“Sex Toys for sale but no Toilet Paper or Shampoo” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #42 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Momalita
“Sex Toys for sale but no Toilet Paper or Shampoo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Shore club for a family wedding. This hotel is NOT geared towards families at all. The target market is 20 somethings who have a penchant for alcohol. Upon arrival our credit card was charged an extra $150 for sundry items (to be credited upon a post check-out inventory). We requested a rollaway bed be brought up to the room. This was done after four requests and they charged us an additional $25 per night.
The room was spacious (one of the reasons the bride selected this hotel) and quite modern. The sound proofing however, was lacking- we heard the neighbors next door all three nights when they came in at 4:00 AM and even called the front desk to ask for their assistance.
A few of the wedding guests talked about basket in the room, and the Uncle of the bride was appalled that his 91 y.o.mother (grand mother of the bride) might discover this basket. Some of the items included an erotic vibrating pleasure ring, a mini vari-speed vibrator, condoms etc. Unfortunately, the hotel could not supply us with extra shampoo (we had to ask) or a second roll of toilet paper.
Also, the hotel neglected to tell us that on Sundays they have a Beach Party and (for a fee) invite the entire city of Miami. So, if you wanted to spend a nice day at the pool or on a chaise lounge, it was next to impossible b/c the hotel rented out the pool for the day and did not bother telling its paying guests about it. At check-out I was asked about my stay and mentioned the Sunday pool situation lack of communication by the management. The desk clerk immediately lifted the $25 per day roll away charges. However, I do not feel that this charge should have been there in the first place.
If this is a luxury hotel I can only imagine what a lower end hotel must be like.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear "Momalita,"

Thank you for staying with us during this special time with your family. First off, I can say that we are very popular with families and we have many special amenities and activities for children at Shore Club. As is standard in all hotels on South Beach, we do place a hold on every guest's credit card upon arrival. This is to allow guests to charge items on to their room accounts from our restaurants and bars from our hotel. This is so guests can pay their entire bill at check out instead of carrying cash and credit cards with them at all times in the hotel. I am sorry you had to request a roll away several times. We are addressing this with our Housekeeping Department. It is standard across the hotel industry to charge an extra fee for a roll away bed. However I am happy this charge was removed at your checkout as a gesture of good will. We do supply a variety of gifts available for purchase in the room and one of those gifts is an intimacy kit. We do have many guests that compliment us on having these items. However, I would like to add the contents of the intimacy kit are concealed until you open it. I am sorry the bride's grandmother was offended after she opened it. We do indeed have a very famous pool party on Sundays and this is advertised throughout the hotel and our website. I apologize that Shore Club was not the right fit for you.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were down in Florida this weekend for a wedding. The wedding party was booked into the shore club although the wedding itself was at the National down the block. This is an expensive but trendy place in South beach area. The lobby was nothing to look at I first thought it was under construction but they wrapped the poles in the lobby in fabric. The room was a good size cement floor and big bathroom also cement floor modern but a cold feeling. We had asked for a day bed as my daughter was staying with us. We had to ask multiple times before it was delivered. The maid service was very hit or miss. They did not replace the shampoo we had to ask. The did renew the towels but did not bring any face towels. Unforgivably the toilet paper ran out and there was no second role. The lights in the bathroom were partially out. The hotel is really geared more to 20-30 year olds. The pool area had loud music and lot of scantily dressed people uh um doing the modern version of the mating dance. I enjoyed the show but my wife did not. The pool area was extremely crowded on Sunday at it was open to the public for a pool party that day. None of this was bad ( well except the lack of toilet paper) if this is what you wanted and expected. It was not what we wanted nor expected so I have to say it was a poor experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear "David7267,"

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are so sorry you did not have a good time with us. The lobby is known as our Decompression Chamber where our guests feel relaxed and at ease from the busy outside life. We are so sorry the servicing of your room was not up to standard and we are currently reviewing our procedures with our housekeeping team. Like all hotels in South Beach, we are popular with the younger clientele however, we pride ourselves in welcoming guests from all walks of life. Our Sunday pool parties are especially popular and people from all over come to hang out with our amazing staff. Once again, thank you for your honest review and we hope to welcome you back in the future. I will be more than happy to look over your stay.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel early April. The service was excellent. Julian at the restaurant took really good care of us during lunch, even going above and beyond to treat us with tea and coffee! Overall, all the staff was courteous, helpful and smiling at all times.
The room was clean, good job on the housekeeping side.
The only negative comment would be the pool and beach menu. Food was not so good. However, the menu and food at the restaurant was really tasty!
Will definitely book this hotel again when I'm in South Beach.

