“Shore Club, South Beach 11/13 - 11/15, 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Shore Club, South Beach 11/13 - 11/15, 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my first visit to South Beach and the Shore Club. My stay was very pleasant from the moment I arrived; the staff was absolutely attentive and welcoming. The surroundings are beautiful and relaxing, the food, delicious. But I can't complement the staff enough for their attentiveness and genuine friendliness, and this was from everyone that I encountered, whether they were cleaning, manicuring the shrubs on the patio, serving me breakfast, helping me in the gift shop or bringing me a cocktail at poolside. A good morning or even a nod and a smile go a long way with me. If you want to have a lovely visit to South Beach, you only need to start at the Shore Club.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dearest "Dianne765,"

Oh my, thank you so much! Your lovely words about our staff truly melted out hearts. Hope to see you back soon for your second round of Shore Club :)

1,499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I just got back from a weeks vacation with my girlfriend. I use to live in Miami and after returning after ten years I see that somethings have changed while others have not. We stayed at an inexpensive hotel so we could take advantage of what South Beach has to offer for day and nightlife.
We first had to check out one of the biggest hotel changes at the FB and it was all that we expected. The service was stellar and everything was clean. Our bartender was knowledgeable about the hotel and the drinks were perfect! We both use to work at a bar so it was nice to watch all the "busy bees" working in unison. With all good experiences their are some that are not so good. We heard that the view at the Shore Clubs Terrazza Resturant for lunch is nice so we tried to go there to meet some local friends. We shared a couple of slightly over burnt pizza. The server was great and apologetic. She tried to send a manager over but she said she "could not find her."After our average meal we were told about their Sunday brunch with unlimited drinks for ladies so we wanted to give the place another chance. We normally don't like to go to the same place twice on vacation but we were persuaded. We both eat healthy and had a hard time finding things on the buffet that we could enjoy. I didn't want to eat $32 plus tax plus gratuity of fruit. Our waitress was the same as yesterday and had a giant salad made for us to share. She was attentive and sincere. We wanted to let the manager know that she made our experience a memorable one but alas, we could not find a manager. We asked the hostess where she was and she pointed to the woman behind the bar using her phone for texting out in the open view of guests. She was non responsive to our compliments towards her staff. That was a shame. That was the only thing missing from our experience here. Having been prior military and working in the industry in the past I have seen what it takes to run a team succesfully. Simply put, lead by example. The only thing that was keeping this place pleasant was the server. If the manager is the example for how things are done here I dont see this place lasting much longer. My gratitude goes to the servers for doing a great job without the proper support or guidance from their manager.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear "Thirdspartan,"

Thank you for this honest review. While we are so glad you enjoyed your bartender and service, we are very saddened that your experience at Terrazza was not how it should have been. We receive so many lovely comments about the hotel and its staff so it is also so very disappointing to hear when we have let ourselves down. We apologize that the Manager was not around to speak to you about this and please be assured that our Director of Food & Beverage is following up with his team. Should you come back next time you are in town we will personally make sure you are well taken care of and enjoy every moment. We are sincerely sorry and hope to make it up to you in the future. Please message me your contact information at dj.hicks@mhgc.com so that I can follow up with you on a more personal level

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel to South Beach approximately 3 times a year. I always choose the Shore Club. From top to bottom, the experience is always first class. From the little things like remembering your name, to the best pool scene on the beach, they always make you feel like a VIP.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dearest "Joe C,"

You truly are one of our favorites and we look forward to seeing you each time! Thank you for being so loyal.... We wish you could come stay with us more than 3 times a year! Shore Club is already missing you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at the Shore Club. Having previously stayed at some of the other major South Beach hotels I was quite keen to get to know the Shore Club. The location is very good, directly on the beach and very close to Lincoln (the small pedestrianized shopping strip).

The pool and outdoor areas are great. The pool is large and the loungers / seats around it are quite nice. However, there are other hotels in South Beach that offer more. For the evening / night I liked the cool atmosphere of the Delano better and for a day at the pool the Raleigh has set the bar pretty high.

What i also found a bit poor was that the Shore Club seems to want to make a lot of money out of what they call "incidentals". For example, when we came into our room we noticed a bottle of water - not complimentary but instead with a $7 price tag. In fact the room was full of small things you could buy at a hefty price tag (cotton bag with shore club imprint for $22, etc). I found this all a bit unnecessary given that this is not a cheap hotel in the first place.

I also found the room service a bit late - we returned from the beach at 3pm and the room wasn't made up yet. And the sound proofing of the rooms wasn't great. We stayed a weekend and could hear other revellers come back in the early hours.

