“Business Trip to Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
South Bend
“Business Trip to Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I arrived, the hotel was oversold. I was upgraded to a bungalow immediately at no additional cost. Everyone was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

The rooms were very comfortable as well as the staff was super friendly. As a runner, I was even greeted by friendly staff as I left the hotel at 5AM to run down Collins. Wow!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dearest "Michael W,"

Wow.... thank you so much! We loved having you stay in one of our cool poolside Bungalows and I am not surprised you were greeted at 5am by our amazing staff. Looking forward to seeing you again whether it be for pleasure or another business trip!

Much love from our friendly staff,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to get to the hotel on their Sun afternoon celebration, which was busy and still the entire staff made me feel like a vip!

The room was a good size and very modernly furnished.

My view of the ocean was breathtaking!

My first night included dinner and drinks at Nobu and Skybar. Both were superb, Chelsey the bartender was nothing short of amazing and great at her job!
I ventured out the next 2 nights and was able to walk everywhere i wanted to go. (Joe's Stonecrab to all the Lincoln Road Hotspots for shopping, dinner, drinks, and dancing)

I will always stay at the Shore Club when visiting Miami Beach!!!!!

Loved It

Jim

• Stayed February 2013
Dearest "Jimmyz,"

Oh my... aren't you a gentleman for posting this lovely review! Can't wait to see you next time for another fantastic stay and Sunday pool party with the coolest bartender in the world, Chelsea! Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We took a long weekend to Shore Club February 2013 and had the best time. The service, hotel, location, pool - everything was superb. We enjoyed the premium location and walked to shops, restaurants, etc. Being located right on the beach was great for after dinner strolls too. This may become an annual trip.....

Thanks, Shore Club!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Matt S,"

Well let me tell you something..... This MUST become your annual trip!! We are missing you already.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent a wonderful weekend in January at the Shore Club. The hotel is perfectly located right in the middle of South Beach. You can walk almost everywhere and it is only a few blocks from Lincoln Road, the pedestrian mall full of shops and restaurants. The pool is fantastic and we had a great time at the Sunday afternoon party with DJ and lots of people. We also spent a lot of time othe beach, where the staff was friendly, including food and drink service, and the chairs were well kept and comfortable. The rooms a nice and simple, but very comfortable. We especially like the wet room in the bathroom. I cannot complement the staff enough. Shore club is the perfect Miami get away hotel, comfortable, and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. I missed the spa this visit, but will be sure to check it out on my next trip.

Room Tip: Go for the beach view if you can, it's a little larger and the sunrise view is totally worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dearest "Jay F,"

What a fantastic review... thank you!! I agree with you, we are totally the perfect Miami get-away hotel! Can't wait for you to come back next time and try out our amazing spa.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Shore Club is great place in really good location, very modern, clean hotel with many facilities. Great for business meetings and also family get away. Just few minutes away from beach, restaurants and shopping.
Staff is really friendly and will go extra mile to make sure you get what you need in timely manner and that your friends and family would enjoy your vacation 100%. Especially remarkable service was provided by Assistant manager Emily Triffin, thank you for warm welcome and great vacation experience. She is true asset to this company and can be 100% trusted with even most difficult or delicate needs.

Thank you Emily and all staff for great experience and sincerity.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "HelenaK,"

You are so thoughtful.... Thank you for all the great things you mentioned! Emily Triffin is a jewel and always there to assist all our guests while being 100% fabulous! She appreciates your lovely feedback and so do all the Shore Club staff.

San Clemente, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at the shore club. The room had a breathtaking ocean view. The bathroom was quite large with a tub and separate shower. The pool area and the beach were the best part of the hotel. The pool has a dj and drink service at the pool - a must in my opinion. The beach had lounge chairs, which is very typical of Miami but rare for the west coast so I loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "TamaraM949,"

What a fabulous 1st time you had with us! I am so happy you enjoyed the breathtaking ocean view from your room and the pool area. We do have a great pool bar called the Rumbar that has the most delightful mojitos, sangria, rum, etc.! Come see us again asap.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having never been to Miami, we booked this hotel blind just based on the price and the site photos. It did not disappoint! The staff was so friendly and answered all our questions patiently (see: never been to Miami before). The folks manning the pool handled some very busy days with great attitudes. The pool area is large, well maintained, and the pool menu is great (if a little pricey; cocktails are pretty much $12+). We're from New York and we are picky about food, so this is a serious endorsement! The beach access is super easy too. The location on Collins Ave was very convenient and we walked to most of the local restauants we tried (Ola at the Sanctuary Hotel, Bella Cuba--best Cuban sandwich ever! Cabbed to Sardinia across town), plus had drinks at nearby swanky hotel bars (Delano, Setai) and wandered around the Lincoln Mall area. The daytime vibe at the pool was great for us, not too fancy but still upscale. The DJs on Saturday and Sunday were fun; it's "club hits" which is not my thing but didn't feel overwhelming in terms of volume. Sunday is an open-to-the-public pool party which I worried would be out of control but I'd say it was just the right amount of extra zest and good people watching. Some ladies were decidedly getting their groove on... Definitely need to get your chairs early on the weekends (like pre-9AM) and don't be the jerk who reserves a chair and then doesn't come down til 11:30! Luckily the pool staff seemed very good at playing musical chairs and keeping most everyone happy. The room itself was very modern, white box, minimal furnishings. VERY comfortable bed, good AC, and big tub. The only complaint I had, which I'm only writing here because I know they read these reviews and they might want to look into it, is the bathroom was a little run down compared to the rest of the hotel. The light gray grout had been replaced with dark gray that just looked bad, crumbling, etc. and the tub leaked during every shower so we had to leave big bath towels soaking on the floor every day. It didn't bother me but if they wanted to spruce up the bathrooms it would be nice. I will also note the EXCELLENT hair products. I am buying that Malin & Goetz cilantro conditioner for my apartment pronto. The first time I've ever been motivated to take home a hotel hair product! Let's see, what else...the hotel has a Nobu which we didn't try (we have it at home) and the other main restaurant Terrazza was very good. Then there's the pool bar and another outdoor sort of Moroccan vibe place which we liked, and the Red Room which seemed more of a "scene" and we didn't really try. Nothing really got going til late night (10PM) and although it was rockin' out by the pool our room was so quiet it was fabulous. We got great sleep, got up early, spent 7 hours a day by the pool, then got all dressed up to go out to dinner. Perfect vacation. We loved the Shore Club!

Room Tip: Our room #507 was super quiet and had like a slice of ocean view. Not sure what side it was on!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dearest "Sarah K,"

Oh aren't you just the sweetest! Your review was amazing! Thank you for the lovely comments about our friendly staff and the great attitudes at the pool. Our pool scene is definitely perfect for people watching! I do apologize about your bathtub not being in perfect condition. We have spoken to the Engineering Department and they are looking into the issue. I am glad you loved our swanky Malin + Goetz products :)

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!