Room Tip: Loft suite was large and sunny, with sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dearest "MHBLV,"

Oh thank you so much!! We are all thrilled you had such a great time! Julian at Terrazza is a superstar and knows how to deliver the best service. He appreciates your feedback and so does your Shore Club Family. Can't wait to see you next time!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited many SoBe Hotels and the Shore must be my very favorite one - the feeling of being at home is there with the great atmosphere created by the staff_ we particularly enjoy the attention to the details in the rooms with great bathroom products and very comfortable pillows_dont miss the in house restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "YOusM,"

We are so flattered to be your favorite hotel in South Beach! Whoop Whoop!

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed four nights in a loft junior suite double queen room. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. The rooms are sparse in terms of decorations, but the minimalist approach was actually a welcome departure from your standard hotel room. Rooms were very quiet.

The hotel staff I encountered were all very helpful and had great attitudes. Natalie at the front desk was great and very patient with my questions and requests. Sebastian at the valet stand made sure a cab was ready for us before we came down from the room at 7 a.m. to leave for the airport. Our trip would not have been as enjoyable if it weren't for Ken, at the concierge desk. He was the absolute best and provided excellent recommendations! I had a quick treatment at the spa. Beautiful view from the spa patio. Spa staff were incredibly friendly. Bottom line, the staff make the hotel!

The hotel location is within easy walking distance to many restaurants and the Lincoln Road Mall for shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Rajj976,"

Wow, you are so sweet! It is true... we do have the most fabulous staff! Thank you for the shout-outs to Natalie, Sebastian, and Ken. Hurry back and come see us!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Shore Club and this time was even better than the last. My sister and I decided to visit for my birthday (June 19-21). The staff at the hotel made my stay perfect. Everyone was attentive and went above and beyond including providing me with complimentary tea when I was sick. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

I stay at MHG Hotels often and feel that the Miami properties all exceed MHG standards. My only complaint was that I could tell that the hotel had aged slightly (the first time I stayed was in 2003) but not too badly. The hotel room was actually very nice considering its older than their other property Mondrian which is much newer (I stayed there in 2009).

I would like to give an extra special thank you to the concierge Reo, Natahly, Mirena in room service, service and Latoya and Nicki at the front desk. Because of them I will definitely return to shore club.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "MissTiffee619,"

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! That was so kind of our room service team to deliver you complimentary tea while you were not feeling well. Also Reo, Nathaly, Mirena, Latoya, and Nikki were alll delighted to see your lovely comments. Can't wait to see you again for your 3rd trip to Shore Club!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My stay at The Shore Club was pretty good.

Pros: The room was really cool (whirpool tub, nice robes, concrete floors) and I thought it was really spacious. The service at the Front Desk was great as were the bell hops - we needed to stor our luggage because we got in very early. The concrete floors are probably not great if you plan to bring young kids, but this is mostly an adult hotel which was great for me.

Cons: The pool is a total scene - which might be a Pro for many others. After 2pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday there is a ton of house music, hard bodies and expensive cocktails flying around. I found it tough just to go relax in the Jacuzzi. The service at the evening bar (after the pool closed) was painfully slow - but that happens a lot in Miami since the tip is automatically included.

Overall, a good experience and a great alternative to the Deleno if you are looking for a hip scene.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dearest "Maf908285,"

Wow! Thank you for the fabulous feedback about our hip scene, spacious rooms, and great service! On the weekends, our pool scene is definitely jamming! But we do have a beach pool behind the main pool which is a great alternative if you are not into the action at the main pool. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!