“Shore Club Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Shore Club Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the shore club with a few friends over spring break and overall we were very satisfied with the hotel. It's located in a great place- a block from Lincoln road and not too far from the public beach either. Everything is within walking distance, which is great because Miami traffic is horrible and the weather is so beautiful. The hotel offers plenty to do, including complimentary bikes which were so much fun! The waitresses on the beach were helpful and fast and the towel services were great. The staff was friendly and engaging. The concierge was more than willing to help us find affordable places to eat and things to do. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms might be small, but if you're in Miami, you're not staying in the room! I'd sa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dearest "Soniya S,"

Wow.. thank you for all these great comments! We are thrilled you had a great Spring Break at Shore Club. Hurry up and come stay with us again!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night after our cruise. If you like to party, this is the place to be. The party by the swimming pool was rocking. The rooms very spacious and clean. Just don't expect a lot of sleep when here. Repeat, it's a party place. Can hear the music from my room as I write this. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013
Dearest "RickyB,"

Thank you for great review! We do have excellent music out by our pool especially on Sunday for our "Shore Thing" pool party! Come back again soon and please stay longer than one night!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every year I attend a large conference at the Convention Center, and every year I try a different hotel in the hopes that will "work" for me. And each year I fail. I'm just trying to feel comfortable and not out of place. Whatever happened to those beautiful Florida resorts of days gone by?

Half of the lobby is taken up by these long white drapes that do nothing but, well, take up space. I've never seen more uncomfortable chairs in my life -- and not just in the lobby. They are in the seating areas and by the pool. The chaise loungers are literally on the ground (guess they ran out of wood).

I was very surprised to find out during check in that they were going to charge my credit card -- up front -- $150/day for incidentals. I usually don't mind the industry standard of placing a hold on a credit card; I found this out of line (and the conference booking agency didn't mention this at all).

I asked for, and did receive, a quiet room which ended up in the 'back of house" portion of the hotel. It is a long walk back, plus I noticed that it wasn't ADA accessible (there are stairs everywhere and I didn't see a ramp). My room was on the seventh floor. I had booked a King Deluxe but the bed was a queen. The room appeared clean enough. It had one of those showers that is totally frosted glass -- the glass is the wall between your bedroom area and the bath. Takes getting used to. There isn't anywhere at all to put your things in the shower -- no hook, ledge, seat -- nothing. I ended up turning a garbage can upside down. The rest of the amenities in the room were just fine. The location was quiet until other guests checked into the rooms next door. Every door slam, every chair scraped, every item dropped in other rooms really sounds as if it is in YOUR room. I think it is the flooring they installed: it looks like some kind of concrete tile. At some points I swore someone was in the room with me!

Other amenities in the room: stocked mini-bar; iron and ironing board, large selection of "for charge" amenity items such as bandaids, snacks etc. $7.00 flip flops (with a warning that if the seal is broken you'll have to pay for them OFF COURSE THE SEAL WAS ALREADY BROKEN ON THEM), safe, hairdryer, flatscreen TV, white noise machine, alarm clock/iPod player.

When I arrived I had to wait for my room, so I had a $24 chicken sandwich by the pool area. Very crowded with lots of young hipster types. Ditto when my two colleagues joined me before their flight home: lots and lots of thongs and speedos!

This hotel has the famous Nobu restaurant. At night the outdoor area is lit up with candles etc and music is loud and lots of partying going on. SIGH. Again, I'm going to have to try to find a "regular" hotel -- at a decent price -- for next year.

All of the service personnel were pleasant.

Oh, and the breakfast buffet ended up costing $30 w/ tax and tip per person. Really? The food was just "ok" for breakfast; but I rated it the way I did because of the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "Up4travel,"

Thank you for your honest feedback. We would like to apologize that Shore Club did not "work" for you. The long white drapes in the lobby are beautifully designed to separate the different seating areas in the lobby and to help decompress the guest as they are walking into our hotel. I am sorry you felt the drapes took up too much space. The low chaise lounge chairs are meant to lower to the floor, not because we ran out of wood. Also the authorization of the $150 per day for the incidentals/security deposit is standard for most every hotel on South Beach. It is required at check in for each guest. Our hotel is in fact ADA accessible for guests. If anyone is needing assistance, we will gladly show them the proper elevators and ramps to use. This is Miami so of course there are people wearing bikini thongs and speedos on the beach! We apologize again that you have not found us to be your "regular hotel." We wish you the best of luck next year when you are looking for another spot during your convention.

