“Great long weekend at the Shore Club in Miami South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #44 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Massachusetts
“Great long weekend at the Shore Club in Miami South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from a girl's getaway to Miami South Beach and we stayed at the Shore Club Hotel. The most noteworthy aspect of the weekend was the incredible friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, from housekeeping to front desk and the concierge Nathalie. The staff on the beach, helping with chairs and umbrellas and food and drink ordering were also incredibly helpful, friendly and made our days so pleasant. A special thanks to Jean who did a great job helping us each day. The hotel grounds are lovely-the moroccan style outdoor lounge area that becomes a club at night is beautifully appointed and so elegant to walk through, day or night. There are two pools-one larger and closer to the hotel-which is the more action packed area and one smaller pool, closer to the beach, which is a little quieter and low key. There are tons of great lounge chairs, lounge beds, sofas, pillows to relax on-great vibe. The prices for food and drinks were high, but everything in South Beach seems to be. Everything we ordered was delicious. We ate at Nobu as well as the Italian restaurant which has an al fresco option, and the food was divine. I was worried about noise knowing that the pool area converts to music and club life after dark, but we were on the 17th floor and the windows and doors are double paned so we didn't hear a single beat of music. Ask for a room on a high floor if this is a concern. I highly recommend this hotel. We had a terrific time. The rooms are expensive (even with a promotion) and were quite spartan (we had a deluxe king, partial ocean view) but the bedding and bath products were deluxe and we had lots of windows that showed ocean as well as the city. Our only complaint would be the fitness room which is two hotel rooms converted to hold work out machines and weights. They have bathrooms with showers and tubs off the rooms which is odd, and no pretty ocean views from the balcony. After seeing the fitness room at the Mondrian Hotel, which is a sister property, I think the Shore Club should re-think their fitness room and find a new space with views and a more deluxe setting, given the price of the hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors are safe from club noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dearest "Gametotravel,"

Oh dear, you and your daughter are so lovely!! Thank you tremendously for the fantastic review about Shore Club. It gave me goosebumps! Both Nathalie and Jean are very appreciative of your kind words. Hope you both come back soon for another girl's getaway!

Much love from Shore Club,

1,523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
South Beach, Fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed at Shore several times before and always enjoyed the "vibe" of the hotel .As soon as you walk into the lobby your whole mood becomes happy. The white drapes really set the scene. The garden area is clam , between sofa swings, beds, chairs....all sweet.
The pool area has beds and the cabanas are really cool very trendy and sexy.
The service is excellent from the bell boys to the house keepers. You really feel special.
We loved the restaurants, Nobu and Terazza. don't miss them. On this stay we had the BEST time because the hotel has a new manager Lucy she made us feel special and we were her most important guest. On next trip to SoBe ....
I will definitely be staying at the Shore Club. I LOVE LUCY xoxo Kasha

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dearest "Kasha Tornetta,"

What a lovely review about Shore Club and our fabulous General Manager, Lucy! We LOVE her too. She is the best in the world! Thank you for the mention of the excellent service from the bell boys to the housekeeping attendants. It is true that when you walk into our hotel, your whole mood becomes complete happiness :)

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Love the Shore Club for everything it offers, the pool, the bars, the food, the location and the people watching. We have stayed here the last 6 or 7 times we've come to SoBe, thought about changing this year but glad we didn't. We met some great people at the pool and kill'd it everyday. My man Ricky was "Da Man" at the pool daily. The bars and restaraunts are a great place to get your evening started properly. The location allows you to walk to all the nightlife or take a short cab ride. Everytime we've come down from Chicago we've had a great time and we love to frequent Mynt nightclub next door. We'll be back again next year, book it!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Mike B,"

Well all I have to say is that you better not stay anywhere else but Shore Club!! It would break our hearts. I agree with you about Ricky.... he is totally "Da Man" no doubt. I think you better come back asap to get away from that Chicago chilly weather! The Miami sun is calling your name.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Shore Club for my best friend's bachelorette weekend. We couldn't be more pleased with the service and hospitality. I worked closely with Nathaly at the concierage and she hooked us up with the hottest restaurants and night clubs. We were set up with bottle service and entry and didn't have to wait for a minute. Nathaly was very accomodating as well as all her colleagues at the hotel. We got upgraded as a treat for the big special weekend. I highly recommend staying here. Great pool, restaurants, bars, service and beautiful site.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Mondi55,"

Nathaly was so thrilled to see your amazing comments about her and how she made your best friend's bachelorette party extra fabulous!! She is a jewel to have here at Shore Club. Please hurry back soon for another great weekend.

Dorothy Jean 'DJ"
Chicago suburb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Have been in and out of this place for years.Just actually stayed there. Lobby and rooms were great. Rooms small...but clean and mod and nice. Pool area is good. The thing I do not like or do not understand about the place is the area between the hotel and the restaurant/pool area. It is the area where you exit the back of the lobby and go towards the beach. To me it ruins everything else about the place. This area ties all the components of the hotel together but it is the shabbiest. Bunch of old tired plants....a long water feature/koy pond thing going on that looks completely filthy. Old blue paint all over every fixture and wall. The whole area seems dirty and dated.The bar back there is disfunctional. If it were me....I would re-do this whole area....bust it up and start from scratch. Do justice to the rest of your solid facility. Weird as it may seem....this area bothers me enough that I won't return. Somebody is asleep on this issue and it ruins the experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Gariupamg,"

We appreciate your honest feedback about our Red Room Garden area. So many guests love to come relax and enjoy themselves in this area of the hotel. It is sad to us that you won't return because you feel this area needs improvement. We are always maintaining our plants and touching up our paint! Sorry we have disappointed you.

new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went to Miami for a long weekend and stayed at The Shore Club which I highly recommend. The rooms were big (and we were upgraded), and the concierge, Nathaly, was particularly helpful in setting me up with a great weekend! She helped me choose fun restaurants and get a reservation one of the best clubs.

The pool scene was a hit during the day. We had to switch rooms on our 3rd night, and when we returned from lunch the room still wasnt ready. And the manager offered to buy me and my friend a drink at the bar while we waited. They were very accommodating.

Great weekend - thanks Shore Club!

Room Tip: I would ask for an upgrade regardless of what room you book. You never know when something opens up!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Crlandry,"

You are so kind! Thank you for the lovely comments about Nathaly setting you up with a fabulous weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary drink while waiting for your room to be ready. Hope to see you again sooner rather than later!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Shore Club provided my mom and I the best vacation we had in years; I recently moved away from Miami and was back to run the ING Marathon in January. From the check in process with Latoya who was lovely, to the great overnight manager Ernesto, to the in suite dining attendant Marina (who was the sweetest and most caring) the stay was impeccable. The room was AMAZING and very clean, the view was priceless! The Shore Club was everything we wanted and more, cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Akjones35,"

Fantastic!! I'm so happy that you and your mom had the best vacation. Congrats on running the ING Marathon! Latoya and Ernesto were very appreciative of your comments and so was our room service sweetheart, Marina. Thank you and come back asap!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!