“Amazing Pool, High Prices” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #44 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manhasset, New York, United States
“Amazing Pool, High Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My two girlfriends and I stayed there this past weekend and had a great time at the Shore Club. Our room was pristine, the bathroom was really nice, and we were completely happy with the size of the room. We spent an entire day by the pool racking up quite a bill at the Rum Bar (for some pretty weak drinks) but we had seats in the sun, so we were fine with it. Order beer, at least you know how strong it is. Also, someone from your party needs to get out to the pool early and reserve chairs on the sunny side of the pool. They will hold them for you, but you have to get out there by 8:30am.
The only major complaint I had came on Friday night of our weekend. Two of us walked down to Nobu without a reservation, and we were told it was going to be a little bit of a wait. The hostess asked if we would like to sit at the bar and get a drink while we waited. We didn't mind at all, and ordered a round. As soon as the drinks were put in front of us, the hostess came back and said that we could sit at a table in the completely-empty lounge area if we liked. That was fine with us, but it was completely empty, so why didn't she just offer that up from the beginner? This would have saved us a $38 round of drinks that we would have preferred to have enjoyed with our sushi. I really felt like she was using this tactic to get us to order a round and spend more money. We were annoyed.
Other than this one issue, everything else was pretty flawless about our stay. We enjoyed the pool and the scene during the day, and the prices were probably on-par with other nice places in South Beach. Its expensive everywhere. When we go back, we'd probably try another hotel though just to mix it up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dearest "Meredith J,"

Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and we are sorry that your experience at Nobu was less than perfect. The hostess was trying to seat you in their main dining area but once she realized it would take longer than expected since you did not have a reservation, she offered you the option of dining in the lounge area while seats were available. She meant in no way to cause an inconvenience or get you to order a round of drinks as a way to spend more money there. But I am glad you enjoyed everything else Shore Club has to offer. Our pool chairs are on a first come/ first serve basis. We wish you would come stay with us again!

Kind Regards,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Shore Club made our trip to Miami Beach wonderful. From the comfy beds to the hospitality. We also had a balcony that over looked the beach! The food at the pool was so convenient and actually really good for hotel food - try the shrimp tacos!! We felt like we did not even have to leave the hotel during the day. Overall a great place and I will absolutely be going back!

Dearest "Julie C,"

Thank you for posting this kind and thoughtful review! Once you mentioned those delicious shrimp tacos by the pool, I can't stop thinking about them! They are definitely a treat. So glad you enjoyed the comfy beds and hospitality. See you soon sweetheart!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I purchased a deal through Travelzoo's local deals for a spa day at the Shore Club. I've had a lot of massages in my life....this was hands down the best massage of my life. I walked out feeling rested and revived. The facilities are beautiful and the view from the 8th floor was spectacular. I'm ready to return from NYC to Miami just to go back to the spa. Ask for Brenda or Christian! Amazing!!!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "HatteryC,"

Thank you for the shout out to our Shore Club Spa! It brings us much joy that this was the best massage you have ever had in your life!... Brenda and Christian are FANTASTIC!! I can't say enough good things about them either. They truly have magic hands. Come back soon for another relaxing and soothing spa day!

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

While I've visited the Skybar pretty much every time I've been to Miami, this was my first stay at the hotel. I could not have been more impressed and satisfied. I stayed in a double queen city view room: it was beautiful, spacious, with a nice balcony. Double balcony doors meant that the room was wonderfully quiet when both doors where shut. The simple and elegant design was visually appealing. The large bathroom and wetroom was also very nice.

The rest of the hotel is equally as beautiful and functional. First of all, there is always a wonderful light scent in all indoors areas. The Skybar is beautiful and the drinks are great, as always. The pool area is great and the beach and the ocean are just off the back of the hotel. Staying at the hotel entitles you to free beach deck chairs. The table service both by the pool and on the beach is efficient and attentive. Finally the Terazza restaurant is perfectly located to overlook the pool and has great food. I loved the tuna tartare and the crab panzanella salad!

Finally, this is the best location in South Beach. Close to Ocean Drive (the Art Deco district), without the noise of actually being on it, very near Lincoln Rd (where all the shops and some great restaurants are), right on the beach and close to other great hotel bars/restaurants that one can pop to for a drink or lunch.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dearest "Pansw7,"

Bless your heart!!... This is one of the most fabulous reviews I have ever read! We enjoyed having you finally stay with us after your many visits to Skybar. Now I want to know, when are you coming back?? Please let me know and I will treat you to a complimentary cocktail at Skybar just because you are a gem of a guest :)

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everyone at the hotel did everything they could to make our stay great. The staff are professional and friendly, and go the extra mile every time. From the breakfast to the housekeeping, they make you feel special. Unfortunately the internet is a problem, and as we were there on business, we could not meet important deadlines, due to the slow (sometimes not at all) connection speed.
For anyone who wants to have a holiday, and experience the vibe of Miami, I will recommend this hotel. If you are on business though I would suggest you try elsewhere, or inquire as to whether the internet has improved.
Apart from, we loved the location, the beach, the room was superior with the best towels and sheets, and we were made to feel at home by every staff member we met.

Room Tip: Do not take a beach view room if you are not prepared to sleep with your balcony doors firmly closed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dearest "Tpickard,"

It means so much that you felt extra special and at home with all of us at Shore Club. We certainly consider you part of our wonderful family! I sincerely apologize for the internet issues you had during your stay though... we have been working with our amazing IT Department and they have corrected this issue. We are pleased to announce that internet is now complimentary in all the rooms... whoop whoop!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I love this hotel, from the moment you walk in a feeling of calmness and style. The staff are amazing and fall overthemselves to help you. The food is great also, especially the all you can eat breakfast so me much choice that really sets you up for the day. A day by the pool not to be missed comfy beds and a chance to relax in this great hotel, on Sunday the hotel has a pool party great fun. The location is perfect and in walking distance to all the attractions.

Dearest "Jason R,"

Oh my goodness how sweet of you to say all those lovely comments! I agree with you about our sense of calmness and style when you walk in the lobby. We call it our "Decompression Chamber." Also I am glad you enjoyed our scrumptious breakfast buffet. Thank you being great guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Shore Club was just "ok" in my opinion. When we pulled up to the entrance upon arrival, my reaction was "This is it?" The lobby was less than impressive. They've attempted to make it look modern with hanging white drapes and lanterns but without those, it would just look like a dull, concrete space.

The outdoor bar was unique. It had lanterns and stools and bright colours and looked lovely when it was lit up at night. But it had beds in the bar area! Beds?

Our hotel room was bright and clean and the bed was really comfortable but the room had a lot of concrete which made it feel cold. We were awake several times at night due to noise...ie. people yelling in the halls, slamming doors, etc...There didn't seem to be as much sound-proofing as in other hotels. The noise was probably amplified due to all the concrete in the building. We did have a really nice view of the beach from our balcony though.

The hotel is right on the beach and close to the Lincoln Rd (the pedestrian shopping street) but if I were to go to South Beach again, I probably wouldn't stay at Shore Club.

Dearest "GlobeTraveler74,"

We sincerely apologize that you were not overly impressed with your stay. We are so upset that we let ourselves down. We get so many great comments about our chic Art Deco lobby and our Mexican Sandstone floor in all our rooms. The beds located in the Red Room Garden bar area are a cool concept created and designed by the famous British designer, David Chipperfield. I am sorry that his concept is not your sense of style. We do have sound proof windows in all of our rooms to block out the outside noise from South Beach. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon and if you do, I would personally look after your stay and make sure it is fantastic! We appreciate your honest feedback.

Kind Regards,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!