“Blissful and Peaceful Spa Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Blissful and Peaceful Spa Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If there is anyone that knows about tight and aching muscles, it is me. After doing much research I found the Most quaint, beautiful and peaceful petite spa in busy South Beach. The Shore Club Spa is absolutely INCREDIBLE. Mainly because of the staff! Miguel D. has exemplary guest service; from the time I called months in advance to the moment I checked in for my massage. He was ALWAYS professional and EXTREMELY ACCOMMODATING. Job very well done Miguel! My therapist Ana B, TRULY GAVE ONE OF THE BEST MASSAGES IVE EVER HAD. Ive had massage treatments as far as Lake Las Vegas. Ana truly has world class techniques and excellent guest service. A true word! I would highly recommend Ana and plan on being a repeat guest for her massage. Thanks to you all for a beautiful day. Ms Davis

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dearest Latoya D.,

Oh my goodness! Thank you for that marvelous review! Our Shore Club Spa is a serene, Zen-like atmosphere allowing you to replenish your body's natural energies and rhythms... Sounds like Heaven doesn't it?! Miguel D. and Ana B. are superstars and sincerely appreciate your comments. Miguel D. is a pleasing Spa Coordinatior and knows so much about the products. Ana B. knows exactly how to relieve tension and make all the stress go away. Please come back for another delightful spa day!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The property is very beautiful, the rooms are chic and moderm, the staff is very friendly and attentive, at Terraza restaurant food is delicious, servers are very nice, we remember Jose, the best capuccino's maker, we highly recommend this resort to any one.

Mr and Mrs. Quirino

Room Tip: infront of the sea are the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dearest "Marcelof,"

Wow!! Thank you for these kind words! I totally agree with you about Jose and his cappuccinos... they are super delicious! Come back again soon :)

jupiter, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent a day at this fabulous hotel, enjoying the spa + the pool area, and I can't say enough about my experience. The only bummer that I will remember for my next visit (and there will be one!) is to plan my spa appointments so that I can enjoy the amazing Sunday brunch complete with unlimited mimosas. A round of applause for Halley, the spa manager, and her super-talented team Harold (best. massage. ever.) and Norma (nail expert extraordinaire). All are true professionals who know their business...and not only that, they're really good people. Thank you Shore Club peeps!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dearest "Gypsy20,"

You are such a sweetheart! How soon can you come back and visit us?? You have got to stay longer than one day next time! Our spa is top notch and Halley is the icing on the cake. She is an amazing spa manager. Harold gives spectacular massages and Norma does the best mani/pedis. I had Norma do my nails for my best friend's wedding and they have never looked so good before!! Our "Ladies Who Brunch" on Sundays has a fabulous buffet and unlimited mimosas, bellinis, or bloody mary's for only $32. Please hurry back!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in November and were very happy with our accomodations. The room was a great deal, large enough with a gigantic bathroom and although it was not ocean view and was on the 2nd floor facing busy Collins Boulevard, something that scared us initially - the double paned windows meant that even on our low floor, we were outside-noise-free. Some highlights included a very friendly and knowledgeable concierge staff, that gave us a number of high quality recommendations that really enhanced our trip. They also clued us in to the free bicycles that are available to the guests - something we took advantage of each day. The pool area was nice enough and it was great having beach access. The food at the pool was good and the wait staff were friendly and attentive. The only negative element of the hotel was the fact that the pool was trying to be a little-too-hip for its own good with blasting, loud music at all hours everywhere in the pool that frankly made it hard to chill and relax and so took away from the otherwise wonderful scenery. The pool area is actually divided into two parts and so our recommendation for the management team would be to take the speakers out of the smaller pool area so that guests have a choice of pool ambiance. We prefer the beach anyway to the pool, but if we were strictly pool people, the loudness of the music would have caused us to lower our rating for the hotel. Overall - again, given the relatively low nightly rate for a hotel of this sort - we would highly recommend it and plan to try to get back there ourselves on our next trip to Miami.

Dearest "Glennpacc,"

Thank you for this lovely review! I am so thrilled you had a fantastic time! Each room has soundproof windows and double paned for a great night's sleep. Our concierge team are always "in the know" and love helping our guests with recommendations and reservations. The bicycles we provide are complimentary to our guests! Isn't that amazing?! I do apologize for the music being too loud out by the pool. We usually have deejays on the weekends but during the weekday, the music is more chill. Our beach scene is amazing and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Looking forward to seeing you soon :)

Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

What I liked: Shore Club's staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The location is perfect -- on the beach and not far from Lincoln Road. The rooms are clean bright and airy, albeit a bit basic -- think Ikea styling. It's not luxurious, but completely functional. We stayed in a Jr. Suite with balcony and an ocean view with balcony. Both had beautiful views from roomy balconies. The Jr, Suite obviously had more room, which was nice. What wasn't for me, but you might like: We went to South Beach because I wanted to relax in the afternoons. I had a vision of hanging by the pool with a book during the day. This wasn't possible on Saturday or Sunday. Both days the pool was crowded and featured very loud techno music (which is like nails on a chalkboard for me). It was even uncomfortable to use the bars while this was going on. Notwithstanding, we were able to simply go to the beach on these days instead. During the week days the pool was lovely. However, if you would like to lay in the sun, you'll need to get there early because the spots fill up quickly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dearest "Winewanderer."

