“Pure Decadence experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oxford
“Pure Decadence experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

I stayed here for a week. The hotel's interiour is simply ambient, decadents and beautiful. Fron the flowing white muslin and large lanterns to the moorish sky bar garden with an infinity pool surrounded by Moroccan double beds. It is simply heavenly to be staying here.

Obviously it is not cheap in the bar/restaurat - but that is not surprising. The Grey Goose Martini's are mixed perfectly. The service could not be faulted and was conducted with unassuming class and professionalism.

I had a standard double room all in white decor apart from the the splash of tangerine orange of the bin and toothbrish holder. There was a minibar and basket of other Shore Club accessories such as t-shirts and bikini's wrapped into very small packages with a relatively reasonable price tag.. The floor was mable along with the bathroom so was nice and cooling.

The Shore Club is a haven during the day but at night the Sky Bar and VIP Red Room fill with 'A' list celebs and models - very tough to get in unless you look the part - but of course this is not as issue if you are a guest!

I am returning again this year and can not wait to expreience the Shore Club again.!

• Liked — The Chic Decadent design and feel
  • Disliked — it is not cheap
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

My husband recently had a conference in Miami so I tagged along to enjoy a hotel on his company's bill. He had reserved a standard room, but was upgraded to an oceanview with balcony. It was pretty big, clean, and comfortable enough. There was no sheet on the bed (just plain white down comforter) which I thought was odd. I can't comment upon front desk service as he checked in before I arrived, but the bellhops were always extremely friendly and helpful. The pool and beach staff were okay. The people getting chairs were helpful, but the beach waitress forgot our order and I had to chase her down. She was not remotely apologetic, and people right next to us that ordered at same time got food about 30 min before. So not worth it for a $25 chicken wrap and fries! Next time I'd run the the French bakery down the street and pack a picnic before heading to the beach. We didn't eat at either restaurant, as we have a Nobu where we live and wanted to explore South Beach anyways. The Sky Bar was fun, and noise didn't bother me in our room because I always wear earplugs anyways. Overall, I think the negative reviews seem a bit harsh, but again, I wasn't paying out of my own pocket.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at the Shore Club for a week in February 2008 for our wedding and honeymoon. We had a fantastic stay and cannot fault the hotel. Our original room did not have the best view (and overlooked an extractor fan!) but we were moved to a better room ,next door to my sister ,on the day of asking.
The service in all areas was very good,especially the front desk, who dealt wth our travel company for us on a number of occasions. We always managed to get a lounger by the pool or on the beach, and found the hotel to be well located. We used valet parking a few times, especially when we needed unlimited take-outs, but tended to park in the nearby public parking garage if we weren't taking the car out that day, as it was $16 opposed to $40- a considerable saving.
The atmosphere and ambience makes this feel like a special place to stay, and we would say that at night we heard no unwanted noise from the bar, as previous people have commented. Around the pool was a little pretentious, which is what some people want I guess, but we tended to get a lounger around the smaller pool or on the beach, which was more chilled out, and were even frequented by a number of children with their Shore Club beach balls!
I would recommend staying here for a special stay or if money is no object.

• Liked — The spacious bathrooms with fabulous showers.
  • Disliked — All the items for sale in the room.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

The main reason to stay at the Shore Club is for easy access to the pool scene and the Sky Bar. For certain people, this should be enough reason to stay here over other hotels on Collins.

However, if you are looking for good service, high quality food, and a nice quiet room, look elsewhere.

The service staff is not attentive. Some are too busy trying to fit into the scene and look cool to actually do their job - which is to cater to your needs. Others seem jaded and annoyed.

Additionally, they don't have a service elevator so you have to wait for cleaning staff to get on and off the elevator with their paraphenalia. I observed one housekeeper roll her eyes in annoyance as a packed elevator arrived at her floor, preventing her from bringing her cart on board. You shouldn't be made to feel like you are in the cleaning staff's way.

Everything is overpriced. The pool staff will try to sway you to get the pitcher of drinks, when it is actually cheaper to get individual drinks. And, there is a mandatory 18% tip written in for every order. I'm not sure why this is the case here and not at the Delano (their sister hotel).

All of the ocean facing rooms are noisy. The Sky Bar, an outdoor club around the pool, stays open until 2am during the week and 3am on the weekend, so you will hear the music during those times.

I will say that the crowd at the Shore Club is still very attractive. The pool is filled with 20 somethings posing to look their best. You will often see celebs lounging at the pool with a bottle of changagne. Chairs are close together so guests mingle and drink together throughout the day and into the night (at Sky Bar). If you are into this, there is still no better pool scene in Miami.

I hope this is helpful.

• Liked — Pool scene and the Sky Bar
  • Disliked — Service, price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I would never stay here again due to the fact that they have nightclub parties and loud music until 3am at the pool which you can hear in your rooms at all hours. Even though I was on th 18th floor it still sounded like the music was right outside. Besides the fact that when you go downstairs it's like trying to make your way through an obnoxious night club.

Truly impossible to get a good nights sleep here. Very bad experience, the only good thing is the staff that is very nice and attentive, especially the concierge and front desk and valets. housekeeing wasnt so good at cleaning the trays of food in the hallways or forgetting things in the room.

also beware of hte high prices of the water and mini bar. also, only decent resaturant was nobu, the other one was the worst food i'd had in miami, $40 for a bowl of greasy pasta. ridiculous!

• Liked — staff and location to beach
  • Disliked — loud music at night and rude guests that were there to party
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

We were off to a bad start when we checked-in way past check-in time, our room was not ready and the front desk lady was very rude about it.
It is a party hotel. If you are there to relax, don't go. I took my sister for a bachelorette weekend however the first night I was exhausted, after dinner went up to my room to read. What was I thinking. You won't get to sleep until after - way after - the bar closes. Ok - my fault, but just fyi.
I don't like that there are concrete floors. I feel like I am staying in a dorm room.
I also wasn't too thrilled about the cockroach making its way across the room either.
Pluses - the shower/bathrooms are nice. The beds are typically queen or kings and fairly comfortable, the tv is nice as well. They were pretty attentive at the beach, not so much by the pool.
All in all - I wouldn't stay there again, but I am not really a fan of Miami either.

• Liked — Two queen size beds in the room
  • Disliked — Front desk, bugs
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lisboa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

Shore Club it was simply great... a very nice surprise !

It´s a good place to stay if you want to be in the action.
The lobby is very impressive. The rooms are clean and minimal with everything you´ll need..
With the famous restaurants like Nobu..expensive but you´re in Miami and you can see beautiful people.
Great partys in the evening by the pool

• Liked — the quality
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!