“Excellent hotel, great location - highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #35 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
New Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent hotel, great location - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

While I've visited the Skybar pretty much every time I've been to Miami, this was my first stay at the hotel. I could not have been more impressed and satisfied. I stayed in a double queen city view room: it was beautiful, spacious, with a nice balcony. Double balcony doors meant that the room was wonderfully quiet when both doors where shut. The simple and elegant design was visually appealing. The large bathroom and wetroom was also very nice.

The rest of the hotel is equally as beautiful and functional. First of all, there is always a wonderful light scent in all indoors areas. The Skybar is beautiful and the drinks are great, as always. The pool area is great and the beach and the ocean are just off the back of the hotel. Staying at the hotel entitles you to free beach deck chairs. The table service both by the pool and on the beach is efficient and attentive. Finally the Terazza restaurant is perfectly located to overlook the pool and has great food. I loved the tuna tartare and the crab panzanella salad!

Finally, this is the best location in South Beach. Close to Ocean Drive (the Art Deco district), without the noise of actually being on it, very near Lincoln Rd (where all the shops and some great restaurants are), right on the beach and close to other great hotel bars/restaurants that one can pop to for a drink or lunch.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dearest "Pansw7,"

Bless your heart!!... This is one of the most fabulous reviews I have ever read! We enjoyed having you finally stay with us after your many visits to Skybar. Now I want to know, when are you coming back?? Please let me know and I will treat you to a complimentary cocktail at Skybar just because you are a gem of a guest :)

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everyone at the hotel did everything they could to make our stay great. The staff are professional and friendly, and go the extra mile every time. From the breakfast to the housekeeping, they make you feel special. Unfortunately the internet is a problem, and as we were there on business, we could not meet important deadlines, due to the slow (sometimes not at all) connection speed.
For anyone who wants to have a holiday, and experience the vibe of Miami, I will recommend this hotel. If you are on business though I would suggest you try elsewhere, or inquire as to whether the internet has improved.
Apart from, we loved the location, the beach, the room was superior with the best towels and sheets, and we were made to feel at home by every staff member we met.

Room Tip: Do not take a beach view room if you are not prepared to sleep with your balcony doors firmly closed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dearest "Tpickard,"

It means so much that you felt extra special and at home with all of us at Shore Club. We certainly consider you part of our wonderful family! I sincerely apologize for the internet issues you had during your stay though... we have been working with our amazing IT Department and they have corrected this issue. We are pleased to announce that internet is now complimentary in all the rooms... whoop whoop!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I love this hotel, from the moment you walk in a feeling of calmness and style. The staff are amazing and fall overthemselves to help you. The food is great also, especially the all you can eat breakfast so me much choice that really sets you up for the day. A day by the pool not to be missed comfy beds and a chance to relax in this great hotel, on Sunday the hotel has a pool party great fun. The location is perfect and in walking distance to all the attractions.

Dearest "Jason R,"

Oh my goodness how sweet of you to say all those lovely comments! I agree with you about our sense of calmness and style when you walk in the lobby. We call it our "Decompression Chamber." Also I am glad you enjoyed our scrumptious breakfast buffet. Thank you being great guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Shore Club was just "ok" in my opinion. When we pulled up to the entrance upon arrival, my reaction was "This is it?" The lobby was less than impressive. They've attempted to make it look modern with hanging white drapes and lanterns but without those, it would just look like a dull, concrete space.

The outdoor bar was unique. It had lanterns and stools and bright colours and looked lovely when it was lit up at night. But it had beds in the bar area! Beds?

Our hotel room was bright and clean and the bed was really comfortable but the room had a lot of concrete which made it feel cold. We were awake several times at night due to noise...ie. people yelling in the halls, slamming doors, etc...There didn't seem to be as much sound-proofing as in other hotels. The noise was probably amplified due to all the concrete in the building. We did have a really nice view of the beach from our balcony though.

The hotel is right on the beach and close to the Lincoln Rd (the pedestrian shopping street) but if I were to go to South Beach again, I probably wouldn't stay at Shore Club.

