz products are very luxurious and are a definite perk. If you have room with a balcony the view of the beach is excellent. On your way to the pool is a beautiful lush Moroccan themed garden with plenty of cushioned benches, couches, hammocks and beds to relax on when the sun at the pool gets to strong or to enjoy a coffee in the morning. The pool itself is amazing. It is surrounded by trees and greenery. There are pool chairs ringing 3 sides of the pool and big beds on the fourth side. Behind the pool chairs and more beds and couches to tax and relax on. The pool staff is very efficient and helpful. There is also a lot of staff so there is always someone to help you. I must mention by name Ricky who is so nice and fun and takes care of anything you need. Angie, I have renamed Angel as she really is one! Henry is great too. The servers who deserve mention are Xavier, Emma and Terrain. Luis at the pool bar also deserves a shoutout. There is a DJ that plays Thurs-Sunday and it really adds a fun vibe to the pool. The Sunday pool party is always a blast. The pool food is pretty good (I love the fish burger and veggie wrap) and there are a lot of delicious cocktails however it is all rather pricey yet typical for the area.There is also a second pool that is more relaxing and is good for kids as it is smaller and more shallow. They also have a nice sized Jacuzzi. The beach was wonderful with good service in setting up our chairs. I have not eaten in the restaurants except for the Sunday brunch at Terrazza which was fine. The bottomless Bellinis were great though. The hotel is dog friendly. To those who complain that the hotel is shabby and needs a facelift they are right that this hotel is not brand new but I have never noticed anything offensively "shabby" or broken. I think they have maintained it very well as I can compare it to when it first opened as I visited then as well. The Shore Club manages to be cool without being pretentious. It is fun yet still maintains a very chilled vibe which is perfect for relaxing. Please message me if you have any questions. I am happy to try to answer them!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dearest "Jennifer G,"

Oh my goodness.... thank you sweetheart!! You are absolutely one of our favorites and a complete doll. Every time you stay with us, it brings a special spark to the hotel! We feel honored to be your home away from home. You are so kind to mention Latoya, Nikki, and myself at the front desk... thank you :) I also couldn't agree more about Ricky, Angie (your Angel), Henry, Xavier, Emma, Terrain, and Louis.... they are all total superstars! We are already looking forward to seeing you in a few months for Thanksgiving. Love to you from your Shore Club family. xoxo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent a week in Shore Club. The location is excellent, the service is good and the concierges are super kind. The hotel also has soundproof windows that are a must, considering the noise outside.
What we didn't like was the atmosphere, specially at the pools. It's heaven if you are 25 years-old or less. Otherwise, be prepared to never ending pool parties from 1pm to 2am, with loud music, DJs, and a lot - I mean a lot - of alcohol.

Deareset "JuGeve,"

We appreciate your review and so glad you enjoyed the location, service, and our amazing concierge team. We do have a pool party every Sunday that is very popular with great music. There is the option of the back pool and the beach area if the pool party is not for you. Hope that you come back again soon for all the things you enjoyed!

NYCJulie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved this property, it was very unique and spread out. Our room was small but had everything we needed it. The concrete floors are cool and unique. The pool scene was a little loud and rowdy for me (and I am someone who can like that sort of thing, but this was too much, girls in high heels and music so loud you couldnt hear the person next to you. Basically not at all relaxing). The beach was much better, beautiful and free beach chairs! I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "NYCJulie,"

Thank you so much for this lovely review!! We do apologize for the pool scene being too loud but I am happy that you found our beach to be so relaxing. Can't wait to see you again for our great location and amenities!

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The lobby is amazing, my GF was spellbound when we walked in. Hung out at the pool at day. It is an awesome scene. Lots of beautiful, yet normal (mostly) people. We loved Ricky out at the pool. He really works at keeping everyone well taken care of.

Robert at the front desk was very helpful. The room was confortable although the mattresses aren't great.. The balconies are spacious and nice. Great glass wall showers, big enough for two. We live in the are and pop down to SoBe for fun every now and then. Wish parking wasn't $42 but overall very good.

Dearest "Toddy_Traveler,"

We are thrilled that your girlfriend was spellbound as soon as she walked into our gorgeous lobby!! I don't blame her. We do have magical things going on at Shore Club! Both Ricky and Robert were more than happy to make you feel at home. The parking in Miami is expensive at all the hotels on South Beach. Please come back soon!!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited Miami last week and I was really excited about the hotel stay after seeing the reviews online. Two things just made me really regret choosing this one.

1. I found some blood marks on my bed sheet on the third day of my stay. Needless to say, I was totally disgusted having slept in that bed for 2 nights. The glass cups in the room were also not clean. When I opened the lid of the first cup I saw something dirty in it and I thought I must have really bad luck as this was supposed to be a classy hotel. Then I opened the lid of thes second one...Same thing.

2. After I checked out of the hotel I realized that I left a pair of pants in the bathroom of my room. Then I called the Lost& Found of the hotel. The person who answered my phone call told me that I should wait for a week to call. I mean... Do they clean the room a week after the guests left? So I asked him if I should just consider my pants as lost? He said that guests' personal items "usually" turn up. I don't think the answer is acceptable for a hotel with an expensive price tag. Then I requested him to ask for someone to take a look at the bathroom when the room is cleaned next time. He said yes and hung up the phone.

