“Exotic Feel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Exotic Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am never disappointed. Hip, Modern, Tropical, Trendy, Young (20's-young 40's) and the location is perfect. Your a 10 minute walk to all the hot spots and ocean drive. Some staff are pretentious, but as the years have gone on, I've noticed major improvement. I remember an extremely helpful bell hop named Fraiser who over the years has been promoted to management. Perhaps he is the reason for creating a more friendly environment. The one thing that gives this hotel major points is there ability to rectify problems. I ran into a few small issues that I found unacceptable and once I conveyed my concerned (nicely) they were either accommodated or we were given vouchers/upgrades as an apology. Not everything is guaranteed to run smoothly on any vacation, but it's nice to know that if problems arise, your not going to be blown off. If you have a positive attitude, they are willing to help. That to me is what separates a bad hotel with a good one. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Look for specials on Travelzoo. They don't come often, but when they do, you can AMAZING deals...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dearest "JennJ986,"

This is such wonderful feedback, oh my goodness! So happy that you enjoyed everything and we were able to turn around those small issues! Thank you for highly recommending Shore Club... We are all ready for you to come back and see us!

1,521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We just got back from a stay at the Shore Club for my sister's wedding in SOBE. We stayed at the hotel because that's where the bride, my sister, was staying. After reading some of these reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, the Shore Club exceeded all of my expectations. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a hotel snob and I was traveling with my 18 month old, so I'm a bit particular. The hotel was beautiful, the room was spotless, the linens were lovely and the amenities were perfect. I was more than pleasantly surprised. However, what really made the experience for me was the customer service. The customer service is definitely in line with a 4/5 star hotel. Any issue we had was immediately resolved. One of the hotel staff must have informed the manager that our hot water had been taking a little while to come on, so the manager called me and issued me a hotel credit (without me even asking for anything). Also, the front desk staff are AMAZING. I have to give a shout out to Latoya because she bent over backwards to accomodate the needs of our large party. She definitely pulled a rabbit or two out of her hat a time when the hotel was completely sold out and she did it with a big smile on her face. It's this kind of customer service that makes a hotel worth going back to time and time again.

I also have to give a shout out to the pool and beach staff. They are amazing and lovely and got us chairs everyday (even though the hotel was sold out).

Also, Terraza is absolutely delicious for lunch and dinner (especially dinner)! It's a MUST eat at least once during your stay.

This hotel definitely has the right formula and I really don't know where these negative reviews come from. We will definitely come back, but probably leave our daughter at home next time.

Dearest "TravelG112,"

Thank you my dear for this fabulous post about Shore Club! We are beyond happy that you and your sister had a fantastic time! Latoya is such an amazing Supervisor and loved every minute helping out the wedding party. Thank you for the sweet mentions of our pool and beach staff. Also, we are so excited you enjoyed our Terrazza... it is very delicious! Can't wait to see you again!!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent a great weekend in Miami at the shore club. excellent food, pool is fantastic with a great pool party on saturday and Sunday. Room are luxurious with amazing ocean view. The beach is wonderful, sunchairs are complementary. We also did some jetski on the bay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Igenini,"

Well aren't you just the kindest! Thanks so much for this amazing review.... I couldn't have said it better myself! See you hopefully soon. We will be waiting for you!

Momalita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Shore club for a family wedding. This hotel is NOT geared towards families at all. The target market is 20 somethings who have a penchant for alcohol. Upon arrival our credit card was charged an extra $150 for sundry items (to be credited upon a post check-out inventory). We requested a rollaway bed be brought up to the room. This was done after four requests and they charged us an additional $25 per night.
The room was spacious (one of the reasons the bride selected this hotel) and quite modern. The sound proofing however, was lacking- we heard the neighbors next door all three nights when they came in at 4:00 AM and even called the front desk to ask for their assistance.
A few of the wedding guests talked about basket in the room, and the Uncle of the bride was appalled that his 91 y.o.mother (grand mother of the bride) might discover this basket. Some of the items included an erotic vibrating pleasure ring, a mini vari-speed vibrator, condoms etc. Unfortunately, the hotel could not supply us with extra shampoo (we had to ask) or a second roll of toilet paper.
Also, the hotel neglected to tell us that on Sundays they have a Beach Party and (for a fee) invite the entire city of Miami. So, if you wanted to spend a nice day at the pool or on a chaise lounge, it was next to impossible b/c the hotel rented out the pool for the day and did not bother telling its paying guests about it. At check-out I was asked about my stay and mentioned the Sunday pool situation lack of communication by the management. The desk clerk immediately lifted the $25 per day roll away charges. However, I do not feel that this charge should have been there in the first place.
If this is a luxury hotel I can only imagine what a lower end hotel must be like.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear "Momalita,"

