“A gorgeous weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“A gorgeous weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Another visit to the great Miami but of course an "obligated" stayed to a greater Shore Club. Simply put the best hotel in Miami Beach. ALL their stuff is GREAT. They go above and beyond to make you feel special...and they do a great job at it!

Special recognition to Reo Davis. Thank you very much for been so accomodating. The Morgans Group should be lucky to have you.

Take care,

JP

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dearest "Juan Pablo B,"

WOW... you are the kindest! We are all definitely lucky to have Reo on our team!... There is nobody that has the swagger like he does. Hurry up and come stay with us again! xoxo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our first trip to The Shore Club - which had come highly recommended by a number of friends. The risk of-course is that you have unrealistic expectations when you arrive. All i would say is that my partner and I had the most incredible time - the reception team were beyond helpful - the beach crew incredibly attentive - the restaurant staff on hand but not intrusive. We both found the bed perfect and everything as clean as you would expect. I've read a couple of the other reviews here and would agree that 'yes' on balance it does attract a slightly younger crowd - but certainly not to the point where I felt too old to be celebrating my 47th birthday by the pool... I'm planning a return trip in May - and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys good design / good service / and feeling alive ;)

Room Tip: If you are looking for an ocean view - ask for a room on the 6th floor or higher - our first room wa...
Dearest "DAS_London1966,"

Happy 47th Birthday to you!! This review is fabulous! Thank you for the shout-outs to our reception team, beach crew, and restaurant staff. We are so happy that you and your partner had the most incredible time. Can't wait to see you back here in May!

Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It was one of my best stays! Although the hotel might not be the best in south beach but the location was excellent , nice beach and walking distance from attraction sites. The hotel employees were friendly and amazing (especially Will at the front desk and Ghani at the restaurant ). I highly recommend Shore Club

• Stayed January 2013
Dearest "Sam_Z75,"

Thank you for your review! Both Will and Ghani are so excited that you mentioned them! They are amazing. But I have to disagree with you on one thing... We ARE the best hotel in South Beach!! haha.. Hope to see you again soon!

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

a great hotel. Happening with good restaurants (japanese and itialien), but it is also a hotel which makes you feel relaxed and "at home".
The staff here we found particularly welcoming and made it a hotel you want to come back to. It started out with our front desk experience, where Dashna Compere welcomed us with a particularly warm attitude and outstanding service. She helped us through out the week accomondating for our wisches. We could not help ourselves smile everytime we meet her, due to her great personality :-)

Rooms have nice balconies and sea view, and a great pool.

Reo Davis their concierce chief did also an outstanding job for us - selecting all our restaurants and bars for the week. No doubt he knows whats going everywhere in south beach and he choose exactly what we were looking for. Even at the clubs it helped getting in by mentioning Reo's name. His plan made our stay an authentic and exciting Miami exiting.

great job to the Shore Club staff - there were no exceptions

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dearest "Morten17,"

Thank you for this fantastic review! We are so happy we made you feel relaxed and "at home." Both Dashna and Reo are total superstars at Shore Club. Dashna has an amazing personality filled with warmth and graciousness... Plus she is such a cutie pie! Our chief concierge, Reo, is unbelievable with all that he knows in Miami. He loved making your reservations and meeting you! Please come back and see us all again soon!

Closter, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am in my early 40s and have traveled a lot within the United States and abroad, so I have been to my fair share of standard and uber expensive hotels. To say I was disappointed by the Shore Club is an understatement. And no, I am not one of those people who gives negative reviews of everything! In fact, I hate to say anything negative about a hotel or restaurant that I have visited, but since our experience at the Shore Club was so weird, I wanted to share it with anybody that may be considering a stay there. I have written excellent reviews on this site of almost every other hotel and restaurant we had the pleasure of visiting during our stay in Florida and you are free to search for them and read them! Having said that, here goes:

UNCOMFORTABLE BEDS AND ICKY BATHROOM : This hotel is minimalist to the extreme, which is fine if it is done properly....The Delano is a good example of that. So, we wanted to experience the whole Miami "White" minimalist movement, but we wanted to stay at a hotel that was within walking distance to shops and restaurants, so we opted for the Shore Club. The rooms were very stark, which we expected, but what we didn't expect were the uncomfortable hard beds and the cement surround around the bathtub which was stained and dirty. And although I hesitate in using the word "icky", that's exactly what it was, "icky!" Maybe cement and water just don't mix. Newsflash, I know. And, the hard mattresses killed my lower back! I guess the 20 something kiddies that stay there don't have back problems yet... If I were the owner of the Delano, I would have sued the designer for not understanding the basic laws of chemistry and comfort! But, the designer does get an A+ for making sure the Shore Club spent very little on its renovations....how bare can you go? Visit the Shore Club and you will find out!!!

CLOROX SMELL: when we entered our room, it smelled of Clorox. Look, I appreciate the fact that the room had been so thoroughly cleaned, but dude, does it have to smell like Clorox? It's a hotel, not a hospital!!!

GOOD SERVICE: On a positive note, the Clorox smell was quickly attended to with some febreze spray from the hotel staff and service was always quick and reliable. Giving credit where credit is due...

BEAUTIFUL GARDEN AND GREAT LOCATION: the outdoor garden area is very chic and tres adorable with hammocks, lounge areas and nooks and crannies that you can get lost in, whether you are reading a good book or just snuggling with your honey. It is also very romantic at night when it is all lit up with floor lanterns and moroccan looking lamps. Thumbs up on the outdoor garden area! The pool is also very nice and the access to the beach is very convenient. Also, the location is within walking distance to shops and restaurants! Location, location, location! You cannot beat this location!!!