For the same amount of money, please go to the hotels that are known for maintaining high standards. Probably the hotel is "usually" good and I was just unlucky. You don't want that happens to you when you're on your annual vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dearest "Jeff S,"

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not find the cleanliness of the sheets to be satisfactory. This is indeed unacceptable and we have our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happy again. We only wish that you would have told us about this at the time so we could have tried to rectify the situation. Regarding your lost pants, unfortunately nothing was found and our security and housekeeping department conducted a thorough investigation.

Kind Regards,
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had such a mixed experience at this hotel. In summary, your hard earned cash gets you a mediocre room. Staff only have manners (which they should have regardless) if you are throwing your money around like a moron.
While some staff are friendly and helpful, most are arrogant and lazy. As a result, the highest rating I can give is "average" (even after having a room upgrade) which is surely a sign that things could be a lot better.
We arrived at the hotel at 2:45pm to check-in at the scheduled 3:00pm only to wait for over 2 hours while staff "checked something" in our room. Despite pressing for an explanation they never gave us one (although we could hear their whispers to each other that the previous guest had no intention of checking out). The manager very reluctantly upgraded our room but would have happily kept us waiting for our room indefinitely had we not insisted that being unable to check in by 5:15pm is ridiculous. He gave us complimentary cocktail vouchers to put us in better spirits. Lovely in theory, but redeeming these vouchers was difficult and the result was an extremely weak drink (think water and mint!).
The pool waitresses are similarly arrogant. Service is slow and rude yet 18% gratuity is included. If the attitude was one of service first then we would happily tip beyond that. Instead staff are focused on their own pockets. Saying this is a real shame as the housekeeping and pool boys were incredibly kind.
The atmosphere is also mixed. While there a couples relaxing in pairs there are also groups of males on bachelor parties and boys trips that disrupt the quiet enjoyment of the hotel for other guests. But because these men are spending their behaviour is welcomed by staff. Groups of girls need not stay here unless they care to be harassed by these men.
If you're looking for good service and a couple/family getaway, try another place (I don't see why you wouldn't when there are dozens of hotels on Miami beach). I certainly won't be back to this over-hyped hotel.
This is my first ever TripAdvisor review. If I can save just one couple from accidentally dropping a small fortune on this place then my time spent typing this was worth it.

Dearest "P12345678941,"

We appreciate your honest feedback. I am sorry to read that you did not find our staff friendly and helpful. I can assure you that our staff is not arrogant or lazy. As you can see on the many postings on this site, many guests rave about customer service and how our staff treat our guests like family. I am also sorry that you did not receive your room at 3pm, however I am happy to read that our manager upgraded your room to several categories higher as a gesture of good will. I do agree with your comment about hotel atmosphere being mixed. This is standard among all hotels on Miami Beach and I can assure you that no hotel would ever want to cater to just one type of clientele. I also apologize that you did not fit in. Thank you once again for your feedback and sorry that Shore Club is not the hotel for you.

KInd Regards,
PrettyPls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights. Check in began with Natalie. She was wonderful and it was a breeze. We got our rooms immediately. We had two rooms (one superior king and one superior double queen) and were upgraded to oceanviews for both. We also received complimentary continental breakfast during our stay. Valet parking was expensive ($42 a night); however, they will run back and forth a hundred times to get your car in on any given day during your stay and they do it with a smile! The lobby was true Miami decor with white furniture, white flowing drapes, and a beautiful staff with lovely pearly white smiles. You simply can't help but notice the incredible fragrance that surrounds you throughout the hotel leading into your rooms. It was the harmonious blend of lemongrass & green tea. The room decor was done on a contemporary minimalistic style with white linen, a chaise lounger and the usual desk furnishings. The bed was a little hard for my taste but my husband liked it and slept like a baby. There was a little added bonus we discovered on the night stand and it was a white noise player which was a nice touch. The bathroom was a great size but it really needed a magnifying mirror for makeup (hey its Miami and looks matter) and more shelving. Thr refrigerator is fully stocked and sensored so be careful not to touch unless you want to pay top dollar for a bottle of water. You can ask for a refrigerator and they will bring you one that you can stock yourself at no cost to you. Housekeeping was incredible too. They greeted us with a smile everyday and were very accomodating. We got nightly turned down service as well. When it came to eating at the hotel our first morning we decided to try out the complimentary continental buffet. It had very little to offer, not even boiled eggs. So we ordered 2 plates of three scrambled egg whites - one with cheese. They brought them out with fingerling pototoes on the side. $43.00 was the bill. Needless to say we became more adventurous and found great places to dine outside of the hotel that were in walking distance. This hotel gets 5 stars for location to eveything...the beach, the Lincoln Rd Mall, to fabulous dining, to people watching, to shopping and to partying. The Shore Club is sexy & fun for old and young alike. If you are looking to bring your sexy back this is a good place to start in Miami.

• Stayed July 2013
Dearest "PrettyPls,"

WOW is all I got to say!! You are so thoughtful to write such a fabulous review! Loved all the things you mentioned especially the kind words about Natalie, the bright smiles of all the staff, the delicious hotel fragrance, and all the sexiness! Hope we see you again sooner rather than later my dear.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!