Although the hotel is supposed to be one of the top-notch hotels in Miami, it was a very disappointing experience, for many reasons -
- The hotel staff simply does not want to assist the customers in any way. The attitude is unacceptable, they argue, ignore you, don't care about your needs, and in general - fail to deliver the quality of service you expect from a hotel. An embarrassment for any service provider.
- Whatever you do, don't stay at the Nobu tower (rooms x80-x90 or something like that). There are only two elevators that take you to the floor, and also used for the kitchen and housekeeping. I have never witnessed something like that - stepping with your evening attire to an elevator when the other door, facing the kitchen, opens, and one of the kitchen workers get in. The smell is unbearable and we almost fainted.
- The rooms are extremely small, and packed with accessories to buy - from t-shirts, flip-flops, lotions, soaps, you name it - they have it. Everything is for pay, of course. This is not only in the main room but also in the bathroom.
- The price is extremely high, while the rooms are small, the service quality is poor and everything is extra (Mohito = $14)
- Two good things to mention - (1) the beach staff is very nice, the only people in the hotel that actually served with a smile, (2) the waitress in Nobu was extremely professional and gave us great service.
Overall - stay away, don't worth your time or money.