“Amazing Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My new husband and I have been staying at the Shore Club for years. While we have tried other hotels in the area, nothing compares to the Shore Club when it comes to the service, the staff, beautiful accommodations, location and delicious food. Everyone at the Shore Club is fantastic, always friendly, greets you with care, goes out of their way to satisfy your needs, from the pool guys, cocktail waitresses, maid service, concierge, management, etc. so it's almost unfair to point anyone out in particular, but the ladies at the front desk are incredible, from La Toya, Sophie, Natalie, Nikki and the hotel manager, Lucy who consistently go out of their way time after time to ensure all of our needs are met. It's unusual year after year to see the same staff at a resort hotel, especially in a city as transient as Miami Beach. That says something to me about the hotel and their employees. Part of our decision for wanting to get married in Miami Beach was because of the Shore Club. While our wedding wasn't at the Shore Club, it was our chosen accommodation for our large group of guests. The rooms are spacious, the food is excellent, the property is beautiful and the staff is amazing. Not only did they extended a great group rate, but they really went over and above. It's quite remarkable to receive the personal attention and willingness to accommodate ones needs from a hotel as fun, beautiful and lively as the Shore Club. This is our home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and appointed beautifully.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dearest "JRachelle,"

Well thank you so much!! This is such a fantastic review about Shore Club and we are extremely flattered by all the great compliments you gave our staff! There is no doubt that Latoya, Sophia, Nikki, Natalie, and Ms. Lucy are all superstars! We will always be your home away from home...

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Shore Club in 1957, and again in April, 2012. When I reviewed the hotel last year, I stated that I am definitely not the average guest at the Shore Club. I am 68 years old, but I did find two people there older than I am! This year I am a "sort of" retired teacher, working on a special project in my inner-city high school, and I definitely needed my pampering and relaxation at the Shore Club.

The hotel has definitely come a long way since 1957. It’s still in the same great location, but there the similarities end. Last year I was totally impressed with the hotel. This year, I was even more impressed. My room was absolutely beautiful, with an ocean view and a balcony and a beautiful, huge bathroom. The bed was great, and that is important when you have a 68 year old back. The staff was exceptionally accommodating and friendly, from the managers to the pool and cleaning staff. Lucy, the manager, Emily, and Alexandra were among those who made me feel very special. I travel often, and the service at the Shore Club meets or exceeds service anywhere I have been in the world. I loved the restaurants, especially Nobu.

I loved the facilities, especially the swimming pools and the beach. There are two pools. I’m a lap swimmer, and I was able to swim laps every morning. The attendants at the pools and the beach were extremely friendly and helpful. One day I came down to the pool and there were no chairs available where I wanted to sit. The young lady (most everyone is young!) suggested that she would call me when there was an available lounge chair. I went down to the beach, and a few minutes later she called and had my lounge chair ready when I arrived back at the pool. I also went to the workout room, which is very nice.

The location is ideal. Although I had a car, I walked everywhere. Walking down Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive are the best! I plan to go back to this hotel every year. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who is young or young at heart!

Room Tip: An ocean front room is the way to go!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dearest "Susan N,"

Oh my goodness, you are such a dear! Thank you very much for continuing to be so loyal to Shore Club for all these years! We feel honored to have you in our hotel and you bring such a sincere and loving spirit. Lucy, Emily, and Alexandra send their love to you and can't wait to see you again next year! The lap pool is great for swimmers early in the morning so I'm so happy you enjoyed it. We are truly perfect for the young and the young at heart! See you again, hun!

Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hip resort with beautiful accommodations and friendly staff go to the Shore Club! This was my third time there and everything was just as I remembered it. Beautiful pools, excellent location and delicious food. Nobu is a must-do.

We held a business meeting there with 34 people from around the world and they loved it. The banquet staff was very responsive and accommodating and the GM, Lucy Martin, was great to work with. We already started to plan next years trip!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dearest "Cape_May_Local99,"

WOW... Aren't you a sweetheart!! We loved having you and your business meeting here! The banquet staff and Lucy Martin enjoyed working with you and we all can't wait to have you back again!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Shore Club in March, which happened to be Easter weekend. Overall, the rooms were clean and bright which was good, however the hotel/staff was a bit overwhelmed with the fully booked hotel. If going back, I would try not to stay at the Shore Club during this busy weekend which was overloaded with Spring Breakers.

When we arrived we were not able to check in right away, as they were still cleaning rooms, however they gave us comp drink cards. Overall the staff was very nice - in particular Tiffany who served us on the beach -- super sweet and accommodating!