Dearest "GlobeTraveler74,"

We sincerely apologize that you were not overly impressed with your stay. We are so upset that we let ourselves down. We get so many great comments about our chic Art Deco lobby and our Mexican Sandstone floor in all our rooms. The beds located in the Red Room Garden bar area are a cool concept created and designed by the famous British designer, David Chipperfield. I am sorry that his concept is not your sense of style. We do have sound proof windows in all of our rooms to block out the outside noise from South Beach. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon and if you do, I would personally look after your stay and make sure it is fantastic! We appreciate your honest feedback.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time hence my first trip advisor entry - worth the time I think. A previous visit to Miami Beach saw me stay in a rather less than perfect hotel north of the main action (booked by a friend without my knowledge, but I forgave them) this time however I was determined to stay central and in style to ensure I enjoyed every moment of my holiday. So whichever hotel I picked needed to match my expectations – well done Shore Club you guys did just that.
For me the seamless check in, great pool, spacious rooms and food offerings were just what I was looking for. (I am a little unsure about the previous reviewers comments about airplane food and high costs, from my experience of hotel food these guys seem to have it sorted and to say it is like airplane food is certainly not my experience, the food around the pool has to be some of the best and biggest portions I have had when compared to other hotels . . . Oh and I did like the breakfast buffet – nice to see they give a buffet option but keep the quality still at a 5 star level). The beach and continued excellent service you receive when you are on it is the cherry on the top for me. The overall atmosphere and blend of 5 star service with relaxed holiday environment is perfectly combined with a vibe that I think works perfectly. If I was to be super fussy a slight drawback is the pool area can get busy, having said that you can always find a bed (in fact one of the staff always find and make up a bed for you, I loved this!) but I guess you would expect nothing less from a hotel that has Nobu, offers great drinks, fantastic staff and is situated slap bag in the middle of Miami beach strip. Well done Shore club you restored my faith in quality hotels that are part of a group but treat guests like individuals – a real personal boutique feel that encapsulated everything I was looking for. I will be back in Miami again and the Shore Club is my go to hotel.

Room Tip: Book early at weekends - we tried to extend by a few days and these guys get booked up. if you can g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dearest "Damski01,"

Wow.... Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am totally blown away by your amazing review. We are so thrilled that we restored your faith in South Beach hotels and will now be your "go to" one from now on! We love giving our guests the 5 star treatment. This means alot to us that you took the time to post your first Trip Advisor review because of the outstanding service you received at Shore Club! Thank you so much... Looking forward to seeing you again sooner rather than later :)

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My experience here was a bit hit or miss. The food is comparable to airport food (terrible and overpriced), the TV was crap, and the hotel charges for EVERYTHING. (You want a beach umbrella over your beach chair? $15 bucks). However, the view was great, the service was pretty good and the overall vibe of the hotel was decent. This is probably a good place if you're looking for a scene but if you want a good quality hotel experience this is not the place for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dearest "Annawolfny,"

We sincerely apologize that you did not have a wonderful guest experience as so many of our other guests do. We are so upset that we let you down. Shore Club has delicious food that people from all over the world come to enjoy and would never considerate it as "airport food." There is a charge for beach umbrellas but the chairs and towels are complimentary. We simply do not overcharge our guests but the city of Miami does require taxes on our room rate which is 13%. Miami is an expensive city but Shore Club does not purposely put extra charges other than required to by law! Thank you for your honest feedback.

Kind Regards,
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We are big fans of Morgan's hotels. Our favorite is the Mondrian in LA, but the Shore Club is probably the "Miami" version of it. Special thank to Alexandra, the guest experience manager.

We have tried the Mondrian in Miami (nice a bit far from the beaches and not so funky) and Delano (too expensive and too old for us, although beautiful I must admit).

Room Tip: See view and high level, plus balcony if you are a smoker
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Thierry H,"

Well we are such a fan of you as well!! Thanks for the compliments... you are making us blush ;)

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!