“Great place, great staff in a perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great place, great staff in a perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Was at Shore Club last weekend, and had a blast. Early check-in (see my tip), easy access to the beach, and located within a few minutes walk to some really great lounges, clubs, and restaurants. Breakfast Buffet at Terraza is a no-brainer, followed up with some Bloody Mary's at the pool bar, (which opens at 9am) is the perfect remedy to the previous nights activity. The pool is great, and the staff was equally as great for our group of @ 20.

Room Tip: Avoid non-ocean view rooms on the 2nd floor with a Terrace. These terraces are easily accessible fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dearest "Skovaleski,"

Oh my you are so kind and thoughtful! Thank you for posting this fabulous review... You are making me crave our delicious bloody mary's now! Ha.. Hope to see you again soon!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We love South Beach and we come here every year for a week. This time we booked at Shore Club for the first time. We already knew the location and we loved bars and restaurants in there where we spent a lot of evenings. We didn't know the rooms and this time I have to say I am little bit disappointed and surprised. Rooms are ok although very minimal, with small TV and a very small desk. Not what I was expecting but I can survive with it. But what is unacceptable is the armchair too small (less than 1 meter wide). We are 2 and we booked for 6 nights: simply there is no space to hang even the basics. All the other cloths and dresses have to stay folded in suitcases. We called the reception to complain but they replied that all rooms have the same small wardrobe and we had to deal with it (?). Whoa! Not exactly the attitude we were asking for.

Room Tip: Ask for the wardrobe size before booking :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dearest "Gconio,"

We truly appreciate your sincere feedback and we deeply apologize that there was not enough wardrobe space for the both of you. We do have more space in our suites and lofts so please let me know the next time you are planning on staying with us and I will be more than happy to make sure we have a larger room for you. I can not imagine any employee of the hotel saying that you had to deal with it yourself... I will look further into this but in the meantime, please accept our apologies. The style of our rooms are very minimal with a clean, sleek look. Please contact me the next time you would like to stay again! dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Bristol, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I work for a large company who was having a tradeshow nearby. This hotel had to move me three times in my first night stay to get somewhere where I could have some form of quiet at night, and I had to give up my balcony for it. The bottom part of two buildings are nightclubs that pound music until 3am even on weeknights. For those of us here for work, this is not a good option as we need rest! If you want to party, you will love it, if you have to work here, I highly recommend staying elsewhere. The hotel itself is pretty and the rooms are clean and basic. The noise is a real problem. The staff however, was very accommodating to move me immediately on request.

• Stayed April 2013
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear "Sweetvolt1,"

We kindly appreciate your honest feedback. We are sorry that there was a noise issue during your stay and that you had to be moved 3 times. The popular Red Room is only open from Thursday to Saturday. We do cater to large business group and individual business travelers. Our rooms are fully equipped with the latest technology suited for every type of traveler. In the beginning of 2012, we carried out a multi million dollar project on our windows which involved sound proofing the entire building. Since the completion of the project, we have received countless compliments from both leisure and business guests. However, I am so sorry to hear that the noise still affected you during your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have been staying in Miami (for a 2 night stay) every April for the last 4 years en route to the west coast of Florida. We always try a different hotel and booked the Shore Club a few days before we arrived.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by very friendly and attentive staff - Robert on Reception could not have been more helpful and welcoming (especially after the 90 mins wait in line at Miami Airport's Passport Control).
What was very unexpected (but very pleasing) was the fantastic outdoor pool area - it was very large with some great space, planting and atmosphere. (Normally the hotel pools in Miami are small and you feel claustrophobic, but not at the Shore Club). We also had a tasty pool side lunch - the vegetarian wrap was delicious.
Other good points were:
• The bed and the linen were both very comfortable.
• Room was quiet and we could not hear any other guests.
• We had an excellent corner room on the 8th floor overlooking the ocean. Even though there was no art on the bedroom walls, there was a bit of colour (yellow and white) which made it feel Miami! The room was a good size and had a wet room with a shower and bath.
• The breakfast buffet was not the most extensive, but it didn't matter has the food was great, in fact I had the best home-made granola I have ever had (too moorish!)
• The gym was well equipped with good natural light.
If I was being ultra picky they only thing that was disappointing is that housekeeping did not hoover the floor when they cleaned our room. I know this as we had brought some sand in our shoes from the beach (our fault) and I walked on it during the night, but apart from that very small point we had a really great stay and will come back.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a great ocean view balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "jv7007,"

