“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Jose, California
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed four nights in a loft junior suite double queen room. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. The rooms are sparse in terms of decorations, but the minimalist approach was actually a welcome departure from your standard hotel room. Rooms were very quiet.

The hotel staff I encountered were all very helpful and had great attitudes. Natalie at the front desk was great and very patient with my questions and requests. Sebastian at the valet stand made sure a cab was ready for us before we came down from the room at 7 a.m. to leave for the airport. Our trip would not have been as enjoyable if it weren't for Ken, at the concierge desk. He was the absolute best and provided excellent recommendations! I had a quick treatment at the spa. Beautiful view from the spa patio. Spa staff were incredibly friendly. Bottom line, the staff make the hotel!

The hotel location is within easy walking distance to many restaurants and the Lincoln Road Mall for shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dearest "Rajj976,"

Wow, you are so sweet! It is true... we do have the most fabulous staff! Thank you for the shout-outs to Natalie, Sebastian, and Ken. Hurry back and come see us!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Shore Club and this time was even better than the last. My sister and I decided to visit for my birthday (June 19-21). The staff at the hotel made my stay perfect. Everyone was attentive and went above and beyond including providing me with complimentary tea when I was sick. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

I stay at MHG Hotels often and feel that the Miami properties all exceed MHG standards. My only complaint was that I could tell that the hotel had aged slightly (the first time I stayed was in 2003) but not too badly. The hotel room was actually very nice considering its older than their other property Mondrian which is much newer (I stayed there in 2009).

I would like to give an extra special thank you to the concierge Reo, Natahly, Mirena in room service, service and Latoya and Nicki at the front desk. Because of them I will definitely return to shore club.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "MissTiffee619,"

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! That was so kind of our room service team to deliver you complimentary tea while you were not feeling well. Also Reo, Nathaly, Mirena, Latoya, and Nikki were alll delighted to see your lovely comments. Can't wait to see you again for your 3rd trip to Shore Club!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My stay at The Shore Club was pretty good.

Pros: The room was really cool (whirpool tub, nice robes, concrete floors) and I thought it was really spacious. The service at the Front Desk was great as were the bell hops - we needed to stor our luggage because we got in very early. The concrete floors are probably not great if you plan to bring young kids, but this is mostly an adult hotel which was great for me.

Cons: The pool is a total scene - which might be a Pro for many others. After 2pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday there is a ton of house music, hard bodies and expensive cocktails flying around. I found it tough just to go relax in the Jacuzzi. The service at the evening bar (after the pool closed) was painfully slow - but that happens a lot in Miami since the tip is automatically included.

Overall, a good experience and a great alternative to the Deleno if you are looking for a hip scene.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dearest "Maf908285,"

Wow! Thank you for the fabulous feedback about our hip scene, spacious rooms, and great service! On the weekends, our pool scene is definitely jamming! But we do have a beach pool behind the main pool which is a great alternative if you are not into the action at the main pool. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hi, I am an early riser so didn't mind getting to the pool right when it opens to reserve a spot for myself. The staff gives chairs to whomever gets there first, then you are free to wander, get breakfast, etc and come back to the chair whenever. As a result, within 20 minutes the pool is deserted but all the chairs are "reserved." I can't tell you how many fights I then saw break out between staff and guests. I don't have a problem with the policy, but you need to ***tell people when they check in*** what the deal is! Then I don't have to listen to that conversation over and over and your great staff doesn't have to deal with it :) Other than that, everything was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dearest "Entrecote99,"

Thank you for this review! I am glad you enjoyed everything! Our pool and beach chairs are on a first come/first serve basis and can only be reserved for 30 minutes if the guest is not physically occupying the chairs. We do let our guests know at check-in if they inquire about the chair situation! Hope to see you again soon!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

i changed hotels after the week of wmc in miami and was a bit hesitant to book into shore club because of the high price, but it was absolutely worth every cent. the second i walked in and took a spot on one of the beds by the pool, i immediately relaxed into my time there - more than i had since arriving in miami several days earlier. the rooms are nicely appointed (though a bit on the small side) but the best part was the beautiful facilities you get to use as a guest at the hotel and the fantastic friendly staff and service you receive. the grounds are absolutely beautiful - the pool, the landscaping, the courtyard - the hotel lends itself to rest and relaxation and it's a treat to stay there. they have a decent gym and cute bathrooms. as mentioned, the service is great - i found everyone there to be friendly, pleasant, and genuinely happy to help you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "LCY,"

Well bless your heart.... Aren't you just the loveliest! Thank you for this splendid review about Shore Club. It makes our day just knowing that you had a wonderful stay with plenty of rest & relaxation. Our friendly, pleasant, and genuine staff will be happy to assist you again on your next stay with us!

Firenze
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Shore club is an awful accomodation in town.
Service, from the check in, is incredible. I had printed my booking number and They had me waiting for 25 minutes before saying, yes we have your room, our mistake sit, sorry!!!
Breakfast is ugly, rooms old and dirty, but the worst is the swimming pool.
We had 7 rooms for 7 days and everytime They did not give us a chance to enjoy the swimming pool.
Location is great, Nobu very expensive but great, but the service and the efficency is really bad

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dearest "Rotchko,"

Thank you for your review and I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. We have desperately tried to research your review and we are unable to find any block of 7 rooms for 7 days during the month of March. Our swimming pool is famous especially for its parties and we have never had a comment such as this especially about a guest not being able to enjoy our swimming pool. I have sent you a personal message so that I can try and track down your reservation. As of right now we are not able to find it. I hope to hear from you soon.

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff including room service,housekeeping,front desk and concierge were oustanding
Management has instilled a very thoughtful and caring staff culture
Melissa Eastman the concierge is very special
She made some great restaurant suggestions and offered many great tips for shopping etc
We picked a poor time to visit as we are not fans of disco music and the electronic music fest was in full force
Check out hrs of operation for disco as it is difficult to escape the noise
We were moved to an upper floor

Room Tip: Poolside Disco can be very noisy book an upper floor