“Many flaws , but love staying here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #39 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Paris, France
“Many flaws , but love staying here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

Yes the rooms are basic , but if you want a few days in the sun , for me you cant beach lazing by the pool at the shore club. Tried the Setai and Delano and ended up wishing was at the shore club.

The doorman are awful , so are the receptionists ... but pool staff are great and after a day there , easy access to Nobu on-site

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Door staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ShoreClubAdmin, Guest Services Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2008
Dear HarryParis_France,

I am happy to hear that you prefer our hotel over some of our neighboring competitors.

I would be very interested to hear the specifics of your interactions with our doorman and receptionists so that I can prevent it from happening in the future. If you find it agreeable, you may reach me at the hotel.

Sincerely

Nicolas James Black

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Oh my, I do not know where to start. I had fairly high expectations of this hotel based on reputation and price. I had the opportunity to stay at The Shore Club as part of a business conference being held by my company. The experience was disappointing.

The lobby is lovely, I'll give them that. But it is the facade to the ugliness that lies within. Poorly insulated so that you can hear every noise, chipped Ikea furnature in the rooms, peeling paint in the hallways, sub par bathroom products and a view of the maids' quarters are just some of the things that you can look forward to, $350+/night. Not to mention, the service is brutal - slow and rude.

The pool is gross - human soup - sweaty and packed shoulder to shoulder with drunk teenagers who are the "guests" of the older, rich "gentlemen" they are hanging off of. It was funny to watch, but also a bit sad.

I would only recommed this hotel to you if you currently own one or more of the DVD series, "Girls gone wild", and watch it frequently. Otherwise, run... run away fast. There are many other, nicer hotels along the strip where you don't step in puddles of drunk sick, at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon.

Stayed April 2008
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

Lasted one night. Check in started badly when they kept us waiting 3 hours as the original room was going to be noisy (their words not mine). After 3 hours they told us they only had the original room. Believe me, it was noisy!

Called reception and they moved us to a different room (thought they didn't have one right?) with apologies from the manager. It's now 5pm.

Went out for the evening then came back to the bar. Very cool place and just like numerous lounges that we frequent in New York. No problems there.

Been up since 6am due to flights so went back to the room at midnight. Tried to sleep. The floors, including the corridors are solid concrete and they echo, they really echo - no change that - they really really echo - especially when there is a continuos stream of idiots yelling down the corridors until 4am. The 2 inch gap at the bottom of the doors really doesn't help.

At 2.30 am I was up telling idiots to be quiet. They did quieten down, but then more arrived.

After getting a horrendous nights sleep we checked out and moved 4 blocks north to the new Gansevoort hotel. It is fantastic and in a different league to the Shore Club.

The Shore Club is living of its old reputation and with the Gansevoort and a new W Hotel arriving nearby it will soon find out customer service is expected at these prices.

To sum it up - a horrible experience from start to finish. Stay somewhere else, and go to the Shore Club for evening drinks if you want to experience it - nothing more.

• Liked — Checkout
  • Disliked — Noise, charge for WiFi (it's 2008!), checkin was lousy, concentrate too much on the scene and not on the clients
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delft, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

This hotel is one of those trendy places you like & love or you really dislike. It's more geared toward high level party people then actually being a good hotel. If you are into all night parties etc then you'll probably like it, if not go elsewhere. The rooms have airco but are small and there's sort of a concrete theme. It gives a kind of "stylish, jail-like hospital' feeling which i didn't like. Also the concrete is really loud if people just walk / talk in the hallway I woke up couple of times at night because of it. The bed in the room had a thin mattress and the closet is rather small, but it's equipped with a small safe. Wireless internet is available in the rooms. The pool scene is really nice, especially in the evening when the staff puts laterns and candles everywhere. but the prices of drinks etc are high. I would definitely rate this hotel as a "party place". Room prices are in the high ranges and bottom line is that you don't get value good for your money here. Personally I would not go back here, there is a doubletree two blocks down the same road if you are looking for an alternative.

• Liked — Poolscene
  • Disliked — Room size / and concrete design
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

I stayed here for a week. The hotel's interiour is simply ambient, decadents and beautiful. Fron the flowing white muslin and large lanterns to the moorish sky bar garden with an infinity pool surrounded by Moroccan double beds. It is simply heavenly to be staying here.

Obviously it is not cheap in the bar/restaurat - but that is not surprising. The Grey Goose Martini's are mixed perfectly. The service could not be faulted and was conducted with unassuming class and professionalism.

I had a standard double room all in white decor apart from the the splash of tangerine orange of the bin and toothbrish holder. There was a minibar and basket of other Shore Club accessories such as t-shirts and bikini's wrapped into very small packages with a relatively reasonable price tag.. The floor was mable along with the bathroom so was nice and cooling.

The Shore Club is a haven during the day but at night the Sky Bar and VIP Red Room fill with 'A' list celebs and models - very tough to get in unless you look the part - but of course this is not as issue if you are a guest!

I am returning again this year and can not wait to expreience the Shore Club again.!

• Liked — The Chic Decadent design and feel
  • Disliked — it is not cheap
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

My husband recently had a conference in Miami so I tagged along to enjoy a hotel on his company's bill. He had reserved a standard room, but was upgraded to an oceanview with balcony. It was pretty big, clean, and comfortable enough. There was no sheet on the bed (just plain white down comforter) which I thought was odd. I can't comment upon front desk service as he checked in before I arrived, but the bellhops were always extremely friendly and helpful. The pool and beach staff were okay. The people getting chairs were helpful, but the beach waitress forgot our order and I had to chase her down. She was not remotely apologetic, and people right next to us that ordered at same time got food about 30 min before. So not worth it for a $25 chicken wrap and fries! Next time I'd run the the French bakery down the street and pack a picnic before heading to the beach. We didn't eat at either restaurant, as we have a Nobu where we live and wanted to explore South Beach anyways. The Sky Bar was fun, and noise didn't bother me in our room because I always wear earplugs anyways. Overall, I think the negative reviews seem a bit harsh, but again, I wasn't paying out of my own pocket.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at the Shore Club for a week in February 2008 for our wedding and honeymoon. We had a fantastic stay and cannot fault the hotel. Our original room did not have the best view (and overlooked an extractor fan!) but we were moved to a better room ,next door to my sister ,on the day of asking.
The service in all areas was very good,especially the front desk, who dealt wth our travel company for us on a number of occasions. We always managed to get a lounger by the pool or on the beach, and found the hotel to be well located. We used valet parking a few times, especially when we needed unlimited take-outs, but tended to park in the nearby public parking garage if we weren't taking the car out that day, as it was $16 opposed to $40- a considerable saving.
The atmosphere and ambience makes this feel like a special place to stay, and we would say that at night we heard no unwanted noise from the bar, as previous people have commented. Around the pool was a little pretentious, which is what some people want I guess, but we tended to get a lounger around the smaller pool or on the beach, which was more chilled out, and were even frequented by a number of children with their Shore Club beach balls!
I would recommend staying here for a special stay or if money is no object.

• Liked — The spacious bathrooms with fabulous showers.
  • Disliked — All the items for sale in the room.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!