“Not Overly Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto
“Not Overly Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Shore Club was just "ok" in my opinion. When we pulled up to the entrance upon arrival, my reaction was "This is it?" The lobby was less than impressive. They've attempted to make it look modern with hanging white drapes and lanterns but without those, it would just look like a dull, concrete space.

The outdoor bar was unique. It had lanterns and stools and bright colours and looked lovely when it was lit up at night. But it had beds in the bar area! Beds?

Our hotel room was bright and clean and the bed was really comfortable but the room had a lot of concrete which made it feel cold. We were awake several times at night due to noise...ie. people yelling in the halls, slamming doors, etc...There didn't seem to be as much sound-proofing as in other hotels. The noise was probably amplified due to all the concrete in the building. We did have a really nice view of the beach from our balcony though.

The hotel is right on the beach and close to the Lincoln Rd (the pedestrian shopping street) but if I were to go to South Beach again, I probably wouldn't stay at Shore Club.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dearest "GlobeTraveler74,"

We sincerely apologize that you were not overly impressed with your stay. We are so upset that we let ourselves down. We get so many great comments about our chic Art Deco lobby and our Mexican Sandstone floor in all our rooms. The beds located in the Red Room Garden bar area are a cool concept created and designed by the famous British designer, David Chipperfield. I am sorry that his concept is not your sense of style. We do have sound proof windows in all of our rooms to block out the outside noise from South Beach. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon and if you do, I would personally look after your stay and make sure it is fantastic! We appreciate your honest feedback.

1,421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time hence my first trip advisor entry - worth the time I think. A previous visit to Miami Beach saw me stay in a rather less than perfect hotel north of the main action (booked by a friend without my knowledge, but I forgave them) this time however I was determined to stay central and in style to ensure I enjoyed every moment of my holiday. So whichever hotel I picked needed to match my expectations – well done Shore Club you guys did just that.
For me the seamless check in, great pool, spacious rooms and food offerings were just what I was looking for. (I am a little unsure about the previous reviewers comments about airplane food and high costs, from my experience of hotel food these guys seem to have it sorted and to say it is like airplane food is certainly not my experience, the food around the pool has to be some of the best and biggest portions I have had when compared to other hotels . . . Oh and I did like the breakfast buffet – nice to see they give a buffet option but keep the quality still at a 5 star level). The beach and continued excellent service you receive when you are on it is the cherry on the top for me. The overall atmosphere and blend of 5 star service with relaxed holiday environment is perfectly combined with a vibe that I think works perfectly. If I was to be super fussy a slight drawback is the pool area can get busy, having said that you can always find a bed (in fact one of the staff always find and make up a bed for you, I loved this!) but I guess you would expect nothing less from a hotel that has Nobu, offers great drinks, fantastic staff and is situated slap bag in the middle of Miami beach strip. Well done Shore club you restored my faith in quality hotels that are part of a group but treat guests like individuals – a real personal boutique feel that encapsulated everything I was looking for. I will be back in Miami again and the Shore Club is my go to hotel.

Room Tip: Book early at weekends - we tried to extend by a few days and these guys get booked up. if you can g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dearest "Damski01,"

Wow.... Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am totally blown away by your amazing review. We are so thrilled that we restored your faith in South Beach hotels and will now be your "go to" one from now on! We love giving our guests the 5 star treatment. This means alot to us that you took the time to post your first Trip Advisor review because of the outstanding service you received at Shore Club! Thank you so much... Looking forward to seeing you again sooner rather than later :)

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My experience here was a bit hit or miss. The food is comparable to airport food (terrible and overpriced), the TV was crap, and the hotel charges for EVERYTHING. (You want a beach umbrella over your beach chair? $15 bucks). However, the view was great, the service was pretty good and the overall vibe of the hotel was decent. This is probably a good place if you're looking for a scene but if you want a good quality hotel experience this is not the place for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dearest "Annawolfny,"

We sincerely apologize that you did not have a wonderful guest experience as so many of our other guests do. We are so upset that we let you down. Shore Club has delicious food that people from all over the world come to enjoy and would never considerate it as "airport food." There is a charge for beach umbrellas but the chairs and towels are complimentary. We simply do not overcharge our guests but the city of Miami does require taxes on our room rate which is 13%. Miami is an expensive city but Shore Club does not purposely put extra charges other than required to by law! Thank you for your honest feedback.

Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We are big fans of Morgan's hotels. Our favorite is the Mondrian in LA, but the Shore Club is probably the "Miami" version of it. Special thank to Alexandra, the guest experience manager.

We have tried the Mondrian in Miami (nice a bit far from the beaches and not so funky) and Delano (too expensive and too old for us, although beautiful I must admit).

Room Tip: See view and high level, plus balcony if you are a smoker
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Thierry H,"

Well we are such a fan of you as well!! Thanks for the compliments... you are making us blush ;)

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A recent trip to the Shore Club gave me one of the best suprises of a lifetime of travels. After booking a Jr. Suite and also a standard room for our group, we arrived to find our rooms were not ready. We hit the beach and recieved a call from Jennifer at the front desk telling us our rooms would be ready shortly but that she had another option for us as the hotel was oversold. If we were willing to combine our reservations we would be upgraded to a 2 room suite. We agreed, only to find out the Suite was the 6,000 sq ft rooftop Penthouse with unbeatable views! They didn't make a big deal out of it, as if we were so "lucky" to be staying there as so many places would do, but rather treated us like the guests we were and actually thanked US for helping them out. It was genuine service, which in my experience in South Beach is a rarity. From door to door, the Shore Club hit a home run for us and we felt like valued guests without all the fuss like some of the other places around town. Everyone was pleasant, nice, and very helpful and we'll be back, even if we aren't sleeping like kings next time!

Dearest "CL_Tuck,"

We thoroughly enjoyed having your fun group staying in our Penthouse! It was great how it worked out and our Front Desk Manager, Jennifer was thrilled to give you that option. Thank you for staying with us and we will always treat you like kings no matter if you are saying in a standard room or the Penthouse :) Sending you much love from our Shore Club family.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First time at the Shore Club and was extremely please with everything. The staff was wonderful. Everyone from the front desk to Juan at Terazza was friendly and accommodating. The bed was comfortable and I loved the shower in the bathroom! Everything is here to have a fun South Beach experience (great location, nice hotel restaurant, welcoming staff). The pool area at night is a great place to have cocktails and just lounge around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Alyson69,"

Thanks for such a lovely comment :) We are so happy that you had a fun South Beach experience and enjoyed all the great things Shore Club has to offer. Juan appreciates your kind words about him. Now when are you coming back for a second trip??

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Before we moved away from the beach this past August, my girlfriend and I stayed here and expected the usual minimal service and amenities found at South Beach Hotels, but we were very pleasantly surprised. From the first welcome at the front door, to the front desk agents and all along to my departure, every single person on staff provided a much better level of service that is normal for South Beach hotels. The team was always friendly, helpful, and right on time. The hotel is ON the beach and not separated by a wooden boardwalk, and with very easy access to Lincoln Road and all the nightlife. I especially enjoyed the pool and their Sunday Brunch, not to forgetting the champagne. Nobu is the best Steak/Japanese restaurant on Collins and was out of this world and we had a wonderful lunch on the patio one afternoon.
Our room (bungalow) was large and poolside, with two floors and a lovely patio. The hotel was clean, easy to get around and a great location on Collins Avenue. Everyone seems happy to work there and I sure was happy with my stay in such a beautiful and friendly hotel! Check out the packages for some great deals.
Having worked at another hotel on the beach, this one surely knows service, guest satisfaction and appreciates the business. This was a very nice hospitality experience. I promise those that are reading this, you won't regret this one...gives them a try and pretty sure you will enjoy it.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, check out the poolside bungalow. All the rooms are nice, so don't worry.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Mares_santa_fean,"

Cheers to you my friend! This means so much to everybody at Shore Club. Your comments truly touched us. The fact that you have worked in the hospitality business before and were blown away by our service and staff is incredible. We thank you so much for staying here and indulging in such a nice hospitality experience. Please come back and see us soon!!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!