“Perfect Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reims, France
“Perfect Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It was my second time at Shore Club, and I am not use to writing reviews, but the place is really amazing. The rooms are comfortables but classy and elegant, with everything you need. And they add a fun touch to it. Basically it is for me the perfect balance between fun and great service. People are so nice too. And the pool area is just perfect. I enjoyed the food too, on the terrace right newt to the pool. Icing on the cake, the crazy pool party on Sunday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dearest "Pedro B,"

Thank you for this fantastic review!! Having you stay with us again is like the icing on the cake for us! Please come back again soon for that perfect balance of fun and great service.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
La Plata, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were told there would be a dj everyday at pool. Not the case, it's only on weekends. Even during spring break! Also, we weren't allowed to reserve the pool seats. We paid more for a beautiful ocean view room and instead our view was mostly of other buildings roofs. Staff not so friendly nor helpful!!!!!! Paid $5.00 gratuity on a coffee to go from restaurant in morning!!! Hotel over priced. Would never recommen!

Room Tip: If u request ocean front. Ask for a higher level in the building . Still not the best view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Smirabile,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. Feedback from our guests, be it good or bad, is so important to us and serves as a vital tool for us to improve.

I am so sorry that you were given incorrect information regarding the presence of a DJ at the pool. During the year we do have a DJ for the pool party every Sunday. However during certain times of the year we have a DJ on several days of the week. For example for the last 10 days we have had a DJ on multiple days of the week for for the Ultra/Winter Music Conference and the pool parties have been a complete success.

It is standard practise in all hotels on Miami Beach that pool chairs cannot be reserved and this is done to ensure that every guest has an opportunity to get pool chairs on a first come first serve basis. However we do offer cabana beds to be reserved with a minimum spend of $500 plus.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am sorry that Shore Club was not the right hotel for you.

Best,

DJ
'Genie'
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Outstanding spot in Miami Beach, especially for the younger crowd (upper 20s, 30s). The hotel is upscale but still lively. Accommodations are sleek, clean, well kept. The grounds offer a very Miami vibe with all white decor and several hip pools. While all of Miami Beach is always a party atmosphere, if you want more of a quiet experience, head to the beach. The staff is very polite, helpful, and accommodating to all needs, including the beach and pool staff. Of all the days at the pool and beach with various servers and staff however, Rosie stands out, very sweet and fun girl, and made the days much more enjoyable.

You cant go wrong with the Shore Club. Prices are high, but so too are they everywhere else in South Beach.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is worth the price
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Dan S,"

You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for posting this lovely review and your kind comments about Rosie! She is definitely a jewel! Please come back asap.... we are already missing you!

Dorothy Jean
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed on our honeymoon for 4 night. The room was clean, cool and compact and the hotel was trendy. But way overpriced. We paid $85 for the worst breakfast all holiday. Also the bartenders need to learn how to make a good drink because they were not good at all

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Sophie G,"

Congratulations! Glad that you spend your Honeymoon with us but we do apologize that you did not enjoy our drinks. Hope to see you back again for your anniversaries!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the shore club with a few friends over spring break and overall we were very satisfied with the hotel. It's located in a great place- a block from Lincoln road and not too far from the public beach either. Everything is within walking distance, which is great because Miami traffic is horrible and the weather is so beautiful. The hotel offers plenty to do, including complimentary bikes which were so much fun! The waitresses on the beach were helpful and fast and the towel services were great. The staff was friendly and engaging. The concierge was more than willing to help us find affordable places to eat and things to do. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms might be small, but if you're in Miami, you're not staying in the room! I'd sa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Soniya S,"

Wow.. thank you for all these great comments! We are thrilled you had a great Spring Break at Shore Club. Hurry up and come stay with us again!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after our cruise. If you like to party, this is the place to be. The party by the swimming pool was rocking. The rooms very spacious and clean. Just don't expect a lot of sleep when here. Repeat, it's a party place. Can hear the music from my room as I write this. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013
Dearest "RickyB,"

Thank you for great review! We do have excellent music out by our pool especially on Sunday for our "Shore Thing" pool party! Come back again soon and please stay longer than one night!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every year I attend a large conference at the Convention Center, and every year I try a different hotel in the hopes that will "work" for me. And each year I fail. I'm just trying to feel comfortable and not out of place. Whatever happened to those beautiful Florida resorts of days gone by?

Half of the lobby is taken up by these long white drapes that do nothing but, well, take up space. I've never seen more uncomfortable chairs in my life -- and not just in the lobby. They are in the seating areas and by the pool. The chaise loungers are literally on the ground (guess they ran out of wood).

I was very surprised to find out during check in that they were going to charge my credit card -- up front -- $150/day for incidentals. I usually don't mind the industry standard of placing a hold on a credit card; I found this out of line (and the conference booking agency didn't mention this at all).

I asked for, and did receive, a quiet room which ended up in the 'back of house" portion of the hotel. It is a long walk back, plus I noticed that it wasn't ADA accessible (there are stairs everywhere and I didn't see a ramp). My room was on the seventh floor. I had booked a King Deluxe but the bed was a queen. The room appeared clean enough. It had one of those showers that is totally frosted glass -- the glass is the wall between your bedroom area and the bath. Takes getting used to. There isn't anywhere at all to put your things in the shower -- no hook, ledge, seat -- nothing. I ended up turning a garbage can upside down. The rest of the amenities in the room were just fine. The location was quiet until other guests checked into the rooms next door. Every door slam, every chair scraped, every item dropped in other rooms really sounds as if it is in YOUR room. I think it is the flooring they installed: it looks like some kind of concrete tile. At some points I swore someone was in the room with me!

Other amenities in the room: stocked mini-bar; iron and ironing board, large selection of "for charge" amenity items such as bandaids, snacks etc. $7.00 flip flops (with a warning that if the seal is broken you'll have to pay for them OFF COURSE THE SEAL WAS ALREADY BROKEN ON THEM), safe, hairdryer, flatscreen TV, white noise machine, alarm clock/iPod player.

When I arrived I had to wait for my room, so I had a $24 chicken sandwich by the pool area. Very crowded with lots of young hipster types. Ditto when my two colleagues joined me before their flight home: lots and lots of thongs and speedos!

This hotel has the famous Nobu restaurant. At night the outdoor area is lit up with candles etc and music is loud and lots of partying going on. SIGH. Again, I'm going to have to try to find a "regular" hotel -- at a decent price -- for next year.

All of the service personnel were pleasant.

Oh, and the breakfast buffet ended up costing $30 w/ tax and tip per person. Really? The food was just "ok" for breakfast; but I rated it the way I did because of the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "Up4travel,"

Thank you for your honest feedback. We would like to apologize that Shore Club did not "work" for you. The long white drapes in the lobby are beautifully designed to separate the different seating areas in the lobby and to help decompress the guest as they are walking into our hotel. I am sorry you felt the drapes took up too much space. The low chaise lounge chairs are meant to lower to the floor, not because we ran out of wood. Also the authorization of the $150 per day for the incidentals/security deposit is standard for most every hotel on South Beach. It is required at check in for each guest. Our hotel is in fact ADA accessible for guests. If anyone is needing assistance, we will gladly show them the proper elevators and ramps to use. This is Miami so of course there are people wearing bikini thongs and speedos on the beach! We apologize again that you have not found us to be your "regular hotel." We wish you the best of luck next year when you are looking for another spot during your convention.

Dorothy Jean 'DJ"