Thank you for staying with us during this special time with your family. First off, I can say that we are very popular with families and we have many special amenities and activities for children at Shore Club. As is standard in all hotels on South Beach, we do place a hold on every guest's credit card upon arrival. This is to allow guests to charge items on to their room accounts from our restaurants and bars from our hotel. This is so guests can pay their entire bill at check out instead of carrying cash and credit cards with them at all times in the hotel. I am sorry you had to request a roll away several times. We are addressing this with our Housekeeping Department. It is standard across the hotel industry to charge an extra fee for a roll away bed. However I am happy this charge was removed at your checkout as a gesture of good will. We do supply a variety of gifts available for purchase in the room and one of those gifts is an intimacy kit. We do have many guests that compliment us on having these items. However, I would like to add the contents of the intimacy kit are concealed until you open it. I am sorry the bride's grandmother was offended after she opened it. We do indeed have a very famous pool party on Sundays and this is advertised throughout the hotel and our website. I apologize that Shore Club was not the right fit for you.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were down in Florida this weekend for a wedding. The wedding party was booked into the shore club although the wedding itself was at the National down the block. This is an expensive but trendy place in South beach area. The lobby was nothing to look at I first thought it was under construction but they wrapped the poles in the lobby in fabric. The room was a good size cement floor and big bathroom also cement floor modern but a cold feeling. We had asked for a day bed as my daughter was staying with us. We had to ask multiple times before it was delivered. The maid service was very hit or miss. They did not replace the shampoo we had to ask. The did renew the towels but did not bring any face towels. Unforgivably the toilet paper ran out and there was no second role. The lights in the bathroom were partially out. The hotel is really geared more to 20-30 year olds. The pool area had loud music and lot of scantily dressed people uh um doing the modern version of the mating dance. I enjoyed the show but my wife did not. The pool area was extremely crowded on Sunday at it was open to the public for a pool party that day. None of this was bad ( well except the lack of toilet paper) if this is what you wanted and expected. It was not what we wanted nor expected so I have to say it was a poor experience.

Dear "David7267,"

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are so sorry you did not have a good time with us. The lobby is known as our Decompression Chamber where our guests feel relaxed and at ease from the busy outside life. We are so sorry the servicing of your room was not up to standard and we are currently reviewing our procedures with our housekeeping team. Like all hotels in South Beach, we are popular with the younger clientele however, we pride ourselves in welcoming guests from all walks of life. Our Sunday pool parties are especially popular and people from all over come to hang out with our amazing staff. Once again, thank you for your honest review and we hope to welcome you back in the future. I will be more than happy to look over your stay.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel early April. The service was excellent. Julian at the restaurant took really good care of us during lunch, even going above and beyond to treat us with tea and coffee! Overall, all the staff was courteous, helpful and smiling at all times.
The room was clean, good job on the housekeeping side.
The only negative comment would be the pool and beach menu. Food was not so good. However, the menu and food at the restaurant was really tasty!
Will definitely book this hotel again when I'm in South Beach.

Room Tip: Loft suite was large and sunny, with sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "MHBLV,"

Oh thank you so much!! We are all thrilled you had such a great time! Julian at Terrazza is a superstar and knows how to deliver the best service. He appreciates your feedback and so does your Shore Club Family. Can't wait to see you next time!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited many SoBe Hotels and the Shore must be my very favorite one - the feeling of being at home is there with the great atmosphere created by the staff_ we particularly enjoy the attention to the details in the rooms with great bathroom products and very comfortable pillows_dont miss the in house restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "YOusM,"

We are so flattered to be your favorite hotel in South Beach! Whoop Whoop!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!