WEIRD CONCIERGE EXPERIENCE: The concierge gets a thumb down. Attractive young brunette. Very peppy and sweet. She approached us at check in and asked me if we had come to the hotel for a special occassion. I said it was my birthday! She said happy birthday! I said thank you! She asked me for my room number. I gave it to her. Then she asked me what my favorite drink was. I told her it was a mojito. She told me that two mojitos would be waiting for us in our room! How sweet! I thanked her and my husband gave her a tip. We stayed at the Shore Club for a couple of days and the only mojitos we drank were at NOBU, and yes, we paid for them!! Look, if you tell people that drinks, that they did not ask for, will be waiting for them in their room, they should be there, regardless of whether you get a tip or not, and especially if you get a tip. Plain and simple. Your word is your word. Stick to it. And it was a special occassion so a bottle of champagne would have been a nice touch. Heck, the Marriot does it, so why can't the elite Shore Club do it? I guess you folks are just too hip and cool for that kind of stuff.... ;-)

A MIXED BAG AT NOBU: It was my birthday so my husband decided to treat me to a dinner at Nobu. Expensive restaurant so it was going to be our splurge for the week. It was the most expensive meal of our trip and the least enjoyable!! So I guess you don't always get what you pay for..... Beautiful restaurant, great ambience, beautiful people everywhere, but "model sized" portions of food. I guess that's why people in Miami are so skinny - because they eat at Nobu! ;-) And, no I am not overweight. I am skinny!! On a positve note, their hot plates were all delicious, especially the rock shrimp, but again, very small portions. Their sushi was fresh and decent, but again, the roll was very small. And, I have had better rolls at our local sushi restaurant in our sleepy little town for half the price. We were so hungry after our meal that we had to order appetizers at a bar where we met some friends afterwards!! Drinks were good though! Guess if you are drunk, you cannot tell that you are getting ripped off! ;-)

BOGUS MINIBAR CHARGES. So, we were in the room, my husband opens up the minibar fridge to check it out and says, look hon, there is a sticker that says that if you remove/touch any of the items in the minibar, even if you do not consume them, you will be charged for them! I was like, seriously?? My husband shuts the minibar door. I was skeptical, so I opened the minibar door and he was right! Clever, I thought. Ingenious way of cutting back on the labor to go through the contents of the minibar I thought. For a second there, the Shore Club actually had my respect! But, the label should have read "YOU WILL GET BOGUS MINIBAR CHARGES EVERYTIME YOU OPEN THE MINIBAR DOOR!." We never touched or consumed any of the contents of the minibar, but my husband keeps getting bogus minibar charges on his credit card that he needs to keep calling them about. They credit the charges, but then charge them right back again. Ha ha, very funny Shore Club!!! But, it's not April Fools yet! So if you have been to the Shore Club lately, please check your credit card statements!!!

Tisk, tisk Shore Club! You could have been a classy experience that I ranted and raved about, but instead, you were a huge disappointment!!! So, Shore Club, if you want anybody over the age of 29 (translation, anybody who knows better) to stay at your hotel, you are going to have to STEP UP YOUR GAME!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear "Liliana M,"

We deeply apologize that you were disappointed by Shore Club and we did not give you an amazing experience like so many other guests have commented on this website. Its spare, sensuous architecture comes courtesy of famed British modernist, David Chipperfield. His modern aesthetic is showcased in this serene, radiant space. A refreshing white-on-white color palette is infused with vibrant touches of color, reflecting Shore Club’s lush tropical gardens. Custom-designed furniture and fixtures blend high style with comfort.

We are sorry you did not find our beds to be comfortable. This is the first complaint we have ever heard about our beds. People even ask to purchase our pillows and linen because they are so heavenly. The cement surrounding the bathroom is Mexican Sandstone. We apologize that you felt it was stained and dirty. There was an overpowering Chlorox smell in your room, however I'm happy our team removed the odor efficiently.

Regarding your experience with our concierge, we are so sorry that we fell short of your expectations and we have since retrained our entire concierge in ensuring we deliver on our promises. We are sincerely regretful for the challenges you experienced with Nobu and minibar . We hope the errors with these charges have now been taken care of.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our beautiful garden and location. However should you still be experiencing problems with your bill, please contact me directly at dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Kind Regards,
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel was great....years ago. I used to love the pool, the cabanas, the whole South Beach experience. Maybe I'm just getting old? We stayed here last February during the Miami Boat Show and I had great hopes for it based on my past experience. Now it's just run down, overpriced, and filled with riff-raff. If your goal in life is to be on an episode of Jersey Shore than maybe this hotel is for you......

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Avanya2012,"

Thank you so much for your honest review of Shore Club and we are sorry your stay last year did not meet your expectations. Since you have stayed in January 2012, we have completed a rigorous update of all our areas in the hotel in order to improve our guest experience. We cater to a broad range of guests and many of them comment on the great mix of clientele. We certainly would never call any of our guests "riff raff."

We hope that we can welcome you back to Shore Club in the near future so you can experience the many improvements that we have made.

Kind Regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Talk about an important booking... I got a suite a Shore Club for new years. but more importantly, to get engaged to my girlfriend during my trip! Talk about delivering... words can't describe the level of service, attentiveness, cleanliness, etc. that shore club executed over the most meaningful vacation of my life. I stayed there once in 2007, and for whatever reason, this surpassed my experience over half a decade ago. I will never forget it, you made Miami for me and my fiance!! THANK YOU SHORE CLUB!!!

Dearest "Ben K,"

CONGRATULATIONS! Everyone here at Shore Club is so happy for you both and wish you lots of love and happiness in your future. We are honored that you choose us for this special occasion. You will always be dear to our hearts. Come celebrate your future anniversary with us!

Sending you much love from your Shore Club family,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!