“For the hipsters, other beware !” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #44 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Strasbourg, France
“For the hipsters, other beware !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went to this hotel during ArtBasel Miami because it was one of the only one available near the fair, usually we go to the Gansevoort which is much better. They have crazy noise at night because of the parties that happen there and if you cannot sleep and want to get in one of the parties (every day there was two at least) the only answer you will get is that they are private parties. So you must suffer the noise and they won't even let you in if you want to do something else than being in your room not being able to sleep. Moreover they added $76 to my bill which I contested to Amex and now they contested my contestation pretending I took some T-Box Sexy Top which I don't even know what it is and probably the maid took it for herself ! Otherwise the staff is nice and helpful especially the lady concierge, but the hotel was just average some parts of it not really clean and the room cleaning was done randomly…

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear "Jclinder,"

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us during ArtBasel. That is one of the most popular times to be in Miami and people from all over the world come here during that week and weekend. Since it is very popular, there are private parties each night here and at all other hotels as well. We hope that you will give us a second chance and come stay with us at another time besides during ArtBasel so you can experience why so many guests love Shore Club.

1,523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband proposed to me 10 years ago during our stay at this hotel. We returned to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary and the experience was better than the first. The property is still in great condition and service and friendliness of the staff was incredible. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. it's still a scene at the pool with pretty people everywhere and an incredible DJ. But when the ocean is so close, I still don't understand why someone would hang by a pool. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the beach and we enjoyed the peace and quiet. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Melissafernandez,"

Happy Anniversary!! We are delighted that you came back for your special occasion after being proposed to here 10 years ago! That makes my heart melt. What a romantic story! We love having you here and are honored to have such a special place in your hearts!

Sending you much love from Shore Club,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just got back from a 4-night stay at this swanky, classic SoBe hotel. As other reviewers state, from the moment you walk into the lobby, you know you are in South Beach. Check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was very friendly. We had a partial ocean front room on the 19th floor. After reading other reviews stating that you need to be on an upper floor for the best rooms/view and away from most of the noise, I made sure to call ahead of time and request such a room. The view was like none other w/ a spacious balcony looking out to the ocean and also the hotel's pool area. The wall length window on the other corner faced the Setai but you can look beyond it to the bay. Very simple and clean, the room was perfect and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious and I loved the wet room. Although we didn't use the tub, it was nice to see a large one as an option. The shower floor tiles were like a hologrammic (sp?) color and now it has inspired me to use that for my own shower! Housekeeping came every day once we were out of the room (they really had a knack for timing, even if we were gone only 1 hour!) and did a superb job. We even would get a knock in the evening to make sure we had sufficient towels, toiletries, etc. Daylight savings time changed over the Saturday night and they were thoughtful enough to leave a reminder card as well as M&M's on my pillow.
The beach service was also on point and the complimentary chairs/towels were most welcome. There is a charge ($15) for the umbrellas. The pool party season started the Sunday we were there but as hotel guests you are allowed in the other back pool w/ access to the jacuzzi. Staying in this area allowed you to take in the scene but away from the crowds (best of both worlds).
I can't say enough great things about the hotel and would recommend it to everyone coming to South Beach. The rooms with a view are definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Call ahead and request an upper floor room if possible. You'll ensure a room with a view and far...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dearest "Charlottequeen,"

WOW! What a fantastic review about Shore Club. We are truly flattered with all the compliments about the amazing view, spacious bathroom, and perfect room! How sweet of the Housekeeping department to deliver complimentary M&M's along iwth a friendly reminder about daylight savings time. Can't wait to see you again!

san francisco, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I left a bag in our hotel room at the Shore Club and didn't realize it until a few days after we had checked out and gone home. Housekeeping gave the bag to Security who sealed it up and logged it into a Lost & Found list. When I called, Steve in Security gave me a tracking number for my item, and Nayisha in the Shipping department packed it and fedexed it to me at home! I am so grateful to Housekeeping and to this group of people! And as for the hotel in general, even though the rooms are small, the bedding is fluffy and fabulous for a great night's sleep right in the thick of South Beach. We will be back. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dearest "Ilovegoodsheets,"

Thank you so much for the fantastic shout-outs to Steve and Nayisha!! They are both gems at Shore Club and so happy they were able to assist you with your item. Come back again asap for another FAB time.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've stayed on the 2nd floor and the room was terribly small. No space to put our bags and there was a balcony in front of some building ventilation system (so...looking at at a ventilation tube all the time with it noise).
Not being enough I ordered food and got it spoiled.
The valet usually takes 20 min to bring your car and there is not enough spaces in the lobby to sit and wait. Its very expensive too (US$ 42/day ticket).
Breakfast was expensive and with very few options.
There is no food between 12pm-4pm. Only drinks.
The only good thing is Nobu, right down the lobby.
Wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: Don't choose the 2nd floor. When they say small it means very bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear "Jack G,"

We are so sorry you did not enjoy your experience here at Shore Club. We would love for you to come back and give us a second chance and I will personally oversee your stay and make sure we win you back over. Terrazza does serve lunch until 4pm and also our pool area has a full day menu. Our room service is 24 hours as well. Hope to see you again soon and my deepest apologies about your not so perfect stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The attention to detail at the Shore Club is impeccable. From the moment we checked in, Nataly at the front desk was more than helpful and accommodated us for an earlier check in than we had expected. The room was a standard sized room, but the bathroom was wonderful. Very modern appearance with a very South Beach vibe (understandably). None of your chincy hotel toiletries, either. Shore Club is elite to the max. Natalie at the concierge (and another guy, whose name unfortunately slips my mind) were so helpful and secured us a spot at an excellent restaurant which we wouldn't have been able to get into otherwise. The pool was fabulous and the beach service was amazing -- my only complaint with my entire stay were the female waitresses on the beach. They were very reluctant to help us and took orders and we never received our drinks. It took us about 20 minutes to even get one of them to come over. Ricky and the other beach staff were super helpful and friendly.

Overall it was such an amazing experience and I cannot recommend it enough! I look forward to visiting again in October over Columbus Day weekend!

Dearest "KDAL325,"

Thanks for the kudos to our superstars, Nataly and Natalie!! They both totally rock at Shore Club. We apologize about delay in food/drink orders by the beach... But we are so looking forward to seeing you in October! Hurry up and get here.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

A mate of mine and I spent a few days here last week. From the moment you walk into the hotel you really do feel like you're walking into a private club. Nikki on the front desk is wonderful and nothing was too much for her to help us with. To be honest I don't think I walked by one staff member the entire time without getting a hello or is there anything I can help you with. Just outstanding.

I put the car away when I arrived and only got it back to leave. Everything I wanted was walking distance! Oh and having a Nobu downstairs isn't bad!! No doubt I will be back and quite frankly wonder why anyone would stay anywhere else?!

Room Tip: Obviously if you can get an ocean view as high as possible
Dearest "Aussie777,"

Exactly what you just said... Why would anyone stay anywhere else but Shore Club?! Love it!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!