“Stay for the experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #44 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Malvern, Pennsylvania, United States
“Stay for the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at Shore Club and wanted to write a review while the memory is still fresh. First, you stay at Shore Club because of the experience, not for the feel of the room. Rooms are pretty basic, although were given a free upgrade to a Junior Suite because my wife and I were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. The room itself was decent. Bed was comfortable, shower was good. To be honest, we slept there and little else. We spent the majority of our time a the pool. On Saturday, Ricky (the absolute nicest man in Miami) helped us out with a good set of chairs on the sunny side (his recommendation), If you stay at Shore Club, this should be the first person you see after you check in. He's incredibly personable and works hard to make sure all of the guests are taken care of. We will be coming back because of him for sure. On Sunday, they have a pool party and it tends to get a little crazy (but in a good way) after about 1pm. Our server, Emma, was amazing. So sweet and considerate. Once again, ask Ricky where to sit to ensure you get Emma. She was more than attentive the entire day. When you're not in the pool or soaking up the sun sitting next to it, check out the bar on the terrace. You can sit in the shade of the old growth trees or lounge on the beds/swings/seats and have a cold drink. or two!

Room Tip: Request away from elevator and away from ice machine. Also, if you're celebrating anything (bir...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dearest "GATrout12,"

WOW! What a lovely comment... Happy 1 year Anniversary!! We can't agree more with you about the attentive and amazing service both Ricky and Emma provide all the time. They are superstars! Please hurry back so Ricky can set you on the sunny side of the pool and Emma will serve you another refreshing cocktail. xo

1,523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had a wonderful girls weekend at the Shore Club. Hotel/pool/beach were all beautiful and way beyond expectations. Great location- next to SLS, Delano, Fountainblue and all the other hotels that also have fun bar scenes- also very close to Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive! Also, had a great customer service experience - I left my iphone charger in my hotel room and the Front Desk Mgr, Alexandra, worked with me to find a very inexpensive solution to ship it back to Virginia to me. I really appreciate her customer service and making me feel like a valued guest. I will be back to visit the Shore Club again soon. Def recommend!!

Dearest "Kelrus25,"

You are so thoughtful!! Thank you for the great mentions of our location, bar scene, and customer service. We are so happy you had a fun girls weekend! I am glad our fabulous Guest Experience Manager, Alexandra was able to help send you an Iphone charger. Please hurry back soon!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at a completely different hotel, but was intrigued by reviews on the Skybar at the Shore Club. Instantly fell in love with the ambiance and laidback atmosphere of the Skybar Lounge. The cocktails are well made and delicious! Try the Palmojito! I enjoyed the Skybar so much I came back the next morning and to recover by poolside. The pool was packed by late morning and I couldn't get any seating but the hostess accomodated my friends and I to take advantage of their ginormous day bed! Service was on point and music was perfect for a Sunday by the pool.

Room Tip: Check out the Skybar at night - very laid back and chill
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dearest "Rosamum,"

Oh my goodness thank you! So thrilled you loved our cool Skybar lounge so much that you came back on Sunday to enjoy our swanky pool beds. Our "palmojito" drink is so tasty... wish I was sipping on one right now too! Hope to see you soon my friend.

Dunellen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with a coworker for a function. Was upgraded to a beautiful junior suite great ocean view. From start to finish the staff was excellent food in both restaurants great. This must be a fun place to work because the staff all seem so happy to help, this is not the case in many hotels as I travel frequently . I would always return to this hotel and highly recommend it . One especially helpful staff member was Michael Simpson at Terrazza Resturaunt, he really made the last day terrific we did not want to leave. Thank you shore club. Great job !!!

Room Tip: Ask for what you need most likely they will get it for you
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "Barbara F,"

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for those nice comments about our staff especially, Michael Simpson! He was so happy to meet you and make sure you have the best time! Glad you did.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the shore club for the nba finals last week..... I got to hotel early expecting to check luggage and kill time which i was not looking forward to because I just got off a redeye but when I told Alexandra at the front desk that, not only did she get me in a room immediately but upgraded me to a beautiful ocean front junior suite since that was one of only rooms available. During my stay, I met Emily Triffin who is exec asst to the GM and I'm not sure if its her common practice or if she was just in a good mood that day but from the moment I met her til the moment I checked out, she was constantly making sure everything was great plus introduced me to other members of management team in the event I needed anything..... Shore club is a great combination of old Miami charm and the hipness that is currently Miami set in a perfect location with great service.

• Stayed June 2013
Dearest "Lawrence R,"

Thank you so much for your sweet comments about Alexandra and Emily! They are both superstars at Shore Club! Hope we see you again soon for another amazing few days.

Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Shore Club for 5 nights in April while on our Honeymoon.
We had an amazing stay and found the staff very helpful and kind.
For breakfast and dinner we would go to Terrazza Restaurant and met the restaurant manager Radi Garov who helped us with everything and made our stay a first class experience.
Location is great and central. On the weekend they have cool pool parties which are a must to go to. We can't wait to go back next year on our 1 year anniversary and will defintley stay at the Shore Club again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "George A,"

Congratulations! We love that you had such a lovely Honeymoon and will be back next year for your 1 year anniversary! Yay!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the moment we arrived our cares disappeared. When the staff greeted us we knew we were in for a little slice of heaven. The property provided such excellent service from the moment we arrived, the taxi door was opened by the valet and the bellhop collected our luggage and delivered them to our rooms. Plus we had a very seamless check-in at the front desk. It was like "a well oiled machine" being welcomed with warmth and hospitality yet understanding that preparation had taken place in the background that made it all a very smooth process. This was our annual "Girl's Trip" and our first time at the Shore Club in South Beach. It was simply wonderful from our rooms with there stunning views of the beach and the city to the incredible views overlooking the garden area. WOW! The property is gorgeous with all kinds of nooks for sitting and relaxing plus shaded walk- ways to stroll along. Everyone had a smile on her/his face willing and ready to attend to us.
Natalie provided us with wonderful day excursions and evening entertainment that were perfect! When we returned from a hot day of sight-seeing we were offered cool towels and bottled water upon entering the hotel. Divine culmination!
It had two great pools but we preferred the beach and had no problems getting towels, chairs and an umbrella. The beach was superb!
The food was outstanding at the Terrazza and the service Juan provided was fabulous. We will not forget one of the BEST dining experience that evening and breakfast was just as scrumptious, both came with a beautiful view. The best view is on the sofas to watch the transformation to the enchanting evening ambience.
Harold gave an amazing massage at the spa. The rest of the staff were very professional and I enjoyed the services. The spa was very serene with the offer of a cucumber drink during my stay. The view from the spa is breathtaking overlooking the ocean.
The service from the staff was exceptional in all areas and we could not thank them enough for making our trip an unforgettable experience. Relaxation, peaceful, and true hospitality were found here. We all cannot wait to return again to this slice of paradise. This one gets my vote. Thanks for incredible stay!

Deareset "MiaAs1,"

Well aren't you just a sweetheart! Thank you so much for this fabulous review of Shore Club! We truly are a little slice of Heaven... there is no doubt about that! Ha! Sounds so refreshing to just walk into the hotel from the hot humidity outside and to be given a cool towel and bottled water. We really do give the best dining experience at our delicious Italian restaurant, Terrazza! My favorite is to sit on those comfy couches and watch all the action at the pool while eating some yummy meals from there too. So glad you enjoyed the massage from Harold... his hands are like magic! Hope we see you again soon for another slice of that good Shore Club paradise....

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!