“loved the Shore Club!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Madrid, Spain
“loved the Shore Club!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are many great things about the Shore Club! First of all, it has an unbeatable SoBe location, waking distance to Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. The atmosphere is second to none. Seldom I have seen so much groove going on as in its pool parties (beautiful pool, by the way)
The hotel's decor is design yet warm, the food is amazing (don't forget to try Nobu), the bed is very comfy, the views from my room were amazing, wi-fi works perfect...so many good aspects.. Yet, the best was its wonderful and helpful staff (they even printed my boarding cards and send them to my room!)...one can tell the hotel has great management!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dearest "Gonzalo O,"

Oh my goodness... this is the best review ever!! You have listed all the great things that make Shore Club the most popular hotel in Miami. Many thanks for all the compliments!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent a long weekend at the Shore Club with a few girlfriends and we all had a blast. The staff is very friendly and attentive. This is not a family vacation spot or hotel for business travelers but you couldn't ask for a better location for a fun weekend with friends. Nobu is located at the hotel which is an added perk.

Dearest "Mary R,"

Well aren't you just the sweetest!! Many thanks to you and your girlfriends for writing such a lovely review about Shore Club. See you ladies back again soon! xo

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business, so I’ll share some tips related to the good and bad experiences during my stay, as well as what I heard from the colleagues who also stayed there.
I wasn’t given good directions to my room, so I went to the six floors of two towers – dragging my luggage along - until I finally found a very kind staff member who took me to the third tower where my room was finally on that sixth floor! My room was clean and spacious. There were plenty of fluffy towels and nice bath products. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I was in a room right by the elevator, but I never hear it ding or people get on. However, I was also right by the housekeeping closet and regularly hear them in it. I’d avoid room 661 if I were you! Especially as a female, single traveler, I’d rather not be by an elevator where someone can see me get off and go into the room. But, after trouble finding the room, I didn’t feel like going back for another.

Inspect your room when you arrive, as my colleague was given a room that when he entered had dishes in the sink and the beds were unmade. When he told the front desk staff, they remedied the situation immediately and gave him a room upgrade. He raved about the room and the attention to the situation.

At first I thought the grounds and hotel could use a little TLC even though its art deco style is fitting for the location. But after a couple of days, I came to like it as it is. One of my colleague remarked, “this hotel and grounds are prettier at night.”

Members of my team came in on a Thursday and were staying for a week. Two of them moved rooms two times because of the club noise other reviewers have mentioned. The woman who coordinated the event and said repeatedly said, “This hotel is not for business travel.”

Service and food at La Terrazza was good. As a business traveler, it would be nice to have a place on-site or nearby to just grab a good cup of coffee and a muffin before heading to the convention center (which is only about two blocks away). This hotel is toward the end of the strip, so there aren’t many nearby restaurants, which was disappointing to me. It’s also not close to the good shopping.

The hotel has good beach access. One morning I wanted to sit at the beach for a bit before my meetings started and the beach staff was friendly and gave me a chair closest to the water.

Check out wasn’t until noon and just before I got in the shower around 9, housekeeping knocked. I told them I was still in the room and flipped the top latch. As I was turning off the shower, I heard someone try to come in! Good thing I closed the latch or it could have been very awkward! When I told the front desk on check out, they took $100 off my room charges and I heard them immediately call to tell someone about the situation. I thought it was great that in both of the situations I mentioned as being dissatisfying, the staff tried to make it right.

Room Tip: When you check in, be sure to say you want a quiet room (especially if you stay there Thursday throu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dearest "Audie79,"

We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback from your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and pillow as well as our delicious Italian restaurant Terrazza. The hotel is located right on the beach so you can't beat our amazing beach access! We apologize that you were not given a hotel map at check in to explain how to get to your room. Each agent gives the guest one prior to heading towards their room. Terrazza does have cups of coffee and muffins to purchase and they are more than happy to put in a to-go cup for you! The hotel does have a club and bar area so I am sorry again for the noise during your stay. I am so sorry you encountered some issues during your stay, however I am happy once you brought these issues to our attention that my team was able to go out of their way to somewhat rectify the situation. Please contact me directly on dj.hicks@mhgc.com when you next wish to come to Miami and I will look after your stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I came to the Shore Club to celebrate one of my milestone birthdays and I could not have picked a more perfect place. Everything about the hotel was exactly what I wanted. There was a definite party vibe but it wasn't rowdy and there were plenty of spaces where you could have peace and quiet. The interior design was modern and romantic. The highlight of my stay had to be the service. Everyone went above and beyond to make me feel special and taken care of. If you stay at the Shore Club make sure and ask for Reo, he is the host with the most and will make your stay one to remember.

Dearest "Agentzilla,"

Happy Late Birthday!! Thank you very much for the fabulous feedback of our beautiful hotel, great location, and perfect service.... WOW! It doesn't get any better than that! Can't wait to see you again for another amazing time!

Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was terrible. It was dirty, disorganized and very unprofessional. I was traveling with my two daughters (13 & 14) and we were very uncomfortable at The Shore Club. It was a party, Spring Break hotel and only caters to adults who was to drink. The restaurant was a mess and the food served at the buffet was disgusting. Flies were circling around the food and everything looked like it had been sitting there for hours in the heat. We were supposed to stay for 3 days (and our were rooms pre-paid through Priceline) and decided to leave. It was so bad and inappropriate for my family that we didn't want any part of it. We luckily found a cheaper room at The Ritz Carlton (which was awesome on every level). Priceline was fantastic and refunded me my money. I highly recommend booking with Priceline but no not recommend The Shore Club at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "Kikojensen,"

Thank you for your review and I'm so sorry that we were not the right hotel for you. Terrazza is known for its delicious buffet and we always receive so many compliments about the food and staff so I can assure you that your experience was the exception rather than the rule. I have shared your feedback with our entire management team and we have taken your feedback very seriously.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at Shore Club for a bachelorette weekend, and we were one of the many, many groups of girls there. The rooms are very bare bones so if you're going to stay in your room alot, stay elsewhere. Otherwise it's fine, and the bathrooms are huge. The pool is fun during the day, and the staff is relatively attentive. The service on the beach was much quicker. The location of the hotel is great; right in the middle of Collins Ave so everything is a quick walk. Good place to stay for groups, especially if you can get a corporate rate or discount. I'm not sure the hotel or experience is worth what they charge full price.

Room Tip: Bungalows are small and the double bed rooms actually sleep more people.
Dearest "MaggieNYCTraveler,"

Thank you for your review.... We love having Bachelorette trips here at Shore Club! We are delighted you enjoyed the large bathrooms, fun pool, and our attentive staff! I am sorry you felt the rooms were bare. They are indeed minimalistic but very chic! Hope to see you and your girls again for another fun time.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Was at Shore Club last weekend, and had a blast. Early check-in (see my tip), easy access to the beach, and located within a few minutes walk to some really great lounges, clubs, and restaurants. Breakfast Buffet at Terraza is a no-brainer, followed up with some Bloody Mary's at the pool bar, (which opens at 9am) is the perfect remedy to the previous nights activity. The pool is great, and the staff was equally as great for our group of @ 20.

Room Tip: Avoid non-ocean view rooms on the 2nd floor with a Terrace. These terraces are easily accessible fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dearest "Skovaleski,"

Oh my you are so kind and thoughtful! Thank you for posting this fabulous review... You are making me crave our delicious bloody mary's now! Ha.. Hope to see you again soon!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!