Overall I felt it is a good hotel but i am not sure i would stay there again at my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "McJever,"

We appreciate your feedback and apologize that we did not wow you on your first stay with us. Our items in minibar do come with a price tag but we offer complimentary coffee and internet in each of the rooms! Our valet and bell staff team do graciously hand out complimentary bottled water to guests who ask while in the lobby. Also, I am sorry that your room was not serviced when you came back from the beach. Our Housekeeping attendants came right away once they were notified and then made your room a top priority for each day during your stay! I am glad you did enjoy our great location and we hope that you will come back and give us another try.

newyork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Overall the hotel was pleasant. Gracious encounters with staff throughout. Room was a bit outdated but the overall ambiance of the hotel as well as graciousness and smiles shown from staff made up for it. However one rotten apple ruined it for the rest. I decided to have breakfast in their restaurant before meeting with my sister who was only going to be able to see me for a couple of hours so I was in a bit of a hurry. Breakfast took almost 40 mins to get to my table for something I thought was a rather simple order of eggs and toast. The server informed the manager of my urgency but she simply nodded her head and continued drinking her coffee as she stayed seated at the bar. He was very apologetic and informed me that he tried to have it removed from my bill but she wouldn't let him as I did indeed eat my cold eggs. I found myself at their mercy of their restaurant during my stay as they are the only restaurant who offered breakfast, unless wanting room service. I wasn't going to allow myself not to enjoy the beautiful morning. Especially because they do have a great outdoor seating. However once again stricken with disgust at the lack of care shown. Throughout my stay breakfast seemed to be an issue for them. I didn't mind the wait, as the staff offered various goodies to hold me over, but not once was I ever visited by the manager. Worse when I asked her for the direction to the restroom, she just pointed it to me and the hostess then offered to take me. Sad how one rotten apple can ruin the bunch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dearest "Michelle T,"

While we are thankful your overall hotel was experience was pleasant, however my deepest concerns are about your experience at Terrazza. This is not the standard of how we treat our guests. Please know that our Director of Food & Beverage is following up with his team immediately. Please message me your contact information at dj.hicks@mhgc.com so that I can follow up with you on a more personal level and I will be happy to look into your check further. To end on a good note, I am glad that our graciousness and smiles won you over regardless :)

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Over all the resort was very nice looking and the food was delicious, is one of the nicest hotels on the beach no just becouse of its location and ambiance but becouse the staff go above and beyond to help guests, nice rooms and all the board walk by the beach for exercise and walk in the morning, the view is expectacular, breakfast in the Terraza restaurant was super, our server Jose was always there to help and assist as, impeccable service, we strongly recommend this resort to any one. we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Michael Z,"

Wow, thank you for this lovely comment! Our staff takes pleasure in going above and beyond to make sure our guests are satisfied with everything! I am so happy your enjoyed the boardwalk located just outside our Shore Club beach gate. Also, Jose was thrilled to read your sweet words about him! He is very thankful. See you next year, my friend!

Manhasset, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My two girlfriends and I stayed there this past weekend and had a great time at the Shore Club. Our room was pristine, the bathroom was really nice, and we were completely happy with the size of the room. We spent an entire day by the pool racking up quite a bill at the Rum Bar (for some pretty weak drinks) but we had seats in the sun, so we were fine with it. Order beer, at least you know how strong it is. Also, someone from your party needs to get out to the pool early and reserve chairs on the sunny side of the pool. They will hold them for you, but you have to get out there by 8:30am.
The only major complaint I had came on Friday night of our weekend. Two of us walked down to Nobu without a reservation, and we were told it was going to be a little bit of a wait. The hostess asked if we would like to sit at the bar and get a drink while we waited. We didn't mind at all, and ordered a round. As soon as the drinks were put in front of us, the hostess came back and said that we could sit at a table in the completely-empty lounge area if we liked. That was fine with us, but it was completely empty, so why didn't she just offer that up from the beginner? This would have saved us a $38 round of drinks that we would have preferred to have enjoyed with our sushi. I really felt like she was using this tactic to get us to order a round and spend more money. We were annoyed.
Other than this one issue, everything else was pretty flawless about our stay. We enjoyed the pool and the scene during the day, and the prices were probably on-par with other nice places in South Beach. Its expensive everywhere. When we go back, we'd probably try another hotel though just to mix it up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "Meredith J,"

Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and we are sorry that your experience at Nobu was less than perfect. The hostess was trying to seat you in their main dining area but once she realized it would take longer than expected since you did not have a reservation, she offered you the option of dining in the lounge area while seats were available. She meant in no way to cause an inconvenience or get you to order a round of drinks as a way to spend more money there. But I am glad you enjoyed everything else Shore Club has to offer. Our pool chairs are on a first come/ first serve basis. We wish you would come stay with us again!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!