“Best South Beach Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best South Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great views. Great rooms & bathrooms. The onsite restaurant Terrazza's serves the most impressive and freshest cuisine on South Beach. And don't disregard their Sunday brunch - it is worth the price. None of the 'touristy' stuff at this place! Even the housekeeper was delightful! I've been all over the world, and this is one of the best - I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dearest "TiffanyH,"

My goodness, what a delightful review! I am happy you enjoyed our swanky Italian restaurant, Terrazza so much. The Sunday brunch is hard to beat with all you can drink Mimosa, Bellini's, or Bloody Mary's for only $32. It's totally worth it! Thank you for the kind compliment to your housekeeper. She is truly appreciative. Come back soon!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had some skepticism prior to arrival due to the mixed reviews but i shouldn't have worried - this was the perfect place for us all to stay at due to its proximity to South Beach, beautiful grounds and of course the helpful service....these guys know how to deliver!

Example 1: I found out that the disorganised best man had organised the Stag Party a few days before the event. Basically, he called the concierge team (Ken) and he did the rest. Result: everybody had a blast of a time!

Example 2: On arrival, I didn't want to based on the 1st floor (ground floor in the UK) as I was concerned about the noise from all the partying outside - without troubles or hesitation, the hotel agreed to change my room into a quieter part of the hotel.

Example 3: There was a baby in our group and the service team went out of their way to ensure that bottles of water were provided to the family so that the formula milk could be made.

Example 4: The Concierge team (including Reo and Ken) provided us with all the advice that we needed, such as where to eat, where to party, what to do, what not to do etc

In short, this Hotel provided us with everything that we needed / wanted from our trip!! Stay here if you want to enjoy your stay in Miami!

Room Tip: Depends but I think its worth asking at reception before checking in - the rooms close to the Swimmi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dearest "Rahel H,"

Well you are just so thoughtful and kind! Many thanks for the wonderful comments you listed about your trip! Both Ken and Reo are the most amazing concierges in the world! I am beyond happy that you had a great Stag party... please hurry back asap!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The minute you wake up in your Shore Club room, you know you're not at home. Look around and all you see is sleek and white...and, if you have a room like ours, you'll eventually see the frosted glass wall that divides the room's bathroom from its sleeping area...and forms one side of its huge (roughly 7'x4') three-out-of-four-frosted-glass-sided shower. An exotic and a pitch-perfect embodiment of the South-Beach vibe? - absolutely! A problem when only one of you has to get up early to get dressed for your day at a business conference at the hotel? Also, absolutely!

Actually, my husband wasn't so disturbed by the blast of light that filtered from the bathroom vanity out into the sleeping area as he was inconvenienced by - I'm not making this up - the absolute lack of a waist-high ledge or soap dish where he could park the soap while he was showering. (He made me promise I'd include this in my review...so here it is.)

Speaking of the shower, I have fallen totally in love with the bath amenities this hotel provides: peppermint shampoo, cilantro hair conditioner, lemon verbena body lotion and a very distinctive and lovely "rum" body wash and hand soap: your whole shower turns into one yummy scent after another. And when you're finished in the shower, there could be a bathrobe, slippers, and a huge thick bath towel waiting to dry you off. Not bad at all - even if it's just like this at your own house. (!)

Now, get dressed and take a stroll on the hotel's compact "grounds" - you'll fall in love with the the glorious colors, the beautiful landscaping, the scents in the air, and the profusion of cosy sofas, chairs, hammocks and daybeds that line the outdoor public areas. These "conversation areas" become even more cozy and intimate after dark, after the staff light what must be hundreds of candles and lanterns and tuck them artfully into the space.

Walk far enough in a direct line away from the hotel's lobby, past the big pool, and the little pool, past the sunken hot tub, and there you are, a hundred feet from the beach. Need I say more?

Eventually you might decide to come back into the hotel and enjoy the thoughtful and friendly hospitality provided by the hotel's staff; they really bring the rest of this idyll come together. The service is so personalized and attentive that I'm pretty sure one of them will read this review.

In short, I thank the Shore Club staff for all for the relaxing, soul-renewing, sense-stirring moments they provided my husband and I during our stay. (Now, if you could just do something about that soap dish!)

Room Tip: Our cousin, a resident of Miami Beach, tipped us off that Robert DeNiro has a residence in the Shore...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dearest "Charla,"

Thank you so much for the fantastic review!! I loved how your described everything in this hotel... especially the part about using all our fantastic Malin + Goetz products in the shower and then slipping into one of our comfortable robes and slippers! Our famous British designer, David Chipperfield, did not include a soap dish in the showers in his design but we are looking into it. Please come back and see us again soon!

South Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I arrived, the hotel was oversold. I was upgraded to a bungalow immediately at no additional cost. Everyone was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

The rooms were very comfortable as well as the staff was super friendly. As a runner, I was even greeted by friendly staff as I left the hotel at 5AM to run down Collins. Wow!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "Michael W,"

Wow.... thank you so much! We loved having you stay in one of our cool poolside Bungalows and I am not surprised you were greeted at 5am by our amazing staff. Looking forward to seeing you again whether it be for pleasure or another business trip!

Much love from our friendly staff,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to get to the hotel on their Sun afternoon celebration, which was busy and still the entire staff made me feel like a vip!

The room was a good size and very modernly furnished.

My view of the ocean was breathtaking!

My first night included dinner and drinks at Nobu and Skybar. Both were superb, Chelsey the bartender was nothing short of amazing and great at her job!
I ventured out the next 2 nights and was able to walk everywhere i wanted to go. (Joe's Stonecrab to all the Lincoln Road Hotspots for shopping, dinner, drinks, and dancing)

I will always stay at the Shore Club when visiting Miami Beach!!!!!

Loved It

Jim

• Stayed February 2013
Dearest "Jimmyz,"

Oh my... aren't you a gentleman for posting this lovely review! Can't wait to see you next time for another fantastic stay and Sunday pool party with the coolest bartender in the world, Chelsea! Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We took a long weekend to Shore Club February 2013 and had the best time. The service, hotel, location, pool - everything was superb. We enjoyed the premium location and walked to shops, restaurants, etc. Being located right on the beach was great for after dinner strolls too. This may become an annual trip.....

Thanks, Shore Club!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Matt S,"

Well let me tell you something..... This MUST become your annual trip!! We are missing you already.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent a wonderful weekend in January at the Shore Club. The hotel is perfectly located right in the middle of South Beach. You can walk almost everywhere and it is only a few blocks from Lincoln Road, the pedestrian mall full of shops and restaurants. The pool is fantastic and we had a great time at the Sunday afternoon party with DJ and lots of people. We also spent a lot of time othe beach, where the staff was friendly, including food and drink service, and the chairs were well kept and comfortable. The rooms a nice and simple, but very comfortable. We especially like the wet room in the bathroom. I cannot complement the staff enough. Shore club is the perfect Miami get away hotel, comfortable, and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. I missed the spa this visit, but will be sure to check it out on my next trip.

Room Tip: Go for the beach view if you can, it's a little larger and the sunrise view is totally worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Jay F,"

What a fantastic review... thank you!! I agree with you, we are totally the perfect Miami get-away hotel! Can't wait for you to come back next time and try out our amazing spa.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!