Thank you so much for your comments! We definitely have a nice staff and perfect location! On Saturdays and Sundays we do have a deejay that comes in to add an extra kick around the pool so I am sorry if his choice of beats did not suit you. Every Sunday we have our Sundaze pool party that is always a favorite for our guests and Miami locals. We do have a beach pool behind our main pool that is more relaxing and calm to read a book during both Saturday and Sunday. Our chairs are first come, first serve also. Hope you come back again to see us soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have been to Miami South Beach several times but never stayed at the Shore Club. We were excited and eager for our vacation. First, let me say, by all means, don't miss the Shore Club if in South Beach. The grounds are amazing, cool, well-maintained, and have a great atmosphere and vibe. The pool and skybar area are wonderful. Go for a drink. Go eat at Nobu (always one of our must-dos when there). I am sad to say that after all the anticipation, actually staying there fell short. First, we arrived early so I didn't expect a room. But, after waiting over four hours (and well past the posted check in time) without ever receiving a call as promised, it got a little ridiculous. After checking back at the desk on our own, our room was then ready. The rooms are in a common Miami decor - minimalist, white, but very cool. We were in a jr. suite with ocean view and the extra full bath was a great suprise. The balcony was nice as well. Once in our room, we waited over an hour for our luggage and, after calling to see what happened, they finally brought it. It was a special occasion for my husband and I so after we were settled in our room (we'd been exploring all day while waiting for our room) well, let's say we were in the midst of some private romantic time. Imagine our suprise when someone came busting into the room. My reaction was to yell in suprise and shock. They quickly left. Then we got back to enjoying our time, and the phone rings. Ugh! They were trying to deliver a bottle of wine compliments of the house. Nice gesture, but bad timing. And, to come into the room - very bad.

During our four day stay, we enjoyed the beach access and pool a lot. BUT, we kept getting the nagging uncomfortable feelilng of being "nickeled and dimed" to death - but at the Shore Club, it's really $10 and $20'd to death. I know South Beach is expensive and I expect it. What I don't expect is to pay over $600 for a room, then get hit up for everything as an extra. They let the public into the pool on the weekend, so then they start charging for pool chairs (which were free during the week). Really? Fine, charge the public, but not paying guests! At the beach, we were upsold on having the nice chair at the front by the water - for $100!!! Really, did I have "sucker" tattooed on my forehead? Yes, drinks are expensive, but don't come to South Beach if you don't like that. But, the excessive upcharges they put on everything on top of the high prices? A bit much. The spa was a mystery to me as to why it was so popular. It had no atmosphere. The "relaxation area" was a few chairs in front of the busy bank of elevators. I was overcharged from the quoted price for my service - but to their credit, they fixed it the next day when I mentioned it. The locker room facilities are minimal at best and after paying so much for th week, they wanted to charge me $10 just to use the shower before we left? Another example of the extra charges.

So, don't miss this wonderful property. But, think twice about staying there. They seem to be struggling with what type of property they want to be and who they cater to. We will find another place next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear K-Cadventures,

The Shore Club sincerely wants all of our hotel guests to enjoy every moment of their stay so it bothers us to hear your review. We acknowledge your inconveniences and hope that you come back again for all the things you enjoyed such as our pool, Skybar, and atmosphere. We apologize for the delay of your room being ready, that is why we sent you a bottle of complimentary wine. Each room provides a "Do Not Disturb" sign to be hung outside the room when you require privacy. Had the sign been there, Room Service would not have entered and disrupted your romantic private time. The pool is only open to the public on Sundays for our fabulous Sundaze Pool Party. Also, chairs and towels are complimentary to all hotel guests at the pool and beach. Guests are only charged for cabanas on the beach or day beds by the pool. Our spa is known for being relaxing and tranquil so I am sorry you did not agree on this. It is unfortunate that you felt "nickeled and dimed." We at Shore Club work very hard to please our guests... Hope you give us another chance. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Kind Regards,
Westport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just the right amount of wrong. Rooms are nothing fancy - minimalist or bare boned if you'd rather... But the bathrooms are huge and water pressure phenomenal. Service is great and there is always a scene. You can stay under the radar or be out in the thick of the action. Clean sheets and a greet nights sleep, if you choose to sleep!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear "Jlang816,"

We appreciate your honest feedback. Our guestrooms radiate high style, with a white-on-white palette with dashes of color. It is a minimalistic style but that is one of the reasons that make our rooms so very chic. We do have fantastic water pressure in our luxurious bathrooms and plush beds with down duvets. Our bed linens are 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets... very cozy and snug! We hope to see you again soon.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!