WOW... thank you for this spectacular review about Shore Club!! Everything you mentioned just made our hearts melt. All the highlights such as: Robert, the Assistant Front Office Manager being helpful and welcoming, fantastic outdoor pool area, comfortable bed and linens, quiet room, best home-made granola, and the well equipped gym... goodness you can't get better than that!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit with HS friends this weekend. There was 3 of us in a room and honestly we could have all slept in the king sized bed. We got upgraded on arrival to Tower 5 which is the elavator above Nobu which was awesome (that's just how we roll haha.) The vibe is laid back and zen. The hotel has a stark and clean feeling lobby but exiting out the back door walking to the towers you are met with a beautiful fountain/garden aisle enclosed in foliage in brightly colored planters, it was like a little secret garden, I thought it was so cute and added the right touch after the contrast of the lobbies sterility. Bed was very comfie, no complaints about noise levels (we were the douches blaring music all weekend haha.) THe only beef I had was that when I checked in they didn't have a bellboy to cart your (really heavy) bags to the room and instead I had to lug them up the stairs to the next level cuz there's no other option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Andrea H,"

I am so happy you had a wonderful time at Shore Club with your high school friends! It is pretty cool having your room above Nobu... Most people request it because they love to come down from their room and having the swanky restaurant at their feet! We do apologize that you had to take your own luggage to the room. We have spoken to our bell team about this and they are truly sorry. We do have valet and bellmen on property 24/7 to help all our guests with their luggage. Next time you stay with us, we will for sure have a nice bellman assist you with your bags!

Wantagh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed there March 1st/2nd 2013 and when i booked the room for the px i paid, i sdaid to myself, "THIS had better be nice".....Well it was very nice in EVERY way. Still very pricey but no higher than the other top hotels in SoBe, & the rooms are decent size, unlike some of the other hotels(Um, can you say SLS? My buddies were there and when i walked down the block to meet them their rooms were like coffins, it was hilarious, and they were doubled up too which made it even funnier, i was by myself :) But they paid alot less though. But who cares you're in SoBe for the weekend you gotta do it up right, RIGHT? Too bad the weather was so poor otherwise it would have been the perfect weekend all around(hotel, location, food, friends, and the "sights") I'll definitely be going back next year, and my buddies will be staying there as well after having them see my set up, although SLS was cranking too. Sunday poolparty i missed because i had to fly out but my friends said it was really good.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the ocean(really NICE!) and NOT in the tower w/ the music at night. I still...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Patrick O,"

You are so thoughtful to say that Shore Club is very nice in every way! I am sorry it was cold weather during your stay and you missed our fabulous Sunday pool party but this just means you have something to look forward to when you come back next year!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at Shore Club from March 27th.-April 1st. 2013. This was an extremely busy time for the hotel. All there rooms were booked. We stayed above Nobu and were very pleased with our room. It was very clean and quite big. It was nicer than the pictures I saw prior to our trip. Very nice shower and very comfortable bed. Also I liked all the flowers and candles and the setting by the bar outside, very cute. It was my birthday and the hotel was nice enough to send up a complimentary bottle of sparkeling wine along with a birthday greeting.

During our stay our only complaint was the maid service. To begin with I made a call to be sure that our sheets were changed every day, but still I had to call again since it wasn't changed as requested. Also new bath products were not left in our bathroom each day, so I had to make calls about that problem too.

It was quite a vivid scene by the pool, and we were not able to get sun beds by the main pool any of the days we were there, but the beach was nice.

This is a nice but very expensive hotel. The drinks in the bar are were very expensive, and the drinks in the mini bar were also overpriced. But then again, all places in SoBe are expensive. I traveled with my boyfriend and his family aged 28-68, and we were all happy with the hotel and service. We were not able to get a table at Nobu, but the concierge service was one of the most professional I have experienced at any hotel I've ever stayed at. So be sure to ask for their help, if you have troubles with a reservation at a restaurant.

I would stay here again because of the location and the overall good vibe and nice rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "Louise H,"

Happy Late Birthday!! We are thrilled you had a fabulous stay and loved our location, good vibes, and the nice room. Also thank you for the sweet shout-out to our amazing concierge team. We do apologize about the issue with Housekeeping and not being able to get sun beds. The beds are on a first come/first serve basis! Hope we see you again soon!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!