Dorothy Jean 'DJ"
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel's location right on the beach in the middle of it all and it's 2 beautiful pools are lovely. We had a minimal-style Philipe Stark oceanfront room with a balcony so the view was glorious and worth the extra cost. The scene is definitely late 20 to 30 somethings.(I'm older, my son is 20) I don't mind the music by the pool, but the smaller one close to the ocean is calmer. The best part of our trip was our experience with Melissa Eastman, the concierge. We called before we came to make a few hard to get restaurant reservations in advance. (New York foodies)She had great suggestions and was able to get us in everywhere. Not only is she super bright and attractive, she has a lovely, no attitude, can-I-help you way, and she knows everyone. Make sure you find her!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "Les0414,"

You are so sweet to mention our fabulous Concierge, Melissa Eastman!! She is amazing in so many ways! Thank you for your kind feedback. Melissa says hello!

Strasbourg, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went to this hotel during ArtBasel Miami because it was one of the only one available near the fair, usually we go to the Gansevoort which is much better. They have crazy noise at night because of the parties that happen there and if you cannot sleep and want to get in one of the parties (every day there was two at least) the only answer you will get is that they are private parties. So you must suffer the noise and they won't even let you in if you want to do something else than being in your room not being able to sleep. Moreover they added $76 to my bill which I contested to Amex and now they contested my contestation pretending I took some T-Box Sexy Top which I don't even know what it is and probably the maid took it for herself ! Otherwise the staff is nice and helpful especially the lady concierge, but the hotel was just average some parts of it not really clean and the room cleaning was done randomly…

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Jclinder,"

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us during ArtBasel. That is one of the most popular times to be in Miami and people from all over the world come here during that week and weekend. Since it is very popular, there are private parties each night here and at all other hotels as well. We hope that you will give us a second chance and come stay with us at another time besides during ArtBasel so you can experience why so many guests love Shore Club.

Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband proposed to me 10 years ago during our stay at this hotel. We returned to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary and the experience was better than the first. The property is still in great condition and service and friendliness of the staff was incredible. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. it's still a scene at the pool with pretty people everywhere and an incredible DJ. But when the ocean is so close, I still don't understand why someone would hang by a pool. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the beach and we enjoyed the peace and quiet. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Melissafernandez,"

Happy Anniversary!! We are delighted that you came back for your special occasion after being proposed to here 10 years ago! That makes my heart melt. What a romantic story! We love having you here and are honored to have such a special place in your hearts!

Sending you much love from Shore Club,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just got back from a 4-night stay at this swanky, classic SoBe hotel. As other reviewers state, from the moment you walk into the lobby, you know you are in South Beach. Check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was very friendly. We had a partial ocean front room on the 19th floor. After reading other reviews stating that you need to be on an upper floor for the best rooms/view and away from most of the noise, I made sure to call ahead of time and request such a room. The view was like none other w/ a spacious balcony looking out to the ocean and also the hotel's pool area. The wall length window on the other corner faced the Setai but you can look beyond it to the bay. Very simple and clean, the room was perfect and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious and I loved the wet room. Although we didn't use the tub, it was nice to see a large one as an option. The shower floor tiles were like a hologrammic (sp?) color and now it has inspired me to use that for my own shower! Housekeeping came every day once we were out of the room (they really had a knack for timing, even if we were gone only 1 hour!) and did a superb job. We even would get a knock in the evening to make sure we had sufficient towels, toiletries, etc. Daylight savings time changed over the Saturday night and they were thoughtful enough to leave a reminder card as well as M&M's on my pillow.
The beach service was also on point and the complimentary chairs/towels were most welcome. There is a charge ($15) for the umbrellas. The pool party season started the Sunday we were there but as hotel guests you are allowed in the other back pool w/ access to the jacuzzi. Staying in this area allowed you to take in the scene but away from the crowds (best of both worlds).
I can't say enough great things about the hotel and would recommend it to everyone coming to South Beach. The rooms with a view are definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Call ahead and request an upper floor room if possible. You'll ensure a room with a view and far...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dearest "Charlottequeen,"

WOW! What a fantastic review about Shore Club. We are truly flattered with all the compliments about the amazing view, spacious bathroom, and perfect room! How sweet of the Housekeeping department to deliver complimentary M&M's along iwth a friendly reminder about daylight savings time. Can't wait to see you again!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!