Overall the Shore Club was nice, however if going back I would probably look to stay at the Delano or the W.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Alison P,"

We appreciate your honest feedback... Tiffany at the beach was thrilled wtih the nice comment you said about her! March is definitely the busiest month of the year for South Beach. Pretty much every hotel in the area is fully booked. Spring breakers love to come to Miami for their vacations so it is generally expected from travelers that all hotels on South Beach have more of a spring break theme. I can assure you that if you had of stayed at W or Delano, it would have been equally as busy with spring breakers. May I suggest that should you be returning to South Beach, come at a quieter time such as July or August so you can not feel overwhelmed. I am sorry that I did not get a chance to meet you while I was being the Easter Bunny and passing out sweet candy to our guests!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

amenities, staff, dining, drinks, and service - all top notch. i only say this calmly because it met my expectations by exceeding them.

i was there for a bachelor party and spent 99% of our time within the hotel complex because we had everything we needed there. we went from room, pool, beach, bar, and back.

hotel location is good for access to lincoln drive, and other pedestrian malls.

excellent pool parties too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Siduberoi,"

Thank you so much for this amazing review and saying that everything was top notch! We are so happy you spent almost all your time here at Shore Club for the bachelor party! Hope we get to see you and your group back again soon.

buffalo, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was there recently with my husband and son to attend a wedding in South Beach. The actual wedding was at the National a few blocks up, but most of the guests stayed at the Shore Club, it being the bride and groom's favorite south beach hotel. The lobby is very dramatic with white filmy curtains that flow from the ceiling in clusters around white comfy furniture which are clustered throughout, making for private areas to congregate and chat. Our room, which was actually a junior suite, was in the back corner in a separate building recently added or renovated. To get to it you had to walk through the back of the lobby into the beautiful gardens, bar, lounge areas and restaurants, and beyond to the pools and private beach exit/entrance. walk along shaded koi pools filled with lotus blossoms, hook a left past deep couches and lounging sofas lit with soft hurricane lamps in the evening, through the bar/restaurant Nobu, and hook a right to the elevators.
Our suite was on the second floor, right above the bar, with a view of the pool. I was worried it would be noisy at night because this is a very vibrant scene, as I said. It was absolutely quiet!!!
Our room (294) had two bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi, one with a shower. The decor is very minimal, no artwork on the walls, floors are a cool sage terrazzo, cementy type material. The beds are comfortable, the linens crisp and white. The bathrooms are loaded with plush towels and high end shampoos and such. There is an "amenties" basket as well as honor bar, and you all know the name of that tune. Don't touch if you don't want to pay. Our son slept on a rollaway bed in the first room of the suite. His only complaint was that there was no light in the room, only the ambient light from the vestibule fixture. At night, with the sliding door between the two rooms closed, the AC was strong in his room, but not so much in the Master room. But that being said, it was adequate for comfortable sleeping. I like it cold, but it was fine.
The housekeeping staff is very efficient, we always came back to the room being clean. The staff overall is very friendly and accommodating. Above all, the location really can't be beat. Right in the midst of all the excitement and drama that is South Beach. I can't really be honest about the value of this hotel, because we had an excellent rate for the block of rooms the bride arranged for. For us, it was a fantastic value!

Room Tip: only stayed in the "back" building, but the second floor, room 294, was quiet. i would gu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dearest "Rovingcarole,"

WOW is all I have to say! Your review beautifully describes our atmosphere and style. We loved having you here for the wedding party and glad had such a wonderful and luscious experience!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am never disappointed. Hip, Modern, Tropical, Trendy, Young (20's-young 40's) and the location is perfect. Your a 10 minute walk to all the hot spots and ocean drive. Some staff are pretentious, but as the years have gone on, I've noticed major improvement. I remember an extremely helpful bell hop named Fraiser who over the years has been promoted to management. Perhaps he is the reason for creating a more friendly environment. The one thing that gives this hotel major points is there ability to rectify problems. I ran into a few small issues that I found unacceptable and once I conveyed my concerned (nicely) they were either accommodated or we were given vouchers/upgrades as an apology. Not everything is guaranteed to run smoothly on any vacation, but it's nice to know that if problems arise, your not going to be blown off. If you have a positive attitude, they are willing to help. That to me is what separates a bad hotel with a good one. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Look for specials on Travelzoo. They don't come often, but when they do, you can AMAZING deals...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "JennJ986,"

This is such wonderful feedback, oh my goodness! So happy that you enjoyed everything and we were able to turn around those small issues! Thank you for highly recommending Shore Club... We are all ready for you to